List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: AFTER 20 YRS+, DONE WITH Y&R!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

AFTER 20 YRS+, DONE WITH Y&R!!!!

Started by Embrace at 2013/12/17 08:08PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/19 08:58PM, Views: 1769, Replies: 38
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/12/19 06:41PM
    Re: AFTER 20 YRS+, DONE WITH Y&R!!!!
    Embrace

Quote Layngel:
    Quote Embrace: WORDS CAN NOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE MY ANGER WITH Y&R RIGHT NOW, AND FOREVER NOW! I HAVE WATCHED THIS SOAP FOR WELL OVER 20 YEARS (AND I AM ONLY 29, SO YES, I WATCHED AS A LITTLE GIRL WITH MY GRANDMA AND AUNTS); I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE OF DESTRUCTION OF CHARACTERS ON ANY SOAP, EVER! I HAVE WATCHED A LOT OF SOAPS: Y&R, B&B, AS THE WORLD TURNS, GUIDING LIGHT, DAYS OF OUR LIVES, AND PASSIONS. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME PERSONALLY KNOWS THAT I HAVE TO HAVE MY SOAPS, AND IN PARTICULAR, MY Y&R! I HAVE GIVEN UP ON A LOT OF SOAPS BUT NEVER THE #1 DAYTIME DRAMA! THEY OFTEN JOKE WITH ME ABOUT IT, BECAUSE I NEVER MISS AN EPISODE, EVER!
    WELL, THEY CAN HAVE IT NOW BECAUSE I AM OFFICIALLY DONE. I TRIED SO HARD TO HOLD ON AFTER MS LEFT! I WAS, AND STILL AM SO DISAPPOINTED ABOUT MS EXIT, BECAUSE THAT WAS Y&R'S TALENT AT ITS BEST! LOVE THE CHARACTER OR HATE THE CHARACTER, NO ONE COULD TAKE AWAY THE FACT THAT MS IS AN AMAZING ACTRESS! AND I KNOW SHE MADE THE DECISION TO LEAVE ON HER OWN, BUT I BELIEVE THAT SHE HAD OUTGROWN Y&R, BECAUSE OF THEIR STUPID, JUVENILE DECISIONS! THE SOAP IS BEING DESTROYED! THE VETS DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE CRAP THAT COMES THROUGH OUR TV SCREENS 5 DAYS A WEEK!
    THEN, THERE WAS NEWS OF BM LEAVING, SMH. I WAS LIKE, HERE WE GO AGAIN, THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING...BUT NEVER EVER DID I THINK MM WOULD BE NEXT!!!!!!!!
    I WILL GIVE Y&R MY LAST THREE DAYS WITH MM ON THE SCREEN, AND AFTER THAT I AM OFFICIALLY DONE! THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS SOAP! I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE!I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE ANY OLD WRITERS BACK RIGHT NOW, EVEN THE ONE THAT PEOPLE THOUGHT WAS THE WORST. AT LEAST SHE RECOGNIZED OUR VETS, AND GOOD TALENT, AND GAVE GOOD STORYLINES! THIS SOAP IS THE WORST IT HAS EVER BEEN!!!! IT WILL NOT LAST LONG ANYMORE, CERTAINLY NOT AS #1!

I hear ya. I am 36 and have watched soaps since I was in high school. I watched Days first when Marlena got possessed. Then I watched Another World since it was on after it.

I then proceeded to slowly adopt all the others..GH, AMC, OLTL, GL, ATWT, Passions, B&B and Y&R..heck even Port Charles. I too would watch with my grandma. She was a huge AMC fan.

I am capable of being done with a soap. When Days killed off my fav Jack Deveroux...again..I was out. I had had it, and I never watched again..(even though I still love EJ).

I am just about there with Y&R. I was mad enough with BM, and this just made it worse. I can already tell where the stories will go. It will inevitably will all be about Dylan. The same happened with GH and Jason. Jason was all over the screen all the time. Jason bit the big one over there and it has been great since he left.

