List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why I'm Leaving Billy Miller

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why I'm Leaving Billy Miller

Started by sweetangel. at 2013/12/20 10:12AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/25 06:38PM, Views: 6014, Replies: 28
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/12/21 04:38AM
    Re: Why I'm Leaving Billy Miller
    Savoy

Billy Miller chose to leave, he wanted out options for other projects. When it wasn't given he opted not to renew his contract, it's no big deal, it was his choice.

#12   2013/12/21 04:41AM
    Sinny

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote ajsp35801: Okay...he was offered a lot of money to stay but he chose not to do so.

Shame on them for not giving him the outs.. the way they tape it should have been easy,.

Want to bet, we see others in prime time guest spots that are still on the show, if they get the opportunity. There are others that I have no doubt they would have worked with about doing other projects.

I think as all the contracts come up that most (MOST) won't be allowed to do anything else.

#13   2013/12/21 04:45AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote ajsp35801: Okay...he was offered a lot of money to stay but he chose not to do so.

Shame on them for not giving him the outs.. the way they tape it should have been easy,.

Want to bet, we see others in prime time guest spots that are still on the show, if they get the opportunity. There are others that I have no doubt they would have worked with about doing other projects.

I think as all the contracts come up that most (MOST) won't be allowed to do anything else.

LOL at MOST! Yep, they'll be those exceptions!!

#14   2013/12/21 06:42AM
    Lizzytish

So like I've said all along --- there's no reason to feel sorry for BM, nor to blame JFP or anyone else for his departure. Hey, we'd all like to have more benefits at our jobs -- I'm glad they stopped giving those "outs" to the actors. It always ends up screwing up the SLs to accommodate their absence.

#15   2013/12/21 06:45AM
    Homesick Cajun

My problem with recast parts, is that if it was such an outstanding idea, why is this the only genre that it's done?

#16   2013/12/21 06:58AM
    gardengal

It seems to me an actor working on outside projects can be good publicity for the soap genre. I can see the troubles a cable movie might create. But would it be so hard to work around a web series or a guest spot on TV show?

#17   2013/12/21 07:06AM
    Sunnyflower

Quote gardengal: It seems to me an actor working on outside projects can be good publicity for the soap genre. I can see the troubles a cable movie might create. But would it be so hard to work around a web series or a guest spot on TV show?

ICAM. It is totally good for the show for the actors to appear elsewhere.

What a crappy place Y&R is to work now.

#18   2013/12/21 07:07AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote gardengal: It seems to me an actor working on outside projects can be good publicity for the soap genre. I can see the troubles a cable movie might create. But would it be so hard to work around a web series or a guest spot on TV show?

ICAM. It is totally good for the show for the actors to appear elsewhere.

What a crappy place Y&R is to work now.

Sony also owns DOOL. Seen Alison Sweeney anywhere other than Days?

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/21 07:09AM
    #19   2013/12/21 07:13AM
    Supercouplev...

One person that comes to mind for me, is Allison Sweeney, she does both primetime, and Days, and has for years, and she works under Sony.

I will also say, I didn't notice him missing when he was doing Ringer, so, what changed. He was done wrong, he wanted to stay, he just wants to act outside the studio once in a while, what is wrong with that????

#20   2013/12/21 07:17AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Supercouplevilly: One person that comes to mind for me, is Allison Sweeney, she does both primetime, and Days, and has for years, and she works under Sony.

I will also say, I didn't notice him missing when he was doing Ringer, so, what changed. He was done wrong, he wanted to stay, he just wants to act outside the studio once in a while, what is wrong with that????

Nothing in the world wrong with that! I mentioned Allison in my post as well. I'll never believe that the negotiations were made in good faith. I think his leaving was a forgone conclusion, just as the others that have left under this regime.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list