List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: AFTER 20 YRS+, DONE WITH Y&R!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

AFTER 20 YRS+, DONE WITH Y&R!!!!

Started by Embrace at 2013/12/17 08:08PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/19 08:58PM, Views: 1715, Replies: 38
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/12/18 12:07PM
    Re: AFTER 20 YRS+, DONE WITH Y&R!!!!
    sonny6

I am so done. Thanks for 40 years. Best of luck for the remaining one year. I am also one of the saddest fan of Y&R right now.

#12   2013/12/18 12:11PM
    ladycam

Quote K. Spaudling: I've read many posts/ comments regarding MM, and I'm still reeling with disappointment!!
    Its not only the reckless, shocking firing of the insanely talented MM, but rather the accumulation of dishearting storylines, constant recasts, along with other departures.
    Michael and Lauren once were one of my favorite couples, and what they have managed to reduce them is beyond sad.
    I cannot stand the constant recasting, and often more times than not they're not for the better.
    The storylines are second-rate and not up to par.
    After 20+ I'm done too.

I wish we had a clap emoticon for your post. ITA with every word your wrote my sentiments exactly. The actor personality is not my business. But his performance even with second rate s/l made me watch and have hope the stories would get better. Not that he was better than his cast mate but he's being my entertainment for a while now. When I heard the news Y&R just died for me. I keep checking the board and hope it was a mistake. After he's gone nothing will matter right now no s/l matter since this news broke.

#13   2013/12/18 01:16PM
    Jacee Wojo

To the OP I totally agree with all you wrote.

I logged in to this site for the first time in about a year because of the news of Michael Muhney being let go. I use to watch B&B and comment there, but due to personal reasons as well as the fact that I no longer enjoyed B&B I stopped watching and have never looked back. I have always watched Y&R and it was my number one show. Like many of you I started watching with my grandmother because she was a CBS soap watcher. I watched Y&R, B&B, ATWT and GL. It was so sad to lose both ATWT and GL, but at least had Y&R and B&B to watch. When I got sick of the same old same old at B&B I left that one on my own and started watching GH and DOOL.

I have watched Y&R for at least 35+ years and I will be joining the ones that have decided to quit the show once MM airs his last episode. The changes that have taken place at Y&R have made it into a show where I couldn't wait to watch the next episode to days when I have been perfectly bored and asked myself why they even bothered to air such a terrible, boring episode. First MS left and even if I wasn't a fan of her character she was a great actress. Katherine dying was the next terrible blow and then the news of Billy Miller leaving was almost to much to fathom. Yesterday was the last straw for me because I only had one actor left that made the show for me and that was Michael Muhney. I was a Chadam fan and was so happy to see that they were finally going to be back together. Yes, one actor may not be the whole show, but he was the only one left that made watching it still worth it. I know the character has done plenty of bad things, but I can't think of any other actor who could have pulled off Adam the way MM did. IMO he was brilliant.

I have no one else left that interests me in the least. I'm not blaming it on their acting, but the s/l's they have been given. The writers are the ones to blame because I have seen some of these actors/actresses in much better s/l's over the years. I have no interest whatsoever in the new people who have been brought in. I missed Steve Burton on GH so don't know if he was better on that show, but his character of Dylan does absolutely nothing for me. Of all the new actors and actresses they just seem like filler to me. I am not vested in them in the least. When they are on I consider that to be a boring day. With them I don't know if they are capable of more or if it's the writer's fault. With some of the veterans I am familiar with their acting so I remember when they had some good s/l's and were great with their roles. It's sad what they have been reduced to.

After reading the interview that Michael gave on the news section on here I read that Adam is going away for several months and will not be killed off, but come back as a recast. I can tell already that Adam will be arrested and he talked of filming his goodbye to Jack, Chelsea and Connor or his little "Peanut" which is how I think of Adam when he interacted with Connor. I just get sad thinking about that last day he will be seen. I just know that Adam was not guilty of killing little Delilah even if he thinks he did it. I now have no idea how the writers will handle the situation, and I don't care because if the real "killer" is eventually found since it always takes the Genoa City police forever to find out anything it won't be Michael Muhney coming back, but someone else. The writers let Michael do the hard part, because only he could have handled playing the part the way he did. Again, I will not be watching as my last day will be the day that both Billy Miller and Michael Muhney exit the Y&R which I understand is the same day.

