List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Major Spoiler: THE CAUSE OF CLEAR SPRINGS FIASCO!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Major Spoiler: THE CAUSE OF CLEAR SPRINGS FIASCO!!!

Started by valencia4love at 2007/11/01 06:23AM
    Latest post: 2007/11/02 07:17AM, Views: 2773, Replies: 39
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2007/11/01 01:36PM
    Re: Major Spoiler: THE CAUSE OF CLEAR SPRINGS FIASCO!!!
    xx_Jenn_xx

hmmmm...and u guyz think back for a minute.....

who was originally suppose to be on the Newman Jet that day????.....IF im not mistaken, wasnt it suppose to be Victor & Jack????.....................

#32   2007/11/01 02:21PM
    granny45

Quote Evsmom: I have to wonder...If the building had been built with the proper concrete, would it have been able to withstand any distress from drilling?

Exactly what I thought when I read the spoiler.

#33   2007/11/01 02:38PM
    Puss

Quote JanND:
    Quote KeepingItReal:
    Quote valencia4love: It will be revealed that the collapse was due to natural gas drilling. What noboby knew was that - Victor was not only the owner of the drilling operation, but was the who gave Neil the go ahead to drill !! A report was done and it will show without a doubt that the drilling was indeed the reason for the explosion !! Needless to say everybody will be stunned , especially with after the way Victor has been going around town and pointing fingers and blame !! Nikki, Jack, Michael, Katherine, JT and the rest of clan will all have words for the GREAT Victor indeed !!

Hey V I've been saying this all along that he is responsible.

I guess it's gonna come back and bite him where it hurts.

LMAO - All those years working in Property Management and construction.....

But hey it's a Soap so I really was keeping an open mind to see how they would play this out.

Me too. Ususally the one pointing the finger the most is the one who ends up responsible.

I agree but wasn't sure they would bring Victor down like this - hmm great wow factor and am very impressed with the writers if this actually plays out this way. Victor Newman wrong - oh no

#34   2007/11/01 03:36PM
    mdtuttle

Quote valencia4love: It will be revealed that the collapse was due to natural gas drilling. What noboby knew was that - Victor was not only the owner of the drilling operation, but was the who gave Neil the go ahead to drill !! A report was done and it will show without a doubt that the drilling was indeed the reason for the explosion !! Needless to say everybody will be stunned , especially with after the way Victor has been going around town and pointing fingers and blame !! Nikki, Jack, Michael, Katherine, JT and the rest of clan will all have words for the GREAT Victor indeed !!

I'm curious, was the gas also the cause of the cracks in the concrete? There is no question that there were cracks in new concreate. I can believe that after the collapse the fact that drilling was going on caused the explosion. If there was methane leaks there were plenty of sparks, but the cracked concrete had to be what caused the place to collapse in the first place. My question is what caused the collapse in the first place?

#35   2007/11/01 06:13PM
    tinny

Wow,I had an idea all along that it was Victor. All I have to say is everyone thinks Jack is the evil one. Is everyone in for a rude awakening when all of GC finds out who really is the evil one. My man Jack is off the hook

#36   2007/11/02 12:32AM
    olderthandirt

If you want my very long winded version of this then look on like page 9 or 10 for a post called: "Victor's Revenge." In relation to this post here is the most signifant part:

The whole time under the CS construction Victor was mining the Methane, even though he agreed to cover the costs and do the removal of the Methane and other minerals. It was at a big meeting that Neil and Victor informed all involved that the methane was taken care of and construction could resume. However a couple weeks ago Victor told Neil the Methane was bigger than thought, and to keep that fact and the drilling a secret. Victor made it clear especially in private to Neil that CS would fail. Victor believed that he had insured the failure of the project as a whole so the mining was okay.

My own Dad, retired from a 50 year career in commercial construction and is a fan of the show. He told me when JT was looking at the cracks: that when the Concrete was poured if the methane gas was heavy enough to seep into the wet concrete it could interfere with the concrete's process of hardening. He says such interference might not be evident, until the building collapses because the concrete isn't as hard as it should be, even though it could be hard enough to pass a stress test. He tells me that concrete breaks down and dissipates over time, under pressure, under weight and most surely as a reaction to years of exposure to chemicals like salt, or even car exhaust. So it could be that the methane is responsible for the weakened structure. My Dad also tells me that with Concrete there are different grades of strength and so forth. My dad says that a :#1 might be the lowest grade that would pass inspection and still hold the structure while like a #6 could be the strongest or highest quality. There was a big deal made about the Chancellor reputation for safety and highest quality material. So even if the watered down Concrete passed the stress tests, it still would not fall apart so easily without help. My money is on the methane.

#37   2007/11/02 05:17AM
    CindiAnn

Quote joyful1: Yes i believe David Chow plays a part in this and he plays a part in the plane crash that Nick was in.

Now that I look back at it - Chow (Bark-Bark) probably is trying to get Nikki's money - He thought Victor was going to be on the plane that Nick ultimately got onto - didn't kill him then - He was having a lot of conversations with poor ol' Joe who bit the big one! He's a leech - will suck the blood/money out of Nikki if not stopped

#38   2007/11/02 07:12AM
    Touched

Doesn't stun me! I knew that report would come back to slap Victor in the a$$! About time, too!

#39   2007/11/02 07:15AM
    Touched

Quote Evsmom: I have to wonder...If the building had been built with the proper concrete, would it have been able to withstand any distress from drilling?

I remember the report indicated there was a large area involved!

#40   2007/11/02 07:17AM
    KeepingItReal

Quote olderthandirt: If you want my very long winded version of this then look on like page 9 or 10 for a post called: "Victor's Revenge." In relation to this post here is the most signifant part:

The whole time under the CS construction Victor was mining the Methane, even though he agreed to cover the costs and do the removal of the Methane and other minerals. It was at a big meeting that Neil and Victor informed all involved that the methane was taken care of and construction could resume. However a couple weeks ago Victor told Neil the Methane was bigger than thought, and to keep that fact and the drilling a secret. Victor made it clear especially in private to Neil that CS would fail. Victor believed that he had insured the failure of the project as a whole so the mining was okay.

My own Dad, retired from a 50 year career in commercial construction and is a fan of the show. He told me when JT was looking at the cracks: that when the Concrete was poured if the methane gas was heavy enough to seep into the wet concrete it could interfere with the concrete's process of hardening. He says such interference might not be evident, until the building collapses because the concrete isn't as hard as it should be, even though it could be hard enough to pass a stress test. He tells me that concrete breaks down and dissipates over time, under pressure, under weight and most surely as a reaction to years of exposure to chemicals like salt, or even car exhaust. So it could be that the methane is responsible for the weakened structure. My Dad also tells me that with Concrete there are different grades of strength and so forth. My dad says that a :#1 might be the lowest grade that would pass inspection and still hold the structure while like a #6 could be the strongest or highest quality. There was a big deal made about the Chancellor reputation for safety and highest quality material. So even if the watered down Concrete passed the stress tests, it still would not fall apart so easily without help. My money is on the methane.

Yep that what I've been saying.

Love my job (Property Management/Construction Management)!!

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list