List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: AFTER 20 YRS+, DONE WITH Y&R!!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

AFTER 20 YRS+, DONE WITH Y&R!!!!

Started by Embrace at 2013/12/17 08:08PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/19 08:58PM, Views: 1762, Replies: 38
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/12/17 08:08PM
    AFTER 20 YRS+, DONE WITH Y&R!!!!
    Embrace

WORDS CAN NOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE MY ANGER WITH Y&R RIGHT NOW, AND FOREVER NOW! I HAVE WATCHED THIS SOAP FOR WELL OVER 20 YEARS (AND I AM ONLY 29, SO YES, I WATCHED AS A LITTLE GIRL WITH MY GRANDMA AND AUNTS); I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE OF DESTRUCTION OF CHARACTERS ON ANY SOAP, EVER! I HAVE WATCHED A LOT OF SOAPS: Y&R, B&B, AS THE WORLD TURNS, GUIDING LIGHT, DAYS OF OUR LIVES, AND PASSIONS. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME PERSONALLY KNOWS THAT I HAVE TO HAVE MY SOAPS, AND IN PARTICULAR, MY Y&R! I HAVE GIVEN UP ON A LOT OF SOAPS BUT NEVER THE #1 DAYTIME DRAMA! THEY OFTEN JOKE WITH ME ABOUT IT, BECAUSE I NEVER MISS AN EPISODE, EVER!
    WELL, THEY CAN HAVE IT NOW BECAUSE I AM OFFICIALLY DONE. I TRIED SO HARD TO HOLD ON AFTER MS LEFT! I WAS, AND STILL AM SO DISAPPOINTED ABOUT MS EXIT, BECAUSE THAT WAS Y&R'S TALENT AT ITS BEST! LOVE THE CHARACTER OR HATE THE CHARACTER, NO ONE COULD TAKE AWAY THE FACT THAT MS IS AN AMAZING ACTRESS! AND I KNOW SHE MADE THE DECISION TO LEAVE ON HER OWN, BUT I BELIEVE THAT SHE HAD OUTGROWN Y&R, BECAUSE OF THEIR STUPID, JUVENILE DECISIONS! THE SOAP IS BEING DESTROYED! THE VETS DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE CRAP THAT COMES THROUGH OUR TV SCREENS 5 DAYS A WEEK!
    THEN, THERE WAS NEWS OF BM LEAVING, SMH. I WAS LIKE, HERE WE GO AGAIN, THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING...BUT NEVER EVER DID I THINK MM WOULD BE NEXT!!!!!!!!
    I WILL GIVE Y&R MY LAST THREE DAYS WITH MM ON THE SCREEN, AND AFTER THAT I AM OFFICIALLY DONE! THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS SOAP! I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE!I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE ANY OLD WRITERS BACK RIGHT NOW, EVEN THE ONE THAT PEOPLE THOUGHT WAS THE WORST. AT LEAST SHE RECOGNIZED OUR VETS, AND GOOD TALENT, AND GAVE GOOD STORYLINES! THIS SOAP IS THE WORST IT HAS EVER BEEN!!!! IT WILL NOT LAST LONG ANYMORE, CERTAINLY NOT AS #1!

