List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: ALL Y&R Michael Muhney Firing UPDATES No bash.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: ALL Y&R Michael Muhney Firing UPDATES No bash.

Started by Candace_Soaps.com at 2014/01/04 06:58AM
    Latest post: 2014/03/12 11:42AM, Views: 163118, Replies: 1359
    « 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 » »| page:
    #1061   2014/01/10 08:42AM
    Re: Y&R' Michael Muhney Firing UPDATES
    xseannax

Quote Emily67: I still will not watch Y&R anymore after Michael Mulhaney is off the air. He is an excellent actor. Looks like the gossips have set out to run the bus over him. Is Hunter behind this or is it the Y & R trying to justify firing Mulhaney while running Y & R into the ground.. Men should not be touching women but often women's actions invite it. If the alleged charges are true and you fired Mulhaney- you should have fired Hunter as well for not pressing charges.

A woman doesn't deserve to be assaulted for flirting, dressing sexy, or however "they invited it." I'm am sad that people even suggest this.

#1062   2014/01/10 09:11AM
    trinilisa

Quote Licorice_423: The article didn't really delve into what is going on at the current time. From what EB said about MM wanting him out and from what has been reported about the Veronica Mars set, MM should take this time to reflect. If he wants to be some big name actor one day, he needs to take a step back and realize that he is not a one man show. If his attitude problems are this bad, who wants to work with someone like that? You can't just walk onto a show and think you can just take over from people who have put WAY more time and energy into something. Life doesn't work that way. You need to earn your stripes. It almost seems like MM wanted to be the star right from the beginning and to hell with everyone else who had been there busting their bums far longer than him.

We all know people like that in our own lives. They want to jump to the top and not put in the time to move up like everyone else.

I think that this post is spot on...

#1063   2014/01/10 09:14AM
    Lady53

Quote Emily67: I still will not watch Y&R anymore after Michael Mulhaney is off the air. He is an excellent actor. Looks like the gossips have set out to run the bus over him. Is Hunter behind this or is it the Y & R trying to justify firing Mulhaney while running Y & R into the ground.. Men should not be touching women but often women's actions invite it. If the alleged charges are true and you fired Mulhaney- you should have fired Hunter as well for not pressing charges.

O. M. G.

I can't believe I just read that, even more so that someone would even think that way.

In the beginning of my past profession, unfortunately I have to say I came across some males and a few females even, who felt that way.
    Thankfully that is no longer the case.

A woman isn't inviting to be touched in any form just because of the way she dresses, if she flirts, or how she talks/what she says.

We no longer live in a society that believes in the old "well she asked for it", "boys will be boys" or any other of those biased thoughts and feelings.

I am appalled that anybody could say that or anything similar about another female. SMH

#1064   2014/01/10 09:16AM
    Sinny

Quote Lady53:

O. M. G.

I can't believe I just read that, even more so that someone would even think that way.

In the beginning of my past profession, unfortunately I have to say I came across some males and a few females even, who felt that way.

A woman isn't inviting to be touched in any form just because of the way she dresses, if she flirts, or how she talks/what she says.

We no longer live in a society that believes in the old "well she asked for it", "boys will be boys" or any other of those biased thoughts and feelings.

I am appalled that anybody could say that or anything similar about another female. SMH

I really am trying to stay out of this thread but OMG.. thank you for your post.. women do not ask for it.. how barbaric

#1065   2014/01/10 09:42AM
    YR2013

Quote Lady53:
    Quote YR2013: Why are MM fans being talked about like their idiots and fools for trying to save their favorite? Isn't this bashing a fan base? Or let me take a while guess, it's "opinions" right? I didn't see his fans doing anything different than Lane fans did years ago and I don't think what MM fans did for him is any more stupid or waste of time than Phick fans who were writing boat loads of letters and doing all kinds of gimmicks to save them. Every fan base, and I mean every fan base has the "right" to do as they wish. Respect that because the support MM is getting is no different than that of others. I'm sure if this was another actor, their fans would support them full force and to demean others and say they have money to waste of make fun of them is bashing a fan base in my opinion but I'm sure that will wash under the bridge along with every other bashing and negative thing said about MM and his fans in this thread. I didn't donate money to the cause, but for those who did, more power to them and I want to say to every MM fan, good for you for supporting your fave. UNTIL he's PROVEN guilty, you/me/we have the "right" to support him and even IF he's proven guilty, people STILL has the god given "right" to support or not support him.

