List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Most disappointing story of the year for you

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Most disappointing story of the year for you

Started by lynj at 2013/12/25 05:34AM
    Latest post: 2014/01/09 03:16PM, Views: 3635, Replies: 44
    1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #1   2013/12/25 05:34AM
    Most disappointing story of the year for you
    lynj

This music box thing is driving ME up the wall as well as Jill. I don't know where it's leading, if anywhere.

Most of the year has been disappointing really. Ugh.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/25 05:39AM
    #2   2013/12/25 06:05AM
    Re: Most disappointing story of the year for you
    Homesick Cajun

I'm having a hard time picking only one. It would be a shorter list if I were to pick the ones that were not disappointing.

If I have to narrow it down to one, I can sum it up with one name. Dylan. All things Dylan. From the time he first came to the show and with all the hoopla surrounding SB joining the cast, it's been one huge disappointing story line after another. The icing on the cake was him being Nikki's long lost son. The reason behind it was so obvious, that Phelps was insuring SB's job so that when she is ultimately fired, Dylan would be firmly cemented as a member of a core family.

Not only that, but Phelps used the real life death of Jeanne Cooper as a spring board for the story line and that still doesn't sit well with me.

#3   2013/12/25 06:05AM
    Homesick Cajun

Hate those double posts!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/25 06:06AM
    #4   2013/12/25 07:29AM
    Ericafan

I have to saying was Phyllis's coma. She was a strong female character, the rest of the women are weak or Whiney. I miss Past women characters like Dorian Lord, Erica Kane and Angela Hubbard. Love them or hate them, they had a presence. You remember them. I'm embarrassed to admit that sometimes when I'm reading a post I forget who these people are for a moment, and I've been watching the show for about 6 months.
    Phyllis leaving has left a void.

#5   2013/12/25 08:04AM
    strbl

Tough to say, as every storyline of the last several months has been a disappointment. I'd put Delia's death number one, because that and its aftermath has made the show unwatchable for me. But I agree with the first poster that the injection of Dylan into all aspects of the show has hurt it too. Then there's Phyllis in a coma , the Summer paternity fiasco, Sharon and the mean ghost, Katherine's will, the Baldwins in jail, the Winters stalker story.....come to think of it, are there any stories that are not disappointing?

#6   2013/12/25 08:28AM
    valleycliffe

i guess FOR ME, it was the over the top trashing and assassination of Sharon. making her the scapegoat for others was and is just plain sickening...

hoping there is a turn-around for her character and it comes out she didn't do a blessed thing to summers pat. test.

#7   2013/12/25 09:38AM
    GA527

I would say the fact that Phyllis left the soap and the way she left. The death of Delia and last but not least the Summer DNA that Sharon changed. I want this to end and Summer is once again Nick's daughter. I want Nick to find out what Sharon did. I want her pay.

#8   2013/12/25 09:55AM
    Soap Fan

It was the Rose/Gus storyline. So stupid and pointless. Terrible writing for Neil.

#9   2013/12/25 10:14AM
    StinkyCat

The
    1. Unnecessary killing of Delia and having Adam be the one that hit her
    2. Gus/Rose
    3. Changing paternity from Nick to Jack back to Nick
    4. Dylan, period
    5. The stupid music box
    6. Lauren whining all of the time and the whole Carmine affair, Fen, and Michael
    7. That reminds me of the whole Fen/Summer bullying s/l that ended up nowhere
    I could continue...

#10   2013/12/25 11:00AM
    BaileyBaby

Lauren ... Michael ....Fen & THE MURDER. I don't like the Fen character at all & I think this whole affair was stupid. I really wish this soap would be like to old ones where there was at least one couple who were consistently solid. Probably not likely .... How long before ole' Victor starts cattin' around ??!!

1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list