List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: DO FANS MATTER?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

DO FANS MATTER?

Started by loyalfan30362 at 2013/12/18 08:57PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/20 07:16AM, Views: 1528, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/12/19 09:17AM
    Re: DO FANS MATTER?
    MotoMoto24

Quote 1Elvis:
    Quote loyalfan30362: I have been a loyal fan for about 25 years and I have never been so frustrated. ..Adam, Dru, Phyllis, Brad?!?!? What are you thinking? Adam is a wonderful character. .Any other actor will NOT bring what Michael gives..the chemistry with chelsea is amazing..I promise you, I am going to find another show!!!!Before making drastic moves, What about taking a poll from the loyal few who have made this soap what it is today???

If he was fired then they are not going to cared what anyone thinks. The man was let go... He's out. It's time to move on. They come, they go, no big deal.

Let me start by saying that I am a die hard Sharon fan and judging from your avatar, I think you are also. What if it was SC that was fired, how will you feel? After seeing what they did to MM, no one is safe anymore. As a Sharon fan, I am very worried for her. Just look at the way they are writing her into a corner. I don't know about you but SC is SN, so for me no other actress will do for me,. The same way no other actor can replace MM as Adam. If SC was to get fired, I hope you can say,"they come, they go" as well. I can't but if you can, then more power to you.

#22   2013/12/19 09:51AM
    Laduree

Quote TIIC: You Adam/MM fans REALLY need to get a grip. For YEARS other posters have been saying how much they loathed Adam.

You lot were always in the minority...many more are applauding the decision.

You want to stop watching the show? Fine, stop watching, but nobody cares and you don't have the numbers to influence anyone.

Wow. Nasty much?

#23   2013/12/19 09:53AM
    Laduree

Quote Sportyster: Glad they finally heard this fan and got rid of Adam, more specifically, MM's Adam.

You think he got fired because they heard you?! Hubris much?

#24   2013/12/19 10:11AM
    Gigikins

Quote TIIC: You Adam/MM fans REALLY need to get a grip. For YEARS other posters have been saying how much they loathed Adam.

You want to stop watching the show? Fine, stop watching, but nobody cares and you don't have the numbers to influence anyone.

Actually, you are the minority here.

But you know that.

Troll.

#25   2013/12/19 12:17PM
    SuziDecorator

Quote Savoy: Fans matter, they just aren't in the business of catering to fans, their likes or dislikes. It's all about their profit margin, it's business for them in selling their product, which is the show.

You're so right about that. I saw the same thing happen at HGTV when they quit putting on decent design shows and are pretty much a real estate show. Everyone yelled and screamed but as long as they have people to watch, they honestly don't care. It's far cheaper to bring in unqualified designers (and I use the term designer very loosely) and film real estate shows than to have very good design professional host well done design shows. Same with Y&R - they are getting away with crap so that's what they are giving the viewers. ::::shrug::::: I quit watching HGTV a couple years ago - and don't watch Y&R either. Why spend my time watching something that is sub-standard.
    Bottom line, find something else to do with your time besides vegging in front of a t.v. screen. If enough leave they will either cancel the show or make some changes. It's all about the almighty dollar - yes, they "care" about the fans but just not what the fans want.

#26   2013/12/19 12:26PM
    WaveJumper

Obviously, not!

#27   2013/12/19 01:34PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

There are hundreds if not thousands who record this show and FF through commercials.. so they have already lost those viewers for a product.. but the Soaps are still on.. but it might be why the stats of viewers are lower.. I don't know if they count the recorded ones or not.

I read somehwere that 30 percent record soaps.

I don't take myself as a fan that seriously.. I can watch or not.. I am not being paid to be loyal.. it it fantasy entertainment.

Sorry, but I don't get upset when a character leaves.. it is part of that genre.. I watch a Soap for the "entire" soap.. I am not into certain characters, couples. etc.

To me, when you become that type of a viewer. you are asking to be disappointed.

#28   2013/12/19 01:35PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: There are hundreds if not thousands who record this show and FF through commercials.. so they have already lost those viewers for a product.. but the Soaps are still on.. but it might be why the stats of viewers are lower.. I don't know if they count the recorded ones or not.

I read somehwere that 30 percent record soaps.

I don't take myself as a fan that seriously.. I can watch or not.. I am not being paid to be loyal.. it it fantasy entertainment.

Sorry, but I don't get upset when a character leaves.. it is part of that genre.. I watch a Soap for the "entire" soap.. I am not into certain characters, couples. etc.

To me, when you become that type of a viewer. you are asking to be disappointed.

So very true and could be said for "life" in general.

#29   2013/12/19 01:56PM
    Sinny

Quote Laduree:

Wow. Nasty much?

NO kidding.. the gloating is off the charts about MM being fired.. it was the same when MS left.

#30   2013/12/19 05:16PM
    MichaelMuhne...

No. we do Not!

Nor do the actors of Y&R matter to me anymore. I stopped watching.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list