List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Is the show a bore.?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is the show a bore.?

Started by Barbyboo at 2014/01/06 05:03PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/10 06:57AM, Views: 1240, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2014/01/09 09:43PM
    Re: Is the show a bore.?
    janetb

Quote coffeerox: Y&R is too repetitive. They keep dragging storylines on for too long and eventually you just don't care anymore, and the writers can't resolve it because they wrote themselves into a corner (ehem, Carmine's murder).

The dialogue is monotonous too (Victor: family, constant threats, etc, Billy: boo freakin hoo, Adam: omg I'm so emotionless look at me). The characters are so 1 dimensional it's not even funny.

Right now, I'm really impressed by Days. I didn't like the Abigail/EJ turn but so far they've been dropping bombs, dealing with the fallout, dragging that on a little bit and then more bombs. I love it.

Sleaze factor is also higher in Days. Right now I'm really digging Theresa and Brady. Very entertaining to watch. I think Theresa is smokin hot and love how evil she is. I love seeing Brady as a drug addict and all the crazy things he does/says.

I don't watch Days but agree about Y&R. It's so predictable and boring. The s/l all drag on too long until who cares anymore. I enjoy any day without the stupid whining Baldwins. Summer's paternity s/l has gone on too long as well. Victor will never change. He claimed to want justice for Delia and closure for her family, especially Victoria. Now he's blackmailing Adam to have access to Connor.

#22   2014/01/09 11:06PM
    Vinklin

I have been watching since the very beginning and I must say, I can't remember a time when I didn't stop my life to watch other than now! What the heck is going on? This is a totally different show! Writers, go back and review the past story lines...take a lesson or else you will be the cause of killing this once wonderful show. So very sorry that Billy Miller is leaving and I do miss Michelle Stafford. But the one I miss the most is Katherine Chancellor. She was the greatest!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/09 11:12PM
    #23   2014/01/10 12:11AM
    coffeerox

Sinny:
    Days is great right now.. I am loving the Abby EJ stuff.. that is the stuff I tune into soaps for..must see stuff.. I so cannot wait till Sami finds out.. Abby is hot for her man LOL

Hmm, I didn't like that they made it EJ (I guess they are running out of men to pair her up with) but I'm catching up and I have to admit that scene was pretty hot lol! I'm sure this is going to be a ticking time bomb somewhere down the line.
    jilltidwell:
    I agree about DAYS. I can't Teresa.

That's too bad. With Tuesday's episode I can see Theresa hooking up with Brady. Brady doesn't know Theresa right now but once he finds that she has a stash and that they're more alike then he thinks, I think his attitudes towards her is going to change real quick!

#24   2014/01/10 03:01AM
    Sinny

Quote jilltidwell:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote coffeerox: Y&R is too repetitive. They keep dragging storylines on for too long and eventually you just don't care anymore, and the writers can't resolve it because they wrote themselves into a corner (ehem, Carmine's murder).

The dialogue is monotonous too (Victor: family, constant threats, etc, Billy: boo freakin hoo, Adam: omg I'm so emotionless look at me). The characters are so 1 dimensional it's not even funny.

Right now, I'm really impressed by Days. I didn't like the Abigail/EJ turn but so far they've been dropping bombs, dealing with the fallout, dragging that on a little bit and then more bombs. I love it.

Sleaze factor is also higher in Days. Right now I'm really digging Theresa and Brady. Very entertaining to watch. I think Theresa is smokin hot and love how evil she is. I love seeing Brady as a drug addict and all the crazy things he does/says.

Days is great right now.. I am loving the Abby EJ stuff.. that is the stuff I tune into soaps for..must see stuff.. I so cannot wait till Sami finds out.. Abby is hot for her man LOL

I agree about DAYS. I can't Teresa.

LOL isn't she just a nasty little thang?

#25   2014/01/10 03:04AM
    Sinny

Quote Kelby:
    Quote Barbyboo: Where's the zip, where's the cliff hangers...all these story lines drag out...is anyone else feeling it's getting kinda dull?

The show is not so much boring as it is ridiculous. I think if people are honest, and I mean people who have watched this show for twenty years or more, I do not think you can really sit and watch this program and think that it is of good quality. It is nothing but sensational, plot driven nonsense. And it has been that way for years now. That is why this show will be canceled sooner than later. I do not give a d..n if the ratings are up at the moment. That kind of storytelling drives a show to its death everytime. I take no comfort in saying that, because I love my soaps, but this goes for all tv series past or present. This show will leave the air with no dignity if they do not get someone better behind the scenes. Writers and all. This show has been a failure for years now and I do not see it happening. It has been too long.

Great post. I agree with everything you said.. the show is ridiculous and the quality has gone way down.

#26   2014/01/10 03:31AM
    Piperay

Quote Barbyboo: Where's the zip, where's the cliff hangers...all these story lines drag out...is anyone else feeling it's getting kinda dull?

TOTALLY agree, it's so BORING that I literally have to force myself to watch. I'm only hanging onto it out of sentiment.

#27   2014/01/10 03:52AM
    Sinny

Quote Piperay:

TOTALLY agree, it's so BORING that I literally have to force myself to watch. I'm only hanging onto it out of sentiment.

I think a lot of us are watching out of sentiment and long time viewing.. the show is not interesting anymore.. it really is tired and lame and very repetitive.

#28   2014/01/10 04:04AM
    Sinny

Quote janetb:

I don't watch Days but agree about Y&R. It's so predictable and boring. The s/l all drag on too long until who cares anymore. I enjoy any day without the stupid whining Baldwins. Summer's paternity s/l has gone on too long as well. Victor will never change. He claimed to want justice for Delia and closure for her family, especially Victoria. Now he's blackmailing Adam to have access to Connor.

Days is much better than Y&R right now and I never thought I would say that..

#29   2014/01/10 04:10AM
    hopey pix

It is so dull at times!!Victor needs to shut-up and stop collecting new family member like pawns!I can't believe he's not sucking up to Dylan!!He's a family member,why aren't you all over him,Vic?And the Kelly/Stitch thing is slow-moving,and watching it is like pulling teeth!!So painful to watch!!Also,hate this Alex/Courtney turn!!Who are they?Was it needed to butcher their characters like this!I would have preferred to see Courtney with Noah,and Alex with Maybe Ashley!And stay who they were!!Such hog-wash now!!Darn it,just bring Sharon and Sam back together!Let her have some happiness,and get away from the Newman's!!Nick needs to get a new woman,and Jack too!!I sure want some happiness for tham,and Tracey too!!PLEASE!!

#30   2014/01/10 06:57AM
    maja

I think Y&R lost it's way after Mrs C/ JC passed away. I miss her and her advice to those in trouble. Also, the fact we have these storylines that drag on and on. There was no reason to have this Carmine murder mystery going on. No one cares who killed this sleaze and I'm glad this magician disappeared. There was no reason to kill Dee and then have the usual suspect be Adam who instead of explaining the tragic accident hides the fact what happen. It would have been more compelling if Adam had told the truth and each parent dealt with the consequences.Just a dull and boring show that I sometimes skip watchingz.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list