The storylines have not captured my attention for quite some time now. This is the most boring year of Y&R ever for me!

#22   2013/12/19 06:46PM
    Embrace

Quote ladycam:
    Quote Embrace: WORDS CAN NOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE MY ANGER WITH Y&R RIGHT NOW, AND FOREVER NOW! I HAVE WATCHED THIS SOAP FOR WELL OVER 20 YEARS (AND I AM ONLY 29, SO YES, I WATCHED AS A LITTLE GIRL WITH MY GRANDMA AND AUNTS); I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE OF DESTRUCTION OF CHARACTERS ON ANY SOAP, EVER! I HAVE WATCHED A LOT OF SOAPS: Y&R, B&B, AS THE WORLD TURNS, GUIDING LIGHT, DAYS OF OUR LIVES, AND PASSIONS. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME PERSONALLY KNOWS THAT I HAVE TO HAVE MY SOAPS, AND IN PARTICULAR, MY Y&R! I HAVE GIVEN UP ON A LOT OF SOAPS BUT NEVER THE #1 DAYTIME DRAMA! THEY OFTEN JOKE WITH ME ABOUT IT, BECAUSE I NEVER MISS AN EPISODE, EVER!
    WELL, THEY CAN HAVE IT NOW BECAUSE I AM OFFICIALLY DONE. I TRIED SO HARD TO HOLD ON AFTER MS LEFT! I WAS, AND STILL AM SO DISAPPOINTED ABOUT MS EXIT, BECAUSE THAT WAS Y&R'S TALENT AT ITS BEST! LOVE THE CHARACTER OR HATE THE CHARACTER, NO ONE COULD TAKE AWAY THE FACT THAT MS IS AN AMAZING ACTRESS! AND I KNOW SHE MADE THE DECISION TO LEAVE ON HER OWN, BUT I BELIEVE THAT SHE HAD OUTGROWN Y&R, BECAUSE OF THEIR STUPID, JUVENILE DECISIONS! THE SOAP IS BEING DESTROYED! THE VETS DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE CRAP THAT COMES THROUGH OUR TV SCREENS 5 DAYS A WEEK!
    THEN, THERE WAS NEWS OF BM LEAVING, SMH. I WAS LIKE, HERE WE GO AGAIN, THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING...BUT NEVER EVER DID I THINK MM WOULD BE NEXT!!!!!!!!
    I WILL GIVE Y&R MY LAST THREE DAYS WITH MM ON THE SCREEN, AND AFTER THAT I AM OFFICIALLY DONE! THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS SOAP! I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE!I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE ANY OLD WRITERS BACK RIGHT NOW, EVEN THE ONE THAT PEOPLE THOUGHT WAS THE WORST. AT LEAST SHE RECOGNIZED OUR VETS, AND GOOD TALENT, AND GAVE GOOD STORYLINES! THIS SOAP IS THE WORST IT HAS EVER BEEN!!!! IT WILL NOT LAST LONG ANYMORE, CERTAINLY NOT AS #1!

ITA with every word.I am 34 yrs old a and started watching because of my mother. She no longer watch but MM(Adam) for the last few years kept me tuning in. And now I don't care to see another episodes. The writing for not so good lately but I watch in hope it would get better. With him leaving and BM at the same. Why bother nothing appeals to me. They lied to Adam fans and said they were humanizing him. But really they were vilifying him with each episodes. There is no words am just not interested anymore. I want to remember the good stuff MAB wrote for my favorite character. Not to watch him starring at Delia picture on his computer screen. SO I will miss his last month They removed most of my favorite scenes from YT. Only his scenes were removed how interesting. Farewell to my Fave I dropped the other soap already even though DOOL the writing i decent tuning in has being hard. But Y&R kept me tuning in but no more.

Yes I am upset that I can't find my couple on youtube anymore. But I do agree with you. The storylines have been way too boring and dull for me lately, well for a while now. I, too, had hopes that things would pick up. In the meantime, Adam and Billy characters held my interest. I wasn't too pleased with the storylines they had, but hey that was the writers fault, not theirs. I held on because of MM and BM's acting. They did amazing jobs even with the mess the writers handed them.