All in all it seems like we've moved back to the dark ages where a person should be shot first and then question asked later. Careful what we sow, we can and probably should reap it in spades.

If you are directing this at me, you need to learn what fan base bashing is. I have not said one bad thing about MM's fans and I haven't seen anybody else do that either.

My stating the truth about what happened with the banner is just that, the truth. I am not to blame because they had it fly over the wrong studio.

Also like I have said in this thread, it would be a better thing to donate the money to MM's favorite charity in his name because flying a banner wouldn't do any good.

Well they just proved my point even more so, by having it fly over the wrong studio and by doing so have made themselves a joke according to what is being said on all the social media out there.

Again NOT MY FAULT or anybody else's but theirs.

So please refrain from saying we are bashing the MM fan base when we clearly aren't.

Thank You have good evening

I'm well aware of what fan base bashing is and it's been done a lot IMO. I wasn't talking about you, but I was basing my post on many things I've seen on this thread and other threads on the board. The comments made about MM thinks he's "god" and he's his fans "god" along with his fans "worship" their "god" MM, are all derogatory comments and they are BASH against his fans and the actor. Those aren't just "comments/opinions/debate" material. I know who my god is, and no one can tell me or assume that for me and saying over and over is wrong IMO. It's insinuated that his fans are idiots for investing in the banner being flown and for believing that he didn't do anything to HHK. The comments about him and his fans are sarcastic, derogatory, nonfactual, mean, and even hateful in tone. So far the gossips brought to this thread about MM and his fans are brought here to make fun of him and his fans, that's how I see it playing out in the posts. JMTC and I'm sticking with MY "opinion" and I'm not negating from it. Have a good weekend yourself.

#1066   2014/01/10 09:51AM
    YR2013

[quote]Quote Laduree: [quote]Quote Lady53: [quote]Quote YR2013: Why are MM fans being talked about like their idiots and fools for trying to save their favorite? Isn't this bashing a fan base? Or let me take a while guess, it's "opinions" right? I didn't see his fans doing anything different than Lane fans did years ago and I don't think what MM fans did for him is any more stupid or waste of time than Phick fans who were writing boat loads of letters and doing all kinds of gimmicks to save them. Every fan base, and I mean every fan base has the "right" to do as they wish. Respect that because the support MM is getting is no different than that of others. I'm sure if this was another actor, their fans would support them full force and to demean others and say they have money to waste of make fun of them is bashing a fan base in my opinion but I'm sure that will wash under the bridge along with every other bashing and negative thing said about MM and his fans in this thread. I didn't donate money to the cause, but for those who did, more power to them and I want to say to every MM fan, good for you for supporting your fave. UNTIL he's PROVEN guilty, you/me/we have the "right" to support him and even IF he's proven guilty, people STILL has the god given "right" to support or not support him.

All in all it seems like we've moved back to the dark ages where a person should be shot first and then question asked later. Careful what we sow, we can and probably should reap it in spades.[/quote]

If you are directing this at me, you need to learn what fan base bashing is. I have not said one bad thing about MM's fans and I haven't seen anybody else do that either.

My stating the truth about what happened with the banner is just that, the truth. I am not to blame because they had it fly over the wrong studio.

Also like I have said in this thread, it would be a better thing to donate the money to MM's favorite charity in his name because flying a banner wouldn't do any good.

Well they just proved my point even more so, by having it fly over the wrong studio and by doing so have made themselves a joke according to what is being said on all the social media out there.

Again NOT MY FAULT or anybody else's but theirs.

So please refrain from saying we are bashing the MM fan base when we clearly aren't.

Thank You have good evening[/quote]

I've seen derogatory comments on this board directed at MM fans. One comment directed at me, but cloaked as- the majority of his fans (paraphrasing), was that we think he's God. I was very offended by that. It's laughable on its face, and I should have ignored it, but after seeing it repeated far and wide I had had quite enough with the nonsense. I stopped posting in these types of threads because many are just ready to get a rope and hang him from the nearest tree. Maybe it's the defense law part of me, but I actually do believe in innocent until proven guilty, and I do know there's more than one side to a story. The Duke LaCrosse rape case should give everyone pause.

