List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: DO FANS MATTER?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

DO FANS MATTER?

Started by loyalfan30362 at 2013/12/18 08:57PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/20 07:16AM, Views: 1431, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/12/19 05:26AM
    Re: DO FANS MATTER?
    Barbyboo

Quote bern916: Obviously TIIC and any other MM-haters ... you are unable to recognize his superior acting skills. He MAKES the character of Adam Newman. If we are upset about the firing, we have every right to express our displeasure - we don't have to "get a grip"!!

That was insulting, maybe making a comment like that is not nice..get a grip are we Adam lovers unstable?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/19 05:28AM
    #12   2013/12/19 05:32AM
    ACAN

So sorry about this decision-BIG MSTAKE! Michael/Adam really has added so very much to Y&R. He is a great actor and brings great entertainment in our homes. His character may be replaced but not him- We will really miss him.

#13   2013/12/19 05:49AM
    Sudsy Sue

Quote TIIC: You Adam/MM fans REALLY need to get a grip. For YEARS other posters have been saying how much they loathed Adam.

You lot were always in the minority...many more are applauding the decision.

You want to stop watching the show? Fine, stop watching, but nobody cares and you don't have the numbers to influence anyone.

I must not be reading the same boards as you because I find very few Adam haters at this time. In fact, I'm seeing more and more posters say they used to not like Adam but MM has changed that for them....most because they see other dimensions in him since his pairing with Chelsea. They like the new Adam!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/19 05:52AM
    #14   2013/12/19 06:37AM
    Arabella

Quote Savoy: Fans matter, they just aren't in the business of catering to fans, their likes or dislikes. It's all about their profit margin, it's business for them in selling their product, which is the show.

Speaking financially, fans matter very much! No fans, no advertising dollars...they need NUMBERS of VIEWERS/FANS to be watching those commercial breaks or NO ONE MAKES ANY MONEY!

Don't ever think for a second they don't know which side of the bread is buttered...they do! This new lot in charge, who are running this show into the ground, will soon find out there are consequences to their actions of pissing off the dedicated fans....as in advertising revenue lost; when their viewership goes down, which is most certainly will since they've lost three of the best attractions to this show in Billy, Phyllis and Adam.

I am a newer viewer and even I can see what a detriment this is and I'm no where near as invested as the long time viewers. So I have a different perspective and even Blind Freddie can see this is a disaster waiting to happen, for the show in general.

#15   2013/12/19 08:35AM
    sugarann

TIIC, it's obvious your are a ADAM HATER!!!!!!!!!!!! However, when your favorite actor is fired, don't BITOCH & MOAN all over this board!!!!!! YOUR post to the ADAM LOVERS was OBNOXIOUS & RUDE!!!!!! EMPTY WAGONS MAKE A LOT OF Noise!!!!!!!!!

#16   2013/12/19 08:42AM
    Sportyster

Glad they finally heard this fan and got rid of Adam, more specifically, MM's Adam.

#17   2013/12/19 08:47AM
    1Elvis

Quote loyalfan30362: I have been a loyal fan for about 25 years and I have never been so frustrated. ..Adam, Dru, Phyllis, Brad?!?!? What are you thinking? Adam is a wonderful character. .Any other actor will NOT bring what Michael gives..the chemistry with chelsea is amazing..I promise you, I am going to find another show!!!!Before making drastic moves, What about taking a poll from the loyal few who have made this soap what it is today???

If he was fired then they are not going to cared what anyone thinks. The man was let go... He's out. It's time to move on. They come, they go, no big deal.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/19 08:52AM
    #18   2013/12/19 08:50AM
    1Elvis

Quote Savoy: Fans matter, they just aren't in the business of catering to fans, their likes or dislikes. It's all about their profit margin, it's business for them in selling their product, which is the show.

ITA.

#19   2013/12/19 08:57AM
    sonny6

Quote TIIC: You Adam/MM fans REALLY need to get a grip. For YEARS other posters have been saying how much they loathed Adam.

You lot were always in the minority...many more are applauding the decision.

You want to stop watching the show? Fine, stop watching, but nobody cares and you don't have the numbers to influence anyone.

TIIC yesterday was a shock to alot of us Adam/MM fans. So please let us have the time to vent. Question for you? why are you so nasty about what others decide. We don't care if you don't care about us. and maybe we don't have the numbers to influence Y&R to keep MM, but as I can see over 5000 fans for MM/Adam has signed the petition (now that probably means nothing to you, but if 5thousand stops watching Y&R it will matter to someone. If you don't care about MM/Adam don't go on titles that are for him. Case close.

#20   2013/12/19 09:03AM
    Lady Strawberry

Fans definitely matter and enough fans coming together can make a difference.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list