#23   2013/12/19 06:48PM
    Embrace

Quote Muhney Fan: I AGREE. IF THEY TAKE MM ( ADAM ) OFF OF THIS SHOW, I SWEAR I QUIT... HE IS THE BEST TRUE ACTOR ON THE SHOW. IF I AM WATCHING WITH SOMEONE ELSE, I ALWAYS SAY, HE IS GOING TO BE ON THE BIG SCREEN JUST WATCH.. SO, IF Y& R LETS HIM GO. I PRAY THAT FOR HIM . BUT AS FOR ME... I AM DONE. I AM SICK TO PIECES OF JACK & JILL & LILY & CANE. MM ADAM IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MAKES IT A DAMN SHOW. YOU PEOPLE AT Y& R HAVE LOST IT . WHEN ADAM IS GONE SO AM I AND I KNOW OTHERS THAT FEEL THE SAME WAY .

I have no doubt, they will regret their decision to let him go.

#24   2013/12/19 06:50PM
    sun__shine

I agree with everyone....but don't you see I really think this is what they want so they can replace it with something boring ....and this is why through all what they are doing to ruin this soap I for 1 will not stop watching and I have a feeling if ppl keep watching it(from around the world)they might leave it on the air and make S/L's better

#25   2013/12/19 06:50PM
    Embrace

Quote WaveJumper: I'm done watching. Chadam was the only interesting. sexy and hot on the show.

WaveJumper, we will never agree on our Shadam / Chadam differences, lol, but we do have one common interest - Michael Muhney as Adam. Nice to be able to bond over his amazing talent. MM makes the Adam character who it is!

#26   2013/12/19 07:02PM
    Embrace

Quote ladycam:

ITA with every word.I am 34 yrs old a and started watching because of my mother. She no longer watch but MM(Adam) for the last few years kept me tuning in. And now I don't care to see another episodes. The writing for not so good lately but I watch in hope it would get better. With him leaving and BM at the same. Why bother nothing appeals to me. They lied to Adam fans and said they were humanizing him. But really they were vilifying him with each episodes. There is no words am just not interested anymore. I want to remember the good stuff MAB wrote for my favorite character. Not to watch him starring at Delia picture on his computer screen. SO I will miss his last month They removed most of my favorite scenes from YT. Only his scenes were removed how interesting. Farewell to my Fave I dropped the other soap already even though DOOL the writing i decent tuning in has being hard. But Y&R kept me tuning in but no more.

Many people hated the MAB regime. And although it wasn't Bell's, it wasn't JFP's either. Sure there were some storylines that sucked but I do not ever remember it being this bad. I can say at least the Sharon storyline was entertaining. Adam kept you at the edge of your seats. Phyllis was always doing something. Acting was good. We didn't have all these newbies. Storylines weren't at an all time bore. The Bell days were great. MAB not so great, but JFP's writing just sucks!

#27   2013/12/19 07:06PM
    Embrace

Quote FL senior fan: Let's see how many responses!
    Sign in if you are disappointed with all the actor/actress' that have or are recently leaving the show.

Consider me one of them that may stop watching!

For me, there are more talented actors/ actresses that have left and or leaving than enough characters being played to hold my interest now on the show. Sorry but that's my opinion. And some of the newbies are good actors but their character roles just not a good fit for Y&R. But that doesn't matter anymore, because Y&R is totally going in a different direction.

#28   2013/12/19 07:10PM
    Layngel

Quote Embrace:
    Quote WaveJumper: I'm done watching. Chadam was the only interesting. sexy and hot on the show.

WaveJumper, we will never agree on our Shadam / Chadam differences, lol, but we do have one common interest - Michael Muhney as Adam. Nice to be able to bond over his amazing talent. MM makes the Adam character who it is!

