List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Muhney being fired was "pre meditated"!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Muhney being fired was "pre meditated"!!!!

Started by STARTED at 2013/12/20 11:12AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/24 07:46AM, Views: 9966, Replies: 60
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #41   2013/12/24 12:50AM
    Re: Muhney being fired was
    cards1

Quote Sinny:
    Quote STARTED:
    Quote Yale Steam: All of these threads constantly addressing this situation and a petition will not change one thing. Michael Muhney is gone!

We don't know what happened and whatever happened, it has nothing to with Steve Burton or his Dylan.

Thank you for stating the obvious that muhney's gone? Smh! I'm glad he's gone from that toxic show, the actors clearly don't like him.

Why do you think they don't like him?

Sinny I don't know why they don't like him, but I am beginning not to like him, (and I did before) due to all the bashing all the rest of the cast is getting because he got himself fired.

#42   2013/12/24 01:34AM
    lynj

I think he committed some kind of indiscretion, and it wasn't sexual harassment. If that were true, Sharon Case and MCE his two main female coworkers would not be mentioning MM all, and MTS appeared to debunk it, though she was adamant that he deserved to be fired.

Lately he's been hanging out with Nelson Branco a lot - Nelson Branco hates Eric Braeden and has long been calling for Adam to supersede Victor. Maybe Branco got to him? After he gets fired, soon after he is talking to Branco. And EB says this on Twitter:

Eric Braeden ‏@EBraeden 19 Dec
    Unfortumately there is a Canadian soap gossip who is spreading TOTALLY unfounded, vicious crap fed to him by a certain actor!

You can make your own guess who he is talking about.

Anyway, it is speculation. Maybe he was saying things to outsiders he shouldn't have been. If so then he shot himself in the foot. Most actors at Y&R just keep their heads down, try to avoid the drama and strife. They do fine, even though they may not always like their story lines. Sharon Case has done it, KSJ, PB in the main, Daniel Goddard, etc. MM's opinion was he deserved better.

In a way I can understand - he's in his prime years as an actor, and he is talented, he worked hard at making Adam a great character. Maybe they should've suspended instead of firing him but I can imagine many at Y&R not wanting him back.

I loved Adam and think MM is a great actor, but he obviously caused some trouble behind the scenes to get himself fired which was extremely reckless. And it's caused a lot of pain and grief for the rest of the cast and crew who have to deal with the fallout.

This thread will get closed soon, but my thoughts/speculation and why.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/24 01:34AM
    #43   2013/12/24 01:42AM
    lynj

Another note - not long ago, Nelson Branco writes that his 'moles' at Y&R tell him that storylines will continue to be 'dark, dull and depressing' through January. Now who is giving him information about storylines? We don't know, answers about this may never be definite. But that is an offense for which someone can definitely be fired. There I will let it go.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/24 01:44AM
    #44   2013/12/24 01:59AM
    jtb1974

Quote lynj: Another note - not long ago, Nelson Branco writes that his 'moles' at Y&R tell him that storylines will continue to be 'dark, dull and depressing' through January. Now who is giving him information about storylines? We don't know, answers about this may never be definite. But that is an offense for which someone can definitely be fired. There I will let it go.

The fans have a right to know that stuff. Atleast someone is being honest with them unlike the show who is constantly feeding the fanbase a bunch of lies. They promised Sharon fans her character will be getting better and that was like 2 years ago.

#45   2013/12/24 02:53AM
    Sinny

Quote cards1:
    Quote Fairyflossy:
    Quote STARTED:
    Quote Yale Steam: All of these threads constantly addressing this situation and a petition will not change one thing. Michael Muhney is gone!

We don't know what happened and whatever happened, it has nothing to with Steve Burton or his Dylan.

Thank you for stating the obvious that muhney's gone? Smh! I'm glad he's gone from that toxic show, the actors clearly don't like him.

NO NEED TO BE RUDE. yale was just pointing out that MM is gone for good, and it has nothing to do with SB or Dylan. There was no jealousy at play here, except for the petty jealousy displayed by MM when he attacked EB on Twitter.

If you read the FULL article by MM, you will see that he says, "If I am to be a grown man, i have to own it."

This was not premeditated. Actors are 'let go.' They have fair warning. Other actors are fired, but stay on at least for a bit. MM was fired, and is being BOOTED OUT THE DOOR with indecent haste...something big went down, and he is being evasive.

But stop blaming everyone else for MM losing his job, he seems to have done that all by himself.

ICAM...and I am going to make one quick comment before this thread is closed like the dozens before it.

