List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Adam fired!!! I am done!!!! He was the best

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Adam fired!!! I am done!!!! He was the best

Started by Zeppfan at 2013/12/19 04:48PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/25 07:25AM, Views: 2419, Replies: 17
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/12/22 11:05AM
    Re: Adam fired!!! I am done!!!! He was the best
    biggalow jones

Quote Ericafan: B. Jones: that's my point, no one here does.

OK i stand corrected. no hard feelings? lol

#12   2013/12/22 11:27AM
    Ericafan

Same here

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/22 11:30AM
    #13   2013/12/22 11:30AM
    aceedacee

Clearly, the show knows what it's doing.

There is a faulty--and naive--assumption by many fans who without question believe Sony will do what is best for Y&R and its future. That in no way shape or form has to be true. When Sony hired JFP, it knew what it was doing. JFP has a long history of dismantling soaps by eliminating the most popular actors in a soap. This has proven to be the starting point of soap cancellations for a long time now and nobody is better than at it than JFP.

So when MM was fired, Sony and JFP clearly knew he was the best. The ratings will likely decline, if not immediately then soon after.

And clearly, the people at Sony are no dummies. No one would hire JFP and her history of failed soaps--unless those are the results a company is after.

I am done also, by the way.

#14   2013/12/22 11:33AM
    Yale Steam

Quote Zeppfan: If Adam is truly fired, I am done and will stick with Bold and Beautiful and GH

Adam is a soap opera character. They cannot fire him because he doesn't exit.

Micheal Muhney was fired!

#15   2013/12/22 12:01PM
    Coastal1

Quote aceedacee: Clearly, the show knows what it's doing.

There is a faulty--and naive--assumption by many fans who without question believe Sony will do what is best for Y&R and its future. That in no way shape or form has to be true. When Sony hired JFP, it knew what it was doing. JFP has a long history of dismantling soaps by eliminating the most popular actors in a soap. This has proven to be the starting point of soap cancellations for a long time now and nobody is better than at it than JFP.

So when MM was fired, Sony and JFP clearly knew he was the best. The ratings will likely decline, if not immediately then soon after.

And clearly, the people at Sony are no dummies. No one would hire JFP and her history of failed soaps--unless those are the results a company is after.

I am done also, by the way.

Finally. Someone who gets it.

As for viewers leaving, its a cumulative effect for most of us. The dismantling of CBS soaps. It's not very complicated. Simple math.

#16   2013/12/22 01:01PM
    hopey pix

I think Adam(MM)both got to sulky!!I wish he had listened more and stayed off Twitter!!But,it's a free country,and I could see he was miserable in the part already!!Good luck to you MM!!Maybe you could come back in the future as a new character!!Some people have dual roles,like TSJ and RH did with Victor in OLTL!!AND Michael Easton has had 3 parts in GH already!!

#17   2013/12/22 02:23PM
    cshell162

Clearly from the posts on this sites and others, the majority of Y&R Fans are sick of this crap of eliminating talented seasoned actors to hire younger actors and focus on them. Daytime Soaps are not the genre for the young viewer. I have watched Y&R for a long time. I have my favorite characters and my favorite hated characters. This is what makes a soap have a legion of dedicated viewers. MS and MM leaving are huge deals to me. They were both Very Talented actors. A true test of an actor is the ability of them to engage the viewer to either LOVE or Hate them. MM has played the role of Adam better than anyone in the past I'ved loved and hated this character. He is a fighter and MM has played this role impeccibly. This is a Monumental loss to Y&R. I have to admit that I have skimmed the episodes that I faithfully DVR every single day. I read the update and am so dissapointed in the current state of the show that I really dont care to watch. Just really saddened to see another Talented person leave this show for whatever reason it was. I could 10 other characters I couldnt give a nickle for instead of the ones that have disappeared from the show.

#18   2013/12/25 07:25AM
    ecantor

I agree. MM is a very hard act to follow.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list