List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: We need Pyhllis.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

We need Pyhllis.

Started by grammapam at 2013/11/22 08:43AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/25 01:15PM, Views: 3754, Replies: 127
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:
    #111   2013/11/25 08:31AM
    Re: We need Pyhllis.
    volfan

I don't dislike Phyllis but I don't miss her much either. I don't think her being on the show made it better, because for a while I thought she was getting too much screen time and it was becoming the Phyllis show. She was either lying, humping or hiding evidence for something she's done, whether it was business, sexual, family, or criminal. Her life is made up of a bunch of hidden things and lies. She's slightly less crazy than Sheila. And although that can be fun to watch sometimes, it gets a little boring to watch her at times because you already know whatever scheme she comes up with she's going to get away with it. That is not good writing to me. The good writing part was when the writers gave us all a break from too much Phyllis. Sometimes you need a break from certain irritating characters. It helps you kind of forget some of the bad things they do and when they start doing them again it's more interesting to watch instead of piling it on day after day. That’s why watching Carmine was boring and they are still dragging this storyline on. Watching Michael, Lauren and Fen is boring, makes you think all the Baldwins do is stay in trouble. Lily & Cane are boring, they need to send them to Paris for a while and maybe they will come back with Drucilla who didn't die but lost her memory & was staying there and they find her. Anyway when Phyllis comes back whether it’s Michelle Stafford or not, I think her character will be more refreshing to watch, until it becomes the Phyllis show again. For a minute I thought they were going to name the show PHYLLIS, YOUNG & RESTLESS.

#112   2013/11/25 11:14AM
    Savoy

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Savoy: The show is thriving, they are maintaining their market shares in the rating's. The show has moved on from Phyllis. If Phyllis was so integral to the show, they would have done whatever necessary to keep the character viable.

The show isn't any one character. but this show is farrrrrrrrr from thriving.

Thriving meaning that it's a profitable venture for Sony. Repetitious complaint's from a few in the grand scheme of things doesn't alter their bottom line, which is what they look at.

#113   2013/11/25 11:20AM
    Charlie Big

The character carried this show, that's for sure, but it is not time for Phyllis now. We don't need her to expose Sharon. I would like to see Summer expose what Sharon did to her. I know that there is a huge gaping hole in this show without our precious Phyllis but Sharon needs to own what she did and why she put Phyllis in that coma.

#114   2013/11/25 11:27AM
    Sinny

Quote Savoy:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote Savoy: The show is thriving, they are maintaining their market shares in the rating's. The show has moved on from Phyllis. If Phyllis was so integral to the show, they would have done whatever necessary to keep the character viable.

Thriving meaning that it's a profitable venture for Sony. Repetitious complaint's from a few in the grand scheme of things doesn't alter their bottom line, which is what they look at.

I guess some of us are happy with it. (you) and some are not (me).. too each their own.. I think the show is sinking..

#115   2013/11/25 11:40AM
    Savoy

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Savoy:
    Quote Sinny:

I guess some of us are happy with it. (you) and some are not (me).. too each their own.. I think the show is sinking..

Agreed, not everyone is happy, I don't think there will every be a time that everyone is happy about the show or on one accord. Yet they are making money, which is all that Sony is concerned with.

#116   2013/11/25 11:42AM
    Sinny

Quote Savoy:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote Savoy:
    Quote Sinny:

Agreed, not everyone is happy, I don't think there will every be a time that everyone is happy about the show or on one accord. Yet they are making money, which is all that Sony is concerned with.

I guess that is what it feels like too.. it has lost its homey feel and it feels all about making money and not writing good story.

#117   2013/11/25 11:45AM
    mgmad1993

Quote volfan: I don't dislike Phyllis but I don't miss her much either. I don't think her being on the show made it better, because for a while I thought she was getting too much screen time and it was becoming the Phyllis show. She was either lying, humping or hiding evidence for something she's done, whether it was business, sexual, family, or criminal. Her life is made up of a bunch of hidden things and lies. She's slightly less crazy than Sheila. And although that can be fun to watch sometimes, it gets a little boring to watch her at times because you already know whatever scheme she comes up with she's going to get away with it. That is not good writing to me. The good writing part was when the writers gave us all a break from too much Phyllis. Sometimes you need a break from certain irritating characters. It helps you kind of forget some of the bad things they do and when they start doing them again it's more interesting to watch instead of piling it on day after day. That’s why watching Carmine was boring and they are still dragging this storyline on. Watching Michael, Lauren and Fen is boring, makes you think all the Baldwins do is stay in trouble. Lily & Cane are boring, they need to send them to Paris for a while and maybe they will come back with Drucilla who didn't die but lost her memory & was staying there and they find her. Anyway when Phyllis comes back whether it’s Michelle Stafford or not, I think her character will be more refreshing to watch, until it becomes the Phyllis show again. For a minute I thought they were going to name the show PHYLLIS, YOUNG & RESTLESS.

I find Phyllis entertaining