List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Most disappointing story of the year for you

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Most disappointing story of the year for you

Started by lynj at 2013/12/25 05:34AM
    Latest post: 2014/01/09 03:16PM, Views: 3645, Replies: 44
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #31   2014/01/05 05:48AM
    Re: Most disappointing story of the year for you
    Layngel

I have to say the Fen murder and Lauren affair, mostly because I like Michael and Lauren and they have dragged it on. Tied with that is the Billy cheating with Kelly sl.

#32   2014/01/06 06:02AM
    FL senior fan

Quote Ericafan: I have to saying was Phyllis's coma. She was a strong female character, the rest of the women are weak or Whiney. I miss Past women characters like Dorian Lord, Erica Kane and Angela Hubbard. Love them or hate them, they had a presence. You remember them. I'm embarrassed to admit that sometimes when I'm reading a post I forget who these people are for a moment, and I've been watching the show for about 6 months.
    Phyllis leaving has left a void.

-------------
    I tend to agree with you. Everything involved leading up to her coma was interesting/entertaining...however, the CHARACTER should have came out of it (with or w/o M.S.).

#33   2014/01/06 07:30AM
    Beckyjo

I kind of liked the Lauren affair just because her and Michael were getting boring. Hate the murder part and everything to do with fen. Send him away and bring back a hot Scotty to hook up with Chloe or someone. Also don't know if I missed something or what but didn't ever understand how Gus was connected to rose. He said he never cheated on his wife so why did she need him the night his wife was murdered? Idk maybe I missed that part.

#34   2014/01/06 07:41AM
    Layngel

Quote Beckyjo: I kind of liked the Lauren affair just because her and Michael were getting boring. Hate the murder part and everything to do with fen. Send him away and bring back a hot Scotty to hook up with Chloe or someone. Also don't know if I missed something or what but didn't ever understand how Gus was connected to rose. He said he never cheated on his wife so why did she need him the night his wife was murdered? Idk maybe I missed that part.

Scotty Grainger??? Yes please

#35   2014/01/07 01:00PM
    FL senior fan

Quote Beckyjo: I kind of liked the Lauren affair just because her and Michael were getting boring. Hate the murder part and everything to do with fen. Send him away and bring back a hot Scotty to hook up with Chloe or someone. Also don't know if I missed something or what but didn't ever understand how Gus was connected to rose. He said he never cheated on his wife so why did she need him the night his wife was murdered? Idk maybe I missed that part.

-----------------------------------
    I kind of agree; Lauren having an affair was exciting. However everything revolving around it being found out in the way it was, the tormenting then murder did not interest me. Solving murder has drug out way too long now being haunted by twin brother!Really??!!
    What could have been entertaining is IF THE WRITER'S would have allowed her affair to continue (secretly) for years
    and not discovered but with close calls.

#36   2014/01/07 01:17PM
    BadWriting

Quote Homesick Cajun: I'm having a hard time picking only one. It would be a shorter list if I were to pick the ones that were not disappointing.

If I have to narrow it down to one, I can sum it up with one name. Dylan. All things Dylan. From the time he first came to the show and with all the hoopla surrounding SB joining the cast, it's been one huge disappointing story line after another. The icing on the cake was him being Nikki's long lost son. The reason behind it was so obvious, that Phelps was insuring SB's job so that when she is ultimately fired, Dylan would be firmly cemented as a member of a core family.

Not only that, but Phelps used the real life death of Jeanne Cooper as a spring board for the story line and that still doesn't sit well with me.

100% Boring character & story line

#37   2014/01/07 01:18PM
    habbyfan

I guess for me ... it is the Delia s/l ... I know it is still playing out so I hope in conclusion ... it will be whatever the writers have thought it would be ... but for me it just hasn't ...

#38   2014/01/07 01:20PM
    BadWriting

Quote lynj: This music box thing is driving ME up the wall as well as Jill. I don't know where it's leading, if anywhere.

Most of the year has been disappointing really. Ugh.

Wow it's many but I hate the cassie newman & john Abbott & delia stories. It goes on & on, enough already. We can look at the sci fy channel for ghost stories

#39   2014/01/07 02:57PM
    LDCOOL

The most disappointing story was Delia's death!

#40   2014/01/07 03:40PM
    gracie45

Where to begin...

Billy screwing up over and over. Victor doing the same ranting over and over. The boringness of the Winter clan. Katharine leaving everything to Devon and Victor. The Carmine murder dragging on with both Fen and Michael in the slammer. But the very worst storyline is the death of Delia with the depression and despair that has brought to everyone. I hate that one so much that I am not watching.

My wishes for the coming year are some basic good soap storytelling. Lots of romance and humor. No quickie weddings, no more Genoa city residents lingering in jail. And I DO NOT want Delia back as a ghost please and thankyou.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list