List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Y&R Michael Muhney News Updated.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Y&R Michael Muhney News Updated.

Started by Candace_Soaps.com at 2013/12/18 10:14AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/20 10:14AM, Views: 15468, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #41   2013/12/19 08:19PM
    Re: Y&R Michael Muhney News Updated.
    Layngel

Quote calliope:
    Quote BarbCarey:
    Quote bukopandan:
    Quote Blue 501:
    Quote Jackie10: I am proud to be an MM fan and I will watch him where ever he goes. I was proud of him for admitting his big backpack of hubris. Made me smile. But I hope the jealous people didnt use this as some of their reasoning in firing him. As he is not the only one who has a pack full EBs is 100xs lager then MMs will ever be yet they let EB call the shots.

This will be a huge bite in the ares for Y&R.

No doubt in my mind. Michael Muhney is the best actor on Y&R & Billy Miller is great too. Bit by bit, they are closing down the Young & the Restless, whether they know it or not.

Yeah, yesterday there was an interesting post about the show possibly sabotaging itself for a reason. I have to wonder. Really, can the people in charge be this blind or not blind but willing to make such drastic decisions? There is still much left at YR that does make it YR, but the losses of late are pretty steep, and if there are more to come...who knows. At its end, GL changed a lot. It was imitating another show and went overboard that way in desperately trying to get ratings back, but it failed, and as it failed it became a show that was so hard for me to watch. I had to force myself to so that it'd not end with my not knowing what had become of everyone.

What you said about GL is exactly the way I felt. I am now 74 and started watching GL & ATWT when I was about 20 yrs old. I would go to lunch when one of them was on so I could keep up with both shows. It took so long on a s/l that I had no problem keeping up with the stories. They didn't have any way to tape shows then. I laugh when I read now how a lot of people think their shows take too long to finish and they get mad about it. When I first started watching soaps it could sometimes take over a year to finish a story line. Anyway, by the time GL tried to win its ratings back, like you I watched till the bitter end. I was loyal and wanted to know how it would end. I didn't FF but I was so bored. When GL ended I was ready for it to end. When ATWT ended that was different. When I found out it was going to end I really went into a depression. Like someone in my family died. I loved ATWT. I named one of my dogs "Molly" because I loved the actress on ATWT. I started watching Y&R after ATWT went off the air. I had seen it a few times. I loved Billy and Michael from the first time I saw them. I was really upset that they let Billy Miller go but when I read that they fired Michael Muhney I just got mad. Michael's Adam is so good. Even when Adam is bad I still like him. I am going to start watching GH when Michael and Billy leave. The Y&R are firing all the good actors/actress. There are still a few I like but very few. Personally I think the end is in sight for Y&R. That is why they hired the soap killer. So she could do the job. I think in 2 yrs Y&R will be gone.

I started watching GH a couple of months ago. It's pretty good, I am still getting acquainted with the large cast. It seems they hire actors on their acting abilities. Not looks. Refreshing.

I have watched GH for a while. It is a great show and has really gotten better this past year.

#42   2013/12/19 08:33PM
    Mstc

CBS has been reminding us that Y&R has been #1 for 25 years. All well and good but I agree with others that Y&R has been boring for the last year or so. I was not a big Adam fan but MM is an excellent actor. He is Adam. Same as Billy Miller is Billy Abbott. The new writers and JFP are killing Y&R.

#43   2013/12/19 09:13PM
    KITTYKAT01

Firing Nichael Muhney is just RIDICULOUS!!!! So what if he was outspoken?!!-IF that was the reason for firing him. What ever happened to Freedom of Speech in this country? OK- give Adam a 3-6 mo. break; But bring back MM!! HE IS ADAM NEWMAM! GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!! Write, tweet, email the PTB, LET THEM KNOW WE WANT MM TO BE ADAM NENMAN!!!

When MM goes. I am through with Y&R!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/19 09:16PM
    #44   2013/12/20 01:36AM
    Sinny

I just cannot get over how boring this show is now.. there is nothing going on .. nothing interesting at all. Shick part 78 for some reason just does not interest me.. lauren being stalked again just does not interest me.. lily and cane doing the same thing for the last 5 years does not interest me... everyone is so damn vanilla and getting rid of BM and MM the only 2 non vanilla characters left..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#45   2013/12/20 03:58AM
    Sinny

I have to admit that I am curious about what really went down. Cuz it is obvious that something happened.. for him to be fired like that.. I sure hope it is not the rumor swirling around.

#46   2013/12/20 04:13AM
    1Elvis

Quote Sinny: I just cannot get over how boring this show is now.. there is nothing going on .. nothing interesting at all. Shick part 78 for some reason just does not interest me.. lauren being stalked again just does not interest me.. lily and cane doing the same thing for the last 5 years does not interest me... everyone is so damn vanilla and getting rid of BM and MM the only 2 non vanilla characters left..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The show is not boring at all. And the show will go on.

#47   2013/12/20 05:12AM
    Hollie

Quote Sinny: I just cannot get over how boring this show is now.. there is nothing going on .. nothing interesting at all. Shick part 78 for some reason just does not interest me.. lauren being stalked again just does not interest me.. lily and cane doing the same thing for the last 5 years does not interest me... everyone is so damn vanilla and getting rid of BM and MM the only 2 non vanilla characters left..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Amen!!! Keep preaching!! I'm done jan 30.....

#48   2013/12/20 05:22AM
    Sinny

Quote Hollie:

I tune in less and less each week.

#49   2013/12/20 05:25AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Hollie:

I haven't watched one episode this week. They're on my DVR, but I have no real desire to watch. And, I don't think I've missed anything.

#50   2013/12/20 06:56AM
    Karl127

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote Hollie:

I haven't watched one episode this week. They're on my DVR, but I have no real desire to watch. And, I don't think I've missed anything.

I've watched about 15 minutes of a few episodes this week, one night it was 9:00 before I realized I hadn't watched that days episode. You haven't missed anything at all, it's so boring and unfortunately for me I have no interest in any of the storylines. MM being fired was the straw that broke the camels back for me. I don't think I can even hang on until January 30th. I have better things to do with my life then watch a show that I barely recognize after 30 years.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list