List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Who do you think is the love of Adam's life?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who do you think is the love of Adam's life?

Started by heartylady at 2013/12/22 08:27AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/25 11:35AM, Views: 2312, Replies: 62
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #51   2013/12/23 07:12PM
    Re: Who do you think is the love of Adam's life?
    TwoOfEach

As an ardent Chadam fan, I can admit that Connor was the only person that Adam was willing to give up Victor/NE for. Connor is the love of Adam's life b/c he is the only person that mattered more than that company.

Yes Adam made promises to Sharon that he'd give everything up, but when push came to shove this summer Adam chose Newman. Same with Chelsea. Adam couldn't walk away for her either. But he did it for Connor with no regrets. Adam lost NE b/c he wasn't paying attention b/c his son needed him; he's shown no real interest in getting the company back. Giving his son a happy life with a real family is more important to him than anything else.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/23 07:21PM
    #52   2013/12/23 07:12PM
    calliope

Adam loved them both. The only time I really saw anything in Sharon was when she was with Adam. They did remarkable things for each other at the time, they both changed into more likable people. When that ended he felt tremendous guilt about Sharon and that is why she was allowed to interfere in his marriage to Chelsea. Chelsea and Adam seem natural. They have some chemistry but they just seem to flow together so well. They know each other so well, cons and all. I think Chelsea is the best fit but love of his life? Not sure it's either one.

#53   2013/12/23 07:28PM
    Ericafan

Rafe!

#54   2013/12/23 07:34PM
    Embrace

Quote heartylady:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote Layngel:
    Quote Embrace:
    Quote laurie6: IMO, It depend on the story they are writing at the time. The love of anyone's life on this show changes with each story line. At first it was Sharon and now it seems like Adam forgot all about her and for a while now he only cares about Chelsea and she is the love of his life at this time.

And this is what the writers would like us to do - change our feelings as they keep changing their storylines. They want us to believe something else other than what we have witnessed on our very screens. If I may speak for Shadam fans, we saw the greatest love story ever told on any soap. We saw a character that fought all odds for his one true love. He pursued her; he never gave up on her; and swept her off her feet. He was there when she had no one. He showed her how to fight and be strong when Nick tore her down and treated her like a child. She fell passionately in love with this man. And he told her, "THERE IS NO ONE ELSE, ONLY YOU AND ME." She was there for him just the same. There was a time it was them two against the world. She helped him become a better person - the Adam we see today. Chelsea didn't do that.She simply reaped the benefits. When things were over with Chelsea, he never pursued her the way he did Sharon. He is not madly in love with Chelsea. They may make sense because of Connor (a baby named after another man). But why wouldn't they. It may be easier more convienient for him to accept what is in his house. But it was so much more passionate and charismatic with Sharon. I don't even know how it can be questioned who Adam's true love really is.

I think Adam and Sharon had incredible chemistry, and this is coming from someone who is a Chadam fan. I like Chelsea and Adam as I see them as kindred spirits. But I also think he had a special spark with Sharon. The thing is..if Adam is not killed off..if he is recast..we will probably see Shadam and Chadam revisited many times. It's a soap and couples very rarely last too long. He will probably have another _____dam in the future as well...making both fan bases mad.

Adam and Sharon HAD amazing chemistry and this is coming from a total sharon hater.. but they lost something along the way and they lost that special thang they had.. when shadam first got together I couldn't help but like them and I hated Sharon.. but somewhere they lost that feeling..

I liked how Adam could be himself with Chelsea.. with Sharon he had to be on his best behaviour all of the time and that is why they didn't work..

Chelsea and Adam were great until Adam let Sharon come between him and Chelsea .. that is when they lost me as their fan.. hated that Adam did the same thing to protect Sharon..

He had to be on his best behaviour with Chelsea as well, so I do not believe he was able to be himself with Chels. Chelsea expects him to not have Victor or Newman in his life as well. Also he did not let Sharon come in between them, he wanted Sharon. I believe that if Chelsea was not pregnant or had not just had a miscarriage, I believe he would have left her earlier or he would not have felt that guilty about leaving her.

I so agree with this!

#55   2013/12/23 07:39PM
    bukopandan

Good question. Rarely can I say that two romances have equally been done so well and been convincing. I think Sharon and Chelsea are part of Adam's evolution. I never was convinced by his mistreatment of Sharon--that just seemed like suddenly bad and unfortunate writing--and I think he loved Sharon with all his heart (whatever heart he had then--he's matured over time) at one time, and now loves Chelsea that way. I think that even without Connor he'd feel deep love for her, something instinctive. Chels' role wasn't ever as a believer and savior in quite the same way Sharon's was. He was freer to love for love's sake with Chels. So I don't see Connor as the reason for the love, but he does further enrichen that love. I was really rooting for Chadam and I hate to see how things will end when MM leaves.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/23 07:45PM
    #56   2013/12/23 07:39PM
    Embrace

Quote TwoOfEach:
    Quote heartylady:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote Layngel:
    Quote Embrace:
    Quote laurie6: IMO, It depend on the story they are writing at the time. The love of anyone's life on this show changes with each story line. At first it was Sharon and now it seems like Adam forgot all about her and for a while now he only cares about Chelsea and she is the love of his life at this time.

