List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Christmas Plans???

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Christmas Plans???

Started by PurrrrrrrKitty at 2013/12/19 12:32PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/20 12:08PM, Views: 806, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/12/19 12:32PM
    Christmas Plans???
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Would anyone like to share their Christmas Plans??

I will go first.

Since3 I lost my beloved husband of 40 years 5 months ago,
    I will spend it with my son and his family in Calif.. who lives clear across the country from me. I do not have family here, only in Calif. I will spend 2 weeks with them.

I decorated outside and inside.. so I would not be so sad.. and my husband loved, loved that I decorated.., so I did it
    for both of us.

My grandaughters are grown and a teen.... so Santa no longer comes. MY teen wants money ONLY..lol.. so that is
    easy to pack.

While there, I will look around and decide if I want to live there later.

Merry Christmas....Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

P.S. My DVR is set to record Y*R as it has been for years.. so I will catch up when I return. My family does not watch soaps.. they think they are beyond stupid.. lol

#2   2013/12/19 01:09PM
    Re: Christmas Plans???
    trinilisa

I am so sorry to hear about your husband! I remember the first Christmas after Mike died; I did my best to keep busy and it actually turned out pretty good. I just made sure I was with family.
    This Christmas, I am spending Christmas Eve with my brother and his family and my parents and sisters are coming over on Christmas day. I plan on eating lots and having lots of drinks! All the best to you and I am only a click away...

#3   2013/12/19 01:11PM
    trinilisa

My family loves Y&R! lol

#4   2013/12/19 01:40PM
    KeepingItReal

My deepest condolences Purrrkitty.

Edited...too much info

We will be celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ our saviour.

Love
    Peace
    Joy

Merry Christmas

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/19 01:45PM
    #5   2013/12/19 01:42PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Quote trinilisa: I am so sorry to hear about your husband! I remember the first Christmas after Mike died; I did my best to keep busy and it actually turned out pretty good. I just made sure I was with family.
    This Christmas, I am spending Christmas Eve with my brother and his family and my parents and sisters are coming over on Christmas day. I plan on eating lots and having lots of drinks! All the best to you and I am only a click away...

Thanks trin for reponding and sharing..

Surely, we are not the ONLY two to have plans.. lol.

Not asking for your address.. .lol..

#6   2013/12/19 01:59PM
    1Elvis

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: Would anyone like to share their Christmas Plans??

I will go first.

I will spend it with my son and his family in Calif.. who lives clear across the country from me. I do not have family here, only in Calif. I will spend 2 weeks with them.

I decorated outside and inside.. so I would not be so sad.. and my husband loved, loved that I decorated.., so I did it
    for both of us.

My grandaughters are grown and a teen.... so Santa no longer comes. MY teen wants money ONLY..lol.. so that is
    easy to pack.

P.S. My DVR is set to record Y*R as it has been for years.. so I will catch up when I return. My family does not watch soaps.. they think they are beyond stupid.. lol

Sorry to hear about your husband.. I am flying to Mississippi for seven days. I am thinking about buying a home there and I am going to go and check it out. Happy holidays PK.

#7   2013/12/19 03:20PM
    Sylviastel

Sorry to hear about your husband!
    I am just recovering from a sinus infection since last Saturday!
    I will be taking it easy!

#8   2013/12/19 03:31PM
    Sunnyflower

So sorry to hear about your husband Purrrkitty. Good for you for decorating anyway and keeping busy. I am sure it must be very hard.

I am taking a nice vacation from work and my brother, SIL and nephew are coming to visit us tomorrow. My nephew claims he still believes in Santa but I suspect he doesn't anymore, which makes me so sad.

I also have a wedding anniversary and a birthday to look forward to.

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and that you enjoy California.

#9   2013/12/19 04:31PM
    habbyfan

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: Would anyone like to share their Christmas Plans??

I will go first.

for both of us.

easy to pack.

Hi Purrrrrr .... I am a widow too, I had young children so I
    had to keep up with all the Christmas festivities but it probably saved my life ...

It used to take three days to decorate the tree ... I would stand it up and put lights on it ... the next night I would place decorations ... then on the third night I would put the finishing touches ... kids would help ... now I sit and watch ...

I now live with one of my daughters we still laugh about things from the past that have become so comical ...

I have a grandson who is the apple of my eye...

Granddaughter who now lives on her own but comes for dinner ...

The rest of my family is scattered from NYC to western Canada ... so we have to be content with telephone calls ...

I consider myself to be so very lucky ...

I will watch Y&R everyday and on days when I can't I will do just what you do and record ...

Merry Christmas Purrrkitty ...

#10   2013/12/19 08:54PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Thanks you guys for Posting and sharing.. sounds like we will all have a good Christmas or Holiday.

I posted a PPS, Christmas music and this.. just trying to get away from the MM ordeal.. but it didn't work.. lol..

I will go sit in my corner and watch the food fight..

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list