While I am NOT HAPPY about MM's firing, Michael Muhney is not Adam Newman and we as fans really don't know anything about this situation, personally I think he's a fine actor, but personally I don't know the man, what I do know is this.

Y&R is being hammered on their FB page all the rest of the cast and even the Bells are being blamed who no longer have anything to do with this soap. HK is being hammered and I personally haven't read a quote from her or heard a peep from her on this matter, and I don't think that's fair.

Y&R Fans
    Quote from Y&R FB page MTS...
    "Melody Thomas Scott On Muhney Exit: Scott responded to a fan, noting, "Not my place2reveal but the arrogance of some ppl who have NO knowledge of the situation is astonishing.THE SHOW IS NOT 2 BLAME. ANY actor would've been fired under these circumstances.Terrible loss 2 the show & it sickens me that this has happened."

MTS is being hammered for this a 34 year vet. SMH.

MM was let go from Veronica Mars, now Y&R uhmmmm pattern?
    IDK.

IDK who started that rumor about HK, and I don't know if it's true I sincerely hope not for her sake.

But I do think MM got himself fired not necessarily for sexual harassment as rumored but for something even HE ADMITS IT. He just don't say why. If he has been wronged, why his silence, he has nothing to lose, he's already been fired, he's never shied away from twitter before.

Then it's EB's fault, REALLY, it's a well known fact of the feud with EB and PB, but PB is still on the soap.

IDK, I think MTS is telling the truth something happened behind the scenes for Sony to make JFP fire him and take this big backlash. and I am not taking up for JFP, I don't like the direction she is taking with the soap. We may never know, if it's something bad on MM he's not going to want the soap to tell it, do you blame him? The rest of the cast can't tell or they would be fired to and probably in the middle of a law suit.

I don't think his firing was premeditated, or they wouldn't have signed him to a contract through 2015.

I hate what ever happened, big shoes to fill in 2014, with MS, BM now MM gone.

This is exactly how I am seeing it.. I cannot stand Phelps and the direction she is taking the show. i hate it.. but I also believe that MM did something that got his butt fired and if it is the reason that is out there then they had to fire him. Sexual harassment is nothing to joke about and it happens to too many of us.

#46   2013/12/24 02:59AM
    Sinny

Quote cards1:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote STARTED:

Why do you think they don't like him?

Sinny I don't know why they don't like him, but I am beginning not to like him, (and I did before) due to all the bashing all the rest of the cast is getting because he got himself fired.

I just know where there is smoke there is fire.. and if all his castmates don't like him there is a reason..I also don't like how all the other actors but SC are being bashed. And personally I think her video to him was inappropriate.

#47   2013/12/24 03:00AM
    lynj

I totally agree re sexual harassment Sinny, but there are many things that can get you fired these days. Including leaking soap stories in advance. I have read a rumor that's what got MM fired from Veronica Mars though it was never confirmed. He may have been badmouthing the show or certain people to others. His big mouth/ego is his weakness. Though I still like him lol.

It's real sad it's got this nasty and bad for everyone else on the show. If they have serious internal problems they need to fix them or it will continue to undermine the show, more people will leave, etc.

We may never really know, but there are a couple things could have happened.

#48   2013/12/24 03:01AM
    Sinny

Quote lynj: Another note - not long ago, Nelson Branco writes that his 'moles' at Y&R tell him that storylines will continue to be 'dark, dull and depressing' through January. Now who is giving him information about storylines? We don't know, answers about this may never be definite. But that is an offense for which someone can definitely be fired. There I will let it go.

If his source dries up next month we know who the mole was.

#49   2013/12/24 03:03AM
    lynj

Quote Sinny:

If his source dries up next month we know who the mole was.

Ha I think he is trying now to suck up to a few others to get more inside info, I hope they don't fall for it.

#50   2013/12/24 03:31AM
    Sinny

Quote lynj: I totally agree re sexual harassment Sinny, but there are many things that can get you fired these days. Including leaking soap stories in advance. I have read a rumor that's what got MM fired from Veronica Mars though it was never confirmed. He may have been badmouthing the show or certain people to others. His big mouth/ego is his weakness. Though I still like him lol.

It's real sad it's got this nasty and bad for everyone else on the show. If they have serious internal problems they need to fix them or it will continue to undermine the show, more people will leave, etc.

We may never really know, but there are a couple things could have happened.

We may never know I totally agree and I think that would be worse for the actor. If he did not do this I personally think he should say so. Otherwise many people will believe the worst. I know I would deny it if it was me.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list