List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Dylan McAvoy is not working for me. Sorry.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Dylan McAvoy is not working for me. Sorry.

Started by jmunoz4u at 2013/12/04 07:11PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/10 10:45PM, Views: 1658, Replies: 30
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/12/10 10:54AM
    Re: Dylan McAvoy is not working for me. Sorry.
    jhaxx

I like Dylan he has a lot on his plate now. He is working on PTS and to be told his life has been a lie, you would act like a robot too, he is acting his butt off, perhaps he will grow on you as sl builds

#22   2013/12/10 12:03PM
    Sinny

Quote Strgzr: Dylan is boring and so is Avery. Good grief, they are both dull as dirt.

Send them packing.. far far away... they add nothing to the show.

#23   2013/12/10 05:30PM
    sun__shine

Quote djpp: Wow! The writers finally make a nice character come on the show, and people don't like him? He's BORING??? Same criticism when Sean Patrick Flannery came on the show as the nice veterinarian. What's wrong with you people??? I enjoy seeing Dylan on the show. I like having some nice people in Genoa City for a change instead of a bunch of Phyllis's and Baldwin-Fishers! I am sick and tired of seeing criminals running around in GC and rubbing shoulders with the elite in town. You wouldn't see that happening anywhere in real life, that's for sure. Those psychos would be run out of town! I like the Nikki/Dylan storyline. I especially like seeing the clash between Nick and Dylan because Dylan is with Avery and friends with Sharon and Faith. This is something the writers are doing right, and I want to make sure they get some positive feedback instead of the people who post on these boards who love psycho characters like Phyllis and the Baldwin-Fishers. Those characters ruined the show.

people should wait and see I think he (dylan) will work out great....or look at the ones like jack jill kyle and a few others I find boring give SB a chance

#24   2013/12/10 05:37PM
    CdnMama

Quote djpp: Wow! The writers finally make a nice character come on the show, and people don't like him? He's BORING??? Same criticism when Sean Patrick Flannery came on the show as the nice veterinarian. What's wrong with you people??? I enjoy seeing Dylan on the show. I like having some nice people in Genoa City for a change instead of a bunch of Phyllis's and Baldwin-Fishers! I am sick and tired of seeing criminals running around in GC and rubbing shoulders with the elite in town. You wouldn't see that happening anywhere in real life, that's for sure. Those psychos would be run out of town! I like the Nikki/Dylan storyline. I especially like seeing the clash between Nick and Dylan because Dylan is with Avery and friends with Sharon and Faith. This is something the writers are doing right, and I want to make sure they get some positive feedback instead of the people who post on these boards who love psycho characters like Phyllis and the Baldwin-Fishers. Those characters ruined the show.

Exactly. Totally agree with this post. Finally a nice guy comes into town and everyone complains that he's boring. Same thing they did to Sam! He was a really good guy to Sharon and Vicky too. Nice doesn't mean boring. These guys Dylan and Sam are normal, good down to earth guys. Not everyone dresses up in a blue dress to scare pregnant women or steals wearing a Chipmunk suit.

Dylan is working for me! I love him and Avery together. The writers are doing good things here.

#25   2013/12/10 05:47PM
    bukopandan

Quote CdnMama:

Exactly. Totally agree with this post. Finally a nice guy comes into town and everyone complains that he's boring. Same thing they did to Sam! He was a really good guy to Sharon and Vicky too. Nice doesn't mean boring. These guys Dylan and Sam are normal, good down to earth guys. Not everyone dresses up in a blue dress to scare pregnant women or steals wearing a Chipmunk suit.

Dylan is working for me! I love him and Avery together. The writers are doing good things here.

I like Dylan too and am enjoying the more subtle points of YR. Real drama can be so under the radar at times. Plus it balances out with the stuff we've been seeing with the grieving over Delia. And I can't stand when a show feels too camp, like AMC did back when I'd catch it while at a friend's house--it was so plastic to me. Dylan expresses a lot if we watch him closely. I loved how he turned around and listened to ole Vic tell hm to stay away from Nikki and and blahblahblah--Dylan didn't have to do anything to counter the intimidation attempt of the shorter man with his mafia-like hands-in-coat-pockets schtick.

#26   2013/12/10 07:21PM
    savytabby

I agree that Dylan is kind of boring, but I think he just needs to be paired with someone that is going to really tie him in with other characters and generate conflict (as well as romance) and Avery is NOT it! In the beginning Davery might have worked, but not now. Part of the problem is that the character of Avery doesn't have any built-in conflict with other characters now that Phyllis is gone. Sure she's Summer's aunt, but they haven't had a scene in eons. Avery was actually interesting when she was brought on the show as Sharon's attorney and Phyllis's secret sister, but they had her make up with Phyllis and then hooked her with Nick -- and I never saw the chemistry between them. Dylan and Sharon clicked from the moment she spilled her coffee all over him and now that he's Nikki's son and Nick's brother that pairing would be cool. As for Avery, I saw some sparks with Adam, but now they don't even have scenes much anymore. The problem isn't with the Dylan character as much as he's being written and who he's being paired with.

#27   2013/12/10 07:34PM
    Pastfifty

Truth is, I never really cared for Nick and Avery. I actually like Dylan with Avery because at least he has some emotion where she's concerned. I feel that Dylan is kind of a mamby pamby and I really want to see him go off on someone. Not the PTS thing, but really go off on say Nick who's becoming quite a dweeb to me. I'm to a point where I fast forward all the Nick scenes just to keep my interest.
    However, that being said, I would love to see Nick actually catch Dylan and Avery smooching! That would make my week.

#28   2013/12/10 08:13PM
    Sinny

Quote KLeigh818:
    Quote djpp: Wow! The writers finally make a nice character come on the show, and people don't like him?

I don't dislike the character but I am tuning in to be entertained. SB is not bringing any depth to his character. That is partly because he really does not have much to do besides look disappointed and because it seems like he is a fish out of water still. The writers need to do better in getting him connected to the other players for diversity and SB needs to step it up and engage. Being nice will not bump the rating. Being nice with some energy might help!

I don't hate dylan at all but he is so dull and boring.. I watch the show for the drama.. not for some boring nice guy. BLECK.. Dylan is a lot better than that neanderthal Nick tho. LOL

#29   2013/12/10 08:16PM
    Sinny

Quote savytabby: I agree that Dylan is kind of boring, but I think he just needs to be paired with someone that is going to really tie him in with other characters and generate conflict (as well as romance) and Avery is NOT it! In the beginning Davery might have worked, but not now. Part of the problem is that the character of Avery doesn't have any built-in conflict with other characters now that Phyllis is gone. Sure she's Summer's aunt, but they haven't had a scene in eons. Avery was actually interesting when she was brought on the show as Sharon's attorney and Phyllis's secret sister, but they had her make up with Phyllis and then hooked her with Nick -- and I never saw the chemistry between them. Dylan and Sharon clicked from the moment she spilled her coffee all over him and now that he's Nikki's son and Nick's brother that pairing would be cool. As for Avery, I saw some sparks with Adam, but now they don't even have scenes much anymore. The problem isn't with the Dylan character as much as he's being written and who he's being paired with.

Who would you pair Dylan with.. it sure isn't working with Avery and it was real bad with Chelsea.

#30   2013/12/10 10:29PM
    3WishGenie

He ain't working for me either yet they keep shoving him down our throats. They were off the mark with the casting imo. SBu has chemistry with no one on the show. The Newmans will now be all about him: Nick, Nikki, Victor and Victoria. And just to make sure we stay awake they're bringing on his psycho bio dad. I'm sure I'll end up liking Ian Ward before I ever start liking Dylan!

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list