And this is what the writers would like us to do - change our feelings as they keep changing their storylines. They want us to believe something else other than what we have witnessed on our very screens. If I may speak for Shadam fans, we saw the greatest love story ever told on any soap. We saw a character that fought all odds for his one true love. He pursued her; he never gave up on her; and swept her off her feet. He was there when she had no one. He showed her how to fight and be strong when Nick tore her down and treated her like a child. She fell passionately in love with this man. And he told her, "THERE IS NO ONE ELSE, ONLY YOU AND ME." She was there for him just the same. There was a time it was them two against the world. She helped him become a better person - the Adam we see today. Chelsea didn't do that.She simply reaped the benefits. When things were over with Chelsea, he never pursued her the way he did Sharon. He is not madly in love with Chelsea. They may make sense because of Connor (a baby named after another man). But why wouldn't they. It may be easier more convienient for him to accept what is in his house. But it was so much more passionate and charismatic with Sharon. I don't even know how it can be questioned who Adam's true love really is.

I think Adam and Sharon had incredible chemistry, and this is coming from someone who is a Chadam fan. I like Chelsea and Adam as I see them as kindred spirits. But I also think he had a special spark with Sharon. The thing is..if Adam is not killed off..if he is recast..we will probably see Shadam and Chadam revisited many times. It's a soap and couples very rarely last too long. He will probably have another _____dam in the future as well...making both fan bases mad.

Adam and Sharon HAD amazing chemistry and this is coming from a total sharon hater.. but they lost something along the way and they lost that special thang they had.. when shadam first got together I couldn't help but like them and I hated Sharon.. but somewhere they lost that feeling..

I liked how Adam could be himself with Chelsea.. with Sharon he had to be on his best behaviour all of the time and that is why they didn't work..

Chelsea and Adam were great until Adam let Sharon come between him and Chelsea .. that is when they lost me as their fan.. hated that Adam did the same thing to protect Sharon..

He had to be on his best behaviour with Chelsea as well, so I do not believe he was able to be himself with Chels. Chelsea expects him to not have Victor or Newman in his life as well. Also he did not let Sharon come in between them, he wanted Sharon. I believe that if Chelsea was not pregnant or had not just had a miscarriage, I believe he would have left her earlier or he would not have felt that guilty about leaving her.

Except Adam never left Chelsea. She was the one who asked for the divorce both times.

He may not have left her in the physical sense first, but he admitted that his whole heart was not with her. He told Sharon that Chelsea knew she did not have his whole heart. Sharon tried to talk him into fighting for his marriage.

#57   2013/12/23 07:42PM
    Embrace

Quote KITTYKAT01: Sharon is the love of Adam's life.

Agreed!

#58   2013/12/24 06:13PM
    lilie

Quote Ericafan: Rafe!

really??

#59   2013/12/24 06:52PM
    lilie

Quote bukopandan: Good question. Rarely can I say that two romances have equally been done so well and been convincing. I think Sharon and Chelsea are part of Adam's evolution. I never was convinced by his mistreatment of Sharon--that just seemed like suddenly bad and unfortunate writing--and I think he loved Sharon with all his heart (whatever heart he had then--he's matured over time) at one time, and now loves Chelsea that way. I think that even without Connor he'd feel deep love for her, something instinctive. Chels' role wasn't ever as a believer and savior in quite the same way Sharon's was. He was freer to love for love's sake with Chels. So I don't see Connor as the reason for the love, but he does further enrichen that love. I was really rooting for Chadam and I hate to see how things will end when MM leaves.

Well while I do see your point of view, I don't believe Chelsea is/was ever the LOVE of Adam's life.

How could she have been? She NEVER understood or LOVE him the way that he needed it to be love..

For one thing, she was always JUDGING him, giving him altimatums.

But never mind to what I've mentioned above, in hindsight, her LOVING him came with a price.

He had to change who he is /was inside and out, turning his back away from everyone and everything that matters to him just to be ISOLATED with him...

That's NOT love, that's "DEPENDENCY" in its purest form and it was rather very sad... .

To LOVE someone does NOT mean they have to pay attention to you every waking moment and meets all your demands...

Please don't misunderstand, I KNOW that Adam LOVED her, I'm just NOT sure that the character understood what it meant to be love..

In my humble opinion, she NEVER understood what "TRUE" love is b/c she did NOT have any good examples set for her when she was growing up.

I mean it's like being marry to someone and they NOT allowed to think for themselves b/c you doing all the "thinking" for them...

And the fact that she's very INSECURE does not help her case either...

Adam is a VERY complex character who needed to love for the good, the bad and the ugly.

But Chelsea only loved him when he did as she commands and you could clearly see that Adam often looked stress and agitated..

T o put it in simple terms, she was a "control" freek

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/24 07:00PM
    #60   2013/12/24 07:44PM
    ecantor

Quote heartylady: As we all know by now that MM has been let go from Y&R. He has had two popular pairings.

When Michael Fairman interviewed him earlier in the year he asked MM who was the love of Adam's life and Fairman stated he himself is not sure. For myself in the beginning of the year I was thinking he was just feeling guilty over letting down Chelsea but loved Sharon. Although MM no longer played it like before, the way he would look at Sharon before was no longer there.

Victor.

After the way they ended Shadam, as always there is an agenda, last year the agenda which became clearer later was having Sharon in the Shictor storyline and according to MM, MAB wanted Sharon in a triangle with Nikki/Sharon and Victor. This time around the agenda which also became clearer later was to have Sharon in the paternity storyline and now with the way they abruptly fired MM, there were two agendas this time around to ending Shadam. Like MAB, the writers saddled him in Chelsea's orbit and backburner him like last year. To me Adam just wanted the easy family life with Chelsea and his son rather than a life with Chelsea.

So for this Adam (not sure if there will be a recast) who is the love of Adam's life Chelsea, Sharon Or Himself? Do you think the writers have made it clear to you that Chelsea is the love of Adam's life? OR does Adam just loves to be loved and have someone there for him regardless of what he does, he just wants an easy family life, never mind he creates most of the problems in his life, in another words loves himself the most.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list