List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Is the show a bore.?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is the show a bore.?

Started by Barbyboo at 2014/01/06 05:03PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/10 06:57AM, Views: 1149, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2014/01/09 10:38AM
    Re: Is the show a bore.?
    jilltidwell

It would be better if Victor was gone for good. How about a "Who Murdered Victor" storyline? Everybody would have a reason to want him dead.

#12   2014/01/09 10:46AM
    Lanie1959

I am excited to to see who is going to out Adam, will it be Victor or Kevin or will Adam finally confess? I wonder how Chelsea and Chloe will react and what's Billy going to do when he finds out. Will victor and Victoria relationship finally be severed over his keeping Adam's dirty little secret...and I am purposely avoiding spoilers and finding the show more fun to watch.

#13   2014/01/09 10:48AM
    Savoy

I'm still enjoying the show, even though some of the s/l's need to be wrapped up.

#14   2014/01/09 11:30AM
    Sinny

Quote coffeerox: Y&R is too repetitive. They keep dragging storylines on for too long and eventually you just don't care anymore, and the writers can't resolve it because they wrote themselves into a corner (ehem, Carmine's murder).

The dialogue is monotonous too (Victor: family, constant threats, etc, Billy: boo freakin hoo, Adam: omg I'm so emotionless look at me). The characters are so 1 dimensional it's not even funny.

Right now, I'm really impressed by Days. I didn't like the Abigail/EJ turn but so far they've been dropping bombs, dealing with the fallout, dragging that on a little bit and then more bombs. I love it.

Sleaze factor is also higher in Days. Right now I'm really digging Theresa and Brady. Very entertaining to watch. I think Theresa is smokin hot and love how evil she is. I love seeing Brady as a drug addict and all the crazy things he does/says.

Days is great right now.. I am loving the Abby EJ stuff.. that is the stuff I tune into soaps for..must see stuff.. I so cannot wait till Sami finds out.. Abby is hot for her man LOL

#15   2014/01/09 04:51PM
    jilltidwell

Quote Sinny:
    Quote coffeerox: Y&R is too repetitive. They keep dragging storylines on for too long and eventually you just don't care anymore, and the writers can't resolve it because they wrote themselves into a corner (ehem, Carmine's murder).

The dialogue is monotonous too (Victor: family, constant threats, etc, Billy: boo freakin hoo, Adam: omg I'm so emotionless look at me). The characters are so 1 dimensional it's not even funny.

Right now, I'm really impressed by Days. I didn't like the Abigail/EJ turn but so far they've been dropping bombs, dealing with the fallout, dragging that on a little bit and then more bombs. I love it.

Sleaze factor is also higher in Days. Right now I'm really digging Theresa and Brady. Very entertaining to watch. I think Theresa is smokin hot and love how evil she is. I love seeing Brady as a drug addict and all the crazy things he does/says.

Days is great right now.. I am loving the Abby EJ stuff.. that is the stuff I tune into soaps for..must see stuff.. I so cannot wait till Sami finds out.. Abby is hot for her man LOL

I agree about DAYS. I can't Teresa.

#16   2014/01/09 06:34PM
    BadWriting

The show is boring OMG and Victor and this yearly dumb storyline of father son with Adam & Jack the father LOL that he wish he had. BORING show

#17   2014/01/09 06:54PM
    bukopandan

Quote BadWriting: The show is boring OMG and Victor and this yearly dumb storyline of father son with Adam & Jack the father LOL that he wish he had. BORING show

I'm not bored by that, yet. Hopefully this time more will come of ole Vic playing his macho games and trying to claim someone as his "family" and basically his property. He always has a soft spot for the young innocents and it's like he covets these children and thinks he is protecting them from the ugly and evil world, but he can't see that he is that ugly and evil world. He ruins everything he touches and so goes for the youngest to start again with another and another blank slate.

#18   2014/01/09 07:13PM
    Kelby

Quote Barbyboo: Where's the zip, where's the cliff hangers...all these story lines drag out...is anyone else feeling it's getting kinda dull?

The show is not so much boring as it is ridiculous. I think if people are honest, and I mean people who have watched this show for twenty years or more, I do not think you can really sit and watch this program and think that it is of good quality. It is nothing but sensational, plot driven nonsense. And it has been that way for years now. That is why this show will be canceled sooner than later. I do not give a d..n if the ratings are up at the moment. That kind of storytelling drives a show to its death everytime. I take no comfort in saying that, because I love my soaps, but this goes for all tv series past or present. This show will leave the air with no dignity if they do not get someone better behind the scenes. Writers and all. This show has been a failure for years now and I do not see it happening. It has been too long.

#19   2014/01/09 07:47PM
    ElleLa

Quote Kelby:
    Quote Barbyboo: Where's the zip, where's the cliff hangers...all these story lines drag out...is anyone else feeling it's getting kinda dull?

The show is not so much boring as it is ridiculous. I think if people are honest, and I mean people who have watched this show for twenty years or more, I do not think you can really sit and watch this program and think that it is of good quality. It is nothing but sensational, plot driven nonsense. And it has been that way for years now. That is why this show will be canceled sooner than later. I do not give a d..n if the ratings are up at the moment. That kind of storytelling drives a show to its death everytime. I take no comfort in saying that, because I love my soaps, but this goes for all tv series past or present. This show will leave the air with no dignity if they do not get someone better behind the scenes. Writers and all. This show has been a failure for years now and I do not see it happening. It has been too long.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you wrote. I haven't watched an epi in a long time and only caught snippets of scenes when hockey was on a commercial break. AMC, OLTL, ATWT and others went out with a whimper as well.

#20   2014/01/09 08:04PM
    Skyemichelle

It's like the movie A Christmas Story and the secret code off of the Ovaltine jar that Ralph anticipated so anxiously to crack. And we all know how that went. Big hype then disappointment.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list