I said on another thread that I am a Chadam fan, but would accept him back with Sharon if it meant he would stay. I totally agree about MM.

#29   2013/12/19 07:12PM
    Embrace

Quote Jacee Wojo: To the OP I totally agree with all you wrote.

I logged in to this site for the first time in about a year because of the news of Michael Muhney being let go. I use to watch B&B and comment there, but due to personal reasons as well as the fact that I no longer enjoyed B&B I stopped watching and have never looked back. I have always watched Y&R and it was my number one show. Like many of you I started watching with my grandmother because she was a CBS soap watcher. I watched Y&R, B&B, ATWT and GL. It was so sad to lose both ATWT and GL, but at least had Y&R and B&B to watch. When I got sick of the same old same old at B&B I left that one on my own and started watching GH and DOOL.

I have watched Y&R for at least 35+ years and I will be joining the ones that have decided to quit the show once MM airs his last episode. The changes that have taken place at Y&R have made it into a show where I couldn't wait to watch the next episode to days when I have been perfectly bored and asked myself why they even bothered to air such a terrible, boring episode. First MS left and even if I wasn't a fan of her character she was a great actress. Katherine dying was the next terrible blow and then the news of Billy Miller leaving was almost to much to fathom. Yesterday was the last straw for me because I only had one actor left that made the show for me and that was Michael Muhney. I was a Chadam fan and was so happy to see that they were finally going to be back together. Yes, one actor may not be the whole show, but he was the only one left that made watching it still worth it. I know the character has done plenty of bad things, but I can't think of any other actor who could have pulled off Adam the way MM did. IMO he was brilliant.

I have no one else left that interests me in the least. I'm not blaming it on their acting, but the s/l's they have been given. The writers are the ones to blame because I have seen some of these actors/actresses in much better s/l's over the years. I have no interest whatsoever in the new people who have been brought in. I missed Steve Burton on GH so don't know if he was better on that show, but his character of Dylan does absolutely nothing for me. Of all the new actors and actresses they just seem like filler to me. I am not vested in them in the least. When they are on I consider that to be a boring day. With them I don't know if they are capable of more or if it's the writer's fault. With some of the veterans I am familiar with their acting so I remember when they had some good s/l's and were great with their roles. It's sad what they have been reduced to.

After reading the interview that Michael gave on the news section on here I read that Adam is going away for several months and will not be killed off, but come back as a recast. I can tell already that Adam will be arrested and he talked of filming his goodbye to Jack, Chelsea and Connor or his little "Peanut" which is how I think of Adam when he interacted with Connor. I just get sad thinking about that last day he will be seen. I just know that Adam was not guilty of killing little Delilah even if he thinks he did it. I now have no idea how the writers will handle the situation, and I don't care because if the real "killer" is eventually found since it always takes the Genoa City police forever to find out anything it won't be Michael Muhney coming back, but someone else. The writers let Michael do the hard part, because only he could have handled playing the part the way he did. Again, I will not be watching as my last day will be the day that both Billy Miller and Michael Muhney exit the Y&R which I understand is the same day.

I have voiced my opinions to CBS at the Y&R and have signed petitions. I'm sure it won't do any good, but at least I had my say. I'm not sure if I ever posted on the Y&R before, and as I mentioned earlier I have not posted anything on this site for some time. Thank you to the OP for letting me voice how I feel on this thread. Like you I am done with Y&R.

When I hear of the vet watchers letting go, it saddens me because I really feel your frustration! When I think of what Y&R has been reduced to after all these years it is just no words for it. Y&R used to have great storylines that kept me reeling for more! I couldn't even wait till the next day to watch, not to mention the following Monday. We had cliffhangers, the best characters, and entertainment! What happened?

#30   2013/12/19 07:13PM
    Embrace

Quote ksmmm: All the interesting complex characters are leaving or getting fired...wth??? Honestly i fast forward through so much as it is,but I always stopped when it was a Billy or Adam scene.There are only two other characters i like besides them...it will be a snoooooze fest when they leave

You are right

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list