List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Most disappointing story of the year for you

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Most disappointing story of the year for you

Started by lynj at 2013/12/25 05:34AM
    Latest post: 2014/01/09 03:16PM, Views: 3585, Replies: 44
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2013/12/26 05:12PM
    Re: Most disappointing story of the year for you
    hopey pix

Loosing Phyllis,and her NOT coming back is MOST disappointing to me!!AND now,with BM AND MM leaving,coupled with Devon and Mason's BAD storyline just has me seeing RED!!!(AND LOOSING DELIA!!Could there have been a darker s/l?It IS sooo disappointing this whole year)!!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/26 05:13PM
    #22   2013/12/26 05:24PM
    Joy T

1. Phyllis leaving - I miss our "red" so much. Please bring us another talented redhead to portray Phyllis.
    2. hit and run - since the writers probably knew that Billy Miller was leaving anyway, why not just let him and Chloe get back together and send the 3 of them away.
    3. I dislike every story they have written involving Kevin.
    4. Jill and her music box is totally silly. Please give her a man!
    5. All writing of Sharon Case.
    6. Nick has talent but you wouldn't know it by the writers. I haven't cared for any of his s/l since his torrid affair with Phyllis. That was the best and the last.
    7. Neil s/l involving Rose/Hillary
    8. Michael, Lauren, Fen - not a fan of their s/l. They are talented and deserve so much more.

#23   2013/12/26 05:44PM
    On a Clear Day

Wow, where to begin? Pretty much every storyline has been disappointing. It might make more sense to say which one wasn't disappointing? No, wait, can't think of anything there either.

They missed the boat on many couples and always paired the wrong ones. They fired the wrong actors and brought on new wrong actors.

Dragged stuff on forever with no real reveal or payoff.

The Gus/Rose crap was terrible.
    Devon & Victor getting Kay's fortune- terrible.
    Dead Dehlia- horribe. Moping Billy & Adam- brutal.
    Victor going back to being an utter ass again- ridiculous.
    Victor/Jack fued needs a rest.
    All the siblings hating Adam or Dylan forever is so stupid.
    Making an ivy league educated man like Mason into a dumb useless character- what a waste.
    Also educated Hillary doing all the stupid revenge blogging was nonsensical.
    Doing nothing with Cane & lily- super boring.
    Nick buying a dive bar & going back and forth between sisters- not entertaining.
    Summer and her pouting and crying and the botched paternity storyline- aweful. Summer & Fen bullying stuff was bad.
    Way past time to redeem Sharon but they keep throwing her under the bus.
    They've wasted Adam moping and worrying around home instead of using him in business.
    They did not do Kay's exit any justice at all.
    Jill and her pettiness and the music box thing is stupid.
    Kevin/Chloe thief stuff was stupid.
    Noah's girlfiend (Chavez's sister) coming to town with stolen money & then disappearing was a waste.
    Dylan could have been interesting as mystery man from Avery's past showing up but they botched his story. He had chemistry with Sharon and Avery but they had him wham bam thankyou ma'am Chelsea instead cuz his dad died. Really? So stupid. Then he & Chelsea get stuck in a nasty old warehouse for months.
    Michael has made the dumbest mistakes ever and thrown away his career. Lauren also acting so stupid and getting stalked for the upteen time in her life is unwatchable. Fen could have been brought back after they aged him, as a promising next generation young character. Instead they make him into a total loser creep without a brain in his head. Can't stand all the jail scenes with him and Michael. FF, FF, FF.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/26 05:47PM
    #24   2013/12/26 05:54PM
    Jellybelly

Well said!

#25   2014/01/04 02:46PM
    sally my cat

if it was not Sharon ,it was Adam's fault, get new fall guys

#26   2014/01/04 03:19PM
    BobbiSox

Quote strbl: Tough to say, as every storyline of the last several months has been a disappointment. I'd put Delia's death number one, because that and its aftermath has made the show unwatchable for me. But I agree with the first poster that the injection of Dylan into all aspects of the show has hurt it too. Then there's Phyllis in a coma , the Summer paternity fiasco, Sharon and the mean ghost, Katherine's will, the Baldwins in jail, the Winters stalker story.....come to think of it, are there any stories that are not disappointing?

ITA with you. Another death of a child. I haven't been watching since I knew that was coming. I just started back watching, and I have to FF every time there is mention of it, which is every five minutes. Too depressing.

#27   2014/01/04 03:35PM
    CdnMama

Quote valleycliffe: i guess FOR ME, it was the over the top trashing and assassination of Sharon. making her the scapegoat for others was and is just plain sickening...

hoping there is a turn-around for her character and it comes out she didn't do a blessed thing to summers pat. test.

Me too. The most disapointing thing for me, was that Sharon supposedly had something to do with the paternity fiasco; I don't believe she really did this and I hope the writers have it turn out that she only thought that she did it.

#28   2014/01/04 07:38PM
    lbugcoco

Precious Delia Billy could have messed around without killing her and Adam would have definitly messed up on his own

#29   2014/01/04 07:38PM
    lbugcoco

Precious Delia Billy could have messed around without killing her and Adam would have definitly messed up on his own

#30   2014/01/05 05:23AM
    Ontarian

1. Lauren, Michael and Fen - (yawn) the whining, boring, storyline needs to end
    2. Sharon and her actions and delusions, (yawn) needs to end
    3. Phyllis, her coma, (yawn) needs to end
    4. Dylan and Nicky storyline, dumb (yawn)
    5. Cane and Lily storyline, not going anywhere (yawn)
    6. Devon storyline, at a standstill (yawn)
    7. Nick (yawn)
    8. Neil (more yawning)

I could go on and on, but I'll sum it up. What has happened to my Y&R? The whole show has gone downhill in the last few years. It's become boring, not as exciting as it once was, and very disappointing. I want my old Y&R back!

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list