I have voiced my opinions to CBS at the Y&R and have signed petitions. I'm sure it won't do any good, but at least I had my say. I'm not sure if I ever posted on the Y&R before, and as I mentioned earlier I have not posted anything on this site for some time. Thank you to the OP for letting me voice how I feel on this thread. Like you I am done with Y&R.

#14   2013/12/18 01:57PM
    ErinsMom

I feel the same way. I'm done. It was bad enough when they announced Phyllis and Billy were leaving...really sad and disappointing! But to fire MM? I'm done when he's gone. I don't care what he did. Unless it was a criminal act, and I don't think so, since MM is not in jail, get over yourselves, suits. Your job is to get along with the talent and ensure a good show. Handle it. Bring him back or there will be a mass exodus from this show.

#15   2013/12/18 06:33PM
    angel276

36years of faithful viewing here. Stuck thru all the crappy, storylines these past months. Watching a couple favorites on the show made it worth while. Michael Muhney was one, and with him being fired....I'm throwing in the towel. This was the straw that broke the camels back. Without him there is no Y&R! Totally done watching.

#16   2013/12/18 08:04PM
    K. Spaudling

Quote ladycam:
    Quote K. Spaudling: I've read many posts/ comments regarding MM, and I'm still reeling with disappointment!!
    Its not only the reckless, shocking firing of the insanely talented MM, but rather the accumulation of dishearting storylines, constant recasts, along with other departures.
    Michael and Lauren once were one of my favorite couples, and what they have managed to reduce them is beyond sad.
    I cannot stand the constant recasting, and often more times than not they're not for the better.
    The storylines are second-rate and not up to par.
    After 20+ I'm done too.

I wish we had a clap emoticon for your post. ITA with every word your wrote my sentiments exactly. The actor personality is not my business. But his performance even with second rate s/l made me watch and have hope the stories would get better. Not that he was better than his cast mate but he's being my entertainment for a while now. When I heard the news Y&R just died for me. I keep checking the board and hope it was a mistake. After he's gone nothing will matter right now no s/l matter since this news broke.

I'm with you.. I had NO desire to even watch today!
    Sadly I'm done, I will DVR the show through Jan. 30th, and it will be off my playlist.
    JFP can bring ALL of her FOJ's, Best of Luck, they will need it.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/18 08:06PM
    #17   2013/12/18 08:08PM
    angel276

Well when all of us quit watching because of this. The sponsers I'm sure wont be too happy..when sales drop for them as well.

#18   2013/12/18 09:13PM
    ksmmm

All the interesting complex characters are leaving or getting fired...wth??? Honestly i fast forward through so much as it is,but I always stopped when it was a Billy or Adam scene.There are only two other characters i like besides them...it will be a snoooooze fest when they leave

#19   2013/12/19 03:40AM
    bern916

When i first read that MM was fired, my heart sank and i literally teared up. I know that may sound stupid but it is true nontheless. Adam Newman is my absolute favorite character on the show. He MAKES the character of Adam Newman. No one else will ever come close. He is the only reason i look forward to watching the show. I don't care really about any other storyline. I don't care about what will be Cane and Lily's new business venture or Neil proposing to Leslie or who shot Carmine or Jack and Jill's quest to bring down Victor or Noah and Courtney or Abby and Tyler.

I have been watching Y&R for probably 40+ years and have never quit watching the show. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. MM's last day on the show will be my last day as a Y&R viewer and while the show and the producers might not care, I will know I have at least done something.

I just can't believe it.

#20   2013/12/19 06:34PM
    Embrace

Quote sonny6: I am so done. Thanks for 40 years. Best of luck for the remaining one year. I am also one of the saddest fan of Y&R right now.

Sonny, I feel your pain. Its like we invested so much time into this show. I can say personally, it has been my #1 favorite show for a long time. Its sad to see what it has been reduced to now.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list