List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Is the show a bore.?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Is the show a bore.?

Started by Barbyboo at 2014/01/06 05:03PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/10 06:57AM, Views: 1233, Replies: 30
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2014/01/06 05:03PM
    Is the show a bore.?
    Barbyboo

Where's the zip, where's the cliff hangers...all these story lines drag out...is anyone else feeling it's getting kinda dull?

#2   2014/01/06 05:05PM
    Re: Is the show a bore.?
    Layngel

I like it, but there are some sl I wish they would wrap up like Carmine's murder.

#3   2014/01/06 05:16PM
    SpeedyFinger...

Quote Barbyboo: Where's the zip, where's the cliff hangers...all these story lines drag out...is anyone else feeling it's getting kinda dull?

It is so dull, it is toast.

#4   2014/01/09 03:01AM
    Dynamicgal

It should have been buried long ago. Now that Adam and Chelsea won't be a couple as they now (recast doesn't work) and Billy is leaving, all that is left is old cronies. The young people are all ratfinks or whiners and squealers. Loved Chelsea back with Adam. Even could handle Nick with Sharon. That one should have never split with Phyllis, but I look at this show now and I wonder why I bother. I come away with a sick stomach because of Victor's "FAMILY" crap over and over and over and it is like a three ring circus with nothing in the middle. With Adam gone, Billy cheating again, anything that held any promise of enjoyment is just gone. It is like they don't know what to do with anyone and just can't fix it, no matter who the director is. I think it is hitting the end of the road stage because there is nothing to revive anymore. The fresh blood is poisoned by Victor's evil and he has gone too far. It is time for retirement. He may think he is wonderful, but the glory light went out a long time ago and isn't reviving. I have lost total interest watching nursing home ready placements trying to stay out of them. Fire them all and start over with a story that is worthy of watching because this one died way back when Cassie did. It is pretty sad when housework is far more exciting than watching what used to be my favorite soap. Even the dresses and glamor are gone. How do they stand going to their jobs every day. Talk about boring and putting in time. Bury it already

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/09 03:04AM
    #5   2014/01/09 03:10AM
    Sinny

Quote Layngel: I like it, but there are some sl I wish they would wrap up like Carmine's murder.

I wish I liked it. I am not happy with the writing at all.. I am loving Days right now tho and I am liking B&Bs katie ridge story.. can't wait for Brooke to get hammered by them

Y&R has no suspense..

#6   2014/01/09 04:13AM
    coffeerox

Y&R is too repetitive. They keep dragging storylines on for too long and eventually you just don't care anymore, and the writers can't resolve it because they wrote themselves into a corner (ehem, Carmine's murder).

The dialogue is monotonous too (Victor: family, constant threats, etc, Billy: boo freakin hoo, Adam: omg I'm so emotionless look at me). The characters are so 1 dimensional it's not even funny.

Right now, I'm really impressed by Days. I didn't like the Abigail/EJ turn but so far they've been dropping bombs, dealing with the fallout, dragging that on a little bit and then more bombs. I love it.

Sleaze factor is also higher in Days. Right now I'm really digging Theresa and Brady. Very entertaining to watch. I think Theresa is smokin hot and love how evil she is. I love seeing Brady as a drug addict and all the crazy things he does/says.

#7   2014/01/09 04:26AM
    Supercouplev...

With Billy leaving, I only watch when him and Victoria are on, I try to watch the whole show, just can't. Even hard to watch my favorite, they won't take this other woman out of their s/l. It would have been more interesting to watch a couple deal with a death together, but they had to bring in someone new to bring the story down.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/09 04:29AM
    #8   2014/01/09 10:27AM
    ksmmm

YES!!!... and it will only get worse when Adam and Billy are gone.

#9   2014/01/09 10:32AM
    judgejudy

Hello. I am new to this board and totally agree with how boring Y&R has become. I have been watching off and on for many, many years!
    I agree that Victor needs to retire! If I were Nikki, I would never let him speak to me in the manner he does.
    Lilly and Cane are boring.
    I cannot believe the direction they have taken Sharon.
    UGH!

#10   2014/01/09 10:34AM
    bukopandan

On the plus side, it was quite something seeing a smiling (with twinkle) Devon yesterday!

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list