All that being said I'm not accusing you, personally, of bashing MM's fanbase, but I wanted to point out that comments have been and are being made.[/quote]

TY for stating this. I think it's offensive to tell his fans they "worship" him because he's their "god". I mean really, what right does anyone have in saying this about MM or his fans, and it's not said as a joke or a one time comment, it's done over and over again. The intention of the comments are clear IMO and I don't have to "wonder" about what some think and feel about MM and his fans, I KNOW what some think and feel as per their comments.

#1067   2014/01/10 09:52AM
    grammapam

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Lady53:

O. M. G.

I really am trying to stay out of this thread but OMG.. thank you for your post.. women do not ask for it.. how barbaric
    Same here,Sinny.Thanks from me too.

#1068   2014/01/10 09:57AM
    bukopandan

Quote trinilisa:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote trinilisa:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote bukopandan: Unless there was a camera somewhere or a third party saw something, it's she said/he said. As far as I can tell, the fact that there has been another issue involving MM, whether true or not, would have added to past issues and resulted in the firing. And I can understand a company parting ways. If untrue or unproven, though, so many people will want to believe that it must be true. I'm one of those women who are disappointed in how so many young women today have no real idea what the generations before them put up with and then did so as to make this a much safer and rewarding world for females. When teens and twenty-somethings and even thirty-somethings show no interest in how hard-won rights are now being chipped away at and they have no concern about losing what they currently enjoy, that frustrates me. But as much as a feminist as I am, and as familiar as I am with the workings of a misogynistic world, I am not going to jump to conclusions and spread information that I have no possible way of knowing to be true.

There was a witness, but I guess he is lying too.

It is funny how that is being totally ignored. I wonder why. Max supposedly saw it the last time. MM got fired for a good reason and the fact HK has been off twitter since it just all adds up for me.

Me, too. Do you think that perhaps the younger witness's opinion has no value because it's the almighty? I mean, according to some, he should be free to grope HHK if that's what he did because of who he is and a perceived steller actor by some. So do you think this means we are to just discount the witness?

truly I don't think most MM fans feel like that.. I think only a few extreme MM fans are on that wave length.

I truely hope you are right Sinny.

Well, you can lay off with any sarcastic references to myself. When you talk about "some" ignoring unacceptable behavior that is known (stress on the "known")to have happened, it does not include this poster. Much of my life has been devoted to equal rights, and as I said in another post, I've been involved as a witness, so you can lay off attacking me. I'm quite educated on the subject and have years of experience, both paid and volunteer, dealing with human rights in a number of ways. Scolding me is way off the mark.

I apologize if you feel like I have attacked or scolded you. But in all honesty, you weren't even a thought when I typed my post. I usually scrole past your posts so I actually have no idea what you said, and I am not going to go back and read it. My comments and reference to "some" were based on the posts on this thread by people to the effect of that HHK is despensible where as MM is not, comments like welcome to Hollywood, she should go back to Mommy if she doesn't like being touched inappropriately, what did she expect because in her pictures her bra is hanging out, she should have kicked him in the you-know-what rather than make noise about it, MM is a steller actor and they should have kept him on (despite the aligations), fire the borring characters like Summer...etc, etc.
    I will go back to scroling past your posts, but just wanted to make clear that this was not about you.

And my post was posted where it was because of the unnecessary smarmy string of comments attached to my post. Your own post didn't directly attack and offend me.

#1069   2014/01/10 09:58AM
    YR2013

Quote Lady53:

O. M. G.

I wholeheartedly agree with your post 100%, but I would also like to add that I'm just as appalled that a man/woman could be hung from the closest tree because of hearsay, gossip, rumors, and "feelings". We're not as progressive as a society as we would like to think when things like this STILL happens and people STILL "feel" this way.

#1070   2014/01/10 10:00AM
    nyer566

I agree. Any Y&R fan who is sticking up for him molesting another cast member is not a true Y&R fan. He needs to go and he is gone! I never liked his character anyway and I can see how his Y&R persona can spill over into real life.

« 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list