#2   2013/12/17 08:17PM
    Re: AFTER 20 YRS+, DONE WITH Y&R!!!!
    Layngel

Quote Embrace: WORDS CAN NOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE MY ANGER WITH Y&R RIGHT NOW, AND FOREVER NOW! I HAVE WATCHED THIS SOAP FOR WELL OVER 20 YEARS (AND I AM ONLY 29, SO YES, I WATCHED AS A LITTLE GIRL WITH MY GRANDMA AND AUNTS); I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE OF DESTRUCTION OF CHARACTERS ON ANY SOAP, EVER! I HAVE WATCHED A LOT OF SOAPS: Y&R, B&B, AS THE WORLD TURNS, GUIDING LIGHT, DAYS OF OUR LIVES, AND PASSIONS. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME PERSONALLY KNOWS THAT I HAVE TO HAVE MY SOAPS, AND IN PARTICULAR, MY Y&R! I HAVE GIVEN UP ON A LOT OF SOAPS BUT NEVER THE #1 DAYTIME DRAMA! THEY OFTEN JOKE WITH ME ABOUT IT, BECAUSE I NEVER MISS AN EPISODE, EVER!
    WELL, THEY CAN HAVE IT NOW BECAUSE I AM OFFICIALLY DONE. I TRIED SO HARD TO HOLD ON AFTER MS LEFT! I WAS, AND STILL AM SO DISAPPOINTED ABOUT MS EXIT, BECAUSE THAT WAS Y&R'S TALENT AT ITS BEST! LOVE THE CHARACTER OR HATE THE CHARACTER, NO ONE COULD TAKE AWAY THE FACT THAT MS IS AN AMAZING ACTRESS! AND I KNOW SHE MADE THE DECISION TO LEAVE ON HER OWN, BUT I BELIEVE THAT SHE HAD OUTGROWN Y&R, BECAUSE OF THEIR STUPID, JUVENILE DECISIONS! THE SOAP IS BEING DESTROYED! THE VETS DESERVE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE CRAP THAT COMES THROUGH OUR TV SCREENS 5 DAYS A WEEK!
    THEN, THERE WAS NEWS OF BM LEAVING, SMH. I WAS LIKE, HERE WE GO AGAIN, THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING...BUT NEVER EVER DID I THINK MM WOULD BE NEXT!!!!!!!!
    I WILL GIVE Y&R MY LAST THREE DAYS WITH MM ON THE SCREEN, AND AFTER THAT I AM OFFICIALLY DONE! THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS SOAP! I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT IT WAS POSSIBLE!I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO HAVE ANY OLD WRITERS BACK RIGHT NOW, EVEN THE ONE THAT PEOPLE THOUGHT WAS THE WORST. AT LEAST SHE RECOGNIZED OUR VETS, AND GOOD TALENT, AND GAVE GOOD STORYLINES! THIS SOAP IS THE WORST IT HAS EVER BEEN!!!! IT WILL NOT LAST LONG ANYMORE, CERTAINLY NOT AS #1!

I hear ya. I am 36 and have watched soaps since I was in high school. I watched Days first when Marlena got possessed. Then I watched Another World since it was on after it.

I then proceeded to slowly adopt all the others..GH, AMC, OLTL, GL, ATWT, Passions, B&B and Y&R..heck even Port Charles. I too would watch with my grandma. She was a huge AMC fan.

I am capable of being done with a soap. When Days killed off my fav Jack Deveroux...again..I was out. I had had it, and I never watched again..(even though I still love EJ).

I am just about there with Y&R. I was mad enough with BM, and this just made it worse. I can already tell where the stories will go. It will inevitably will all be about Dylan. The same happened with GH and Jason. Jason was all over the screen all the time. Jason bit the big one over there and it has been great since he left.

#3   2013/12/17 09:55PM
    ladycam

Quote Embrace: WORDS CAN NOT EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE MY ANGER WITH Y&R RIGHT NOW, AND FOREVER NOW! I HAVE WATCHED THIS SOAP FOR WELL OVER 20 YEARS (AND I AM ONLY 29, SO YES, I WATCHED AS A LITTLE GIRL WITH MY GRANDMA AND AUNTS); I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE OF DESTRUCTION OF CHARACTERS ON ANY SOAP, EVER! I HAVE WATCHED A LOT OF SOAPS: Y&R, B&B, AS THE WORLD TURNS, GUIDING LIGHT, DAYS OF OUR LIVES, AND PASSIONS. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME PERSONALLY KNOWS THAT I HAVE TO HAVE MY SOAPS, AND IN PARTICULAR, MY Y&R! I HAVE GIVEN UP ON A LOT OF SOAPS BUT NEVER THE #1 DAYTIME DRAMA! THEY OFTEN JOKE WITH ME ABOUT IT, BECAUSE I NEVER MISS AN EPISODE, EVER!

ITA with every word.I am 34 yrs old a and started watching because of my mother. She no longer watch but MM(Adam) for the last few years kept me tuning in. And now I don't care to see another episodes. The writing for not so good lately but I watch in hope it would get better. With him leaving and BM at the same. Why bother nothing appeals to me. They lied to Adam fans and said they were humanizing him. But really they were vilifying him with each episodes. There is no words am just not interested anymore. I want to remember the good stuff MAB wrote for my favorite character. Not to watch him starring at Delia picture on his computer screen. SO I will miss his last month They removed most of my favorite scenes from YT. Only his scenes were removed how interesting. Farewell to my Fave I dropped the other soap already even though DOOL the writing i decent tuning in has being hard. But Y&R kept me tuning in but no more.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/17 09:59PM
    #4   2013/12/17 10:15PM
    K. Spaudling

I Agree and I'm saddened.
    I'm 29 also, Y&R has been the only show I can say that I have watched for 20+ years.
    One of the last pics of my great grandmother was me sitting on her lap with Jill on the tv screen.
    Soap fans are incredibly loyal, but one can only take so much.
    This is shameful and a slap in the face to those who have kept the show #1.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/17 10:16PM
    #5   2013/12/17 10:22PM
    Muhney Fan

I AGREE. IF THEY TAKE MM ( ADAM ) OFF OF THIS SHOW, I SWEAR I QUIT... HE IS THE BEST TRUE ACTOR ON THE SHOW. IF I AM WATCHING WITH SOMEONE ELSE, I ALWAYS SAY, HE IS GOING TO BE ON THE BIG SCREEN JUST WATCH.. SO, IF Y& R LETS HIM GO. I PRAY THAT FOR HIM . BUT AS FOR ME... I AM DONE. I AM SICK TO PIECES OF JACK & JILL & LILY & CANE. MM ADAM IS THE ONLY ONE THAT MAKES IT A DAMN SHOW. YOU PEOPLE AT Y& R HAVE LOST IT . WHEN ADAM IS GONE SO AM I AND I KNOW OTHERS THAT FEEL THE SAME WAY .

#6   2013/12/17 10:23PM
    Embrace

Quote K. Spaudling: I Agree and I'm saddened.
    I'm 29 also, Y&R has been the only show I can say that I have watched for 20+ years.
    One of the last pics of my great grandmother was me sitting on her lap with Jill on the tv screen.
    Soap fans are incredibly loyal, but one can only take so much.
    This is shameful and a slap in the face to those who have kept the show #1.

Yes. I think what I admired most was the history of the show, but also I thought that Y&R had THE best actors on daytime ever! But I don't feel that way anymore. They are making such stupid moves with these boring storylines, not to mention way too drawn out storylines. They are taking away the best and forcing new characters on us that don't even go with the dynamic of the show. I can't tell you the last time I remember seeing a Friday's cliffhanger! I used to could not wait until Monday to watch again! They are ruining my show beyond belief!

#7   2013/12/18 03:15AM
    WaveJumper

I'm done watching. Chadam was the only interesting. sexy and hot on the show.

#8   2013/12/18 03:28AM
    FL senior fan

Let's see how many responses!
    Sign in if you are disappointed with all the actor/actress' that have or are recently leaving the show.

Consider me one of them that may stop watching!

#9   2013/12/18 11:56AM
    K. Spaudling

I've read many posts/ comments regarding MM, and I'm still reeling with disappointment!!
    Its not only the reckless, shocking firing of the insanely talented MM, but rather the accumulation of dishearting storylines, constant recasts, along with other departures.
    Michael and Lauren once were one of my favorite couples, and what they have managed to reduce them is beyond sad.
    I cannot stand the constant recasting, and often more times than not they're not for the better.
    The storylines are second-rate and not up to par.
    After 20+ I'm done too.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/18 11:57AM
    #10   2013/12/18 12:07PM
    catxohca01

Yes I am right there with you this is the most disgusting move ever I can understand more if the Actor chooses to leave for one reason or another but they keep these no good actors around and ruin the good veterans that have been around I really like MM (not at first) but I love him with Chelsea they look really good together but this JFP has ruined this show like she did GH and she puts Steve Burton into this stupid role Please Fire JFP NOW!!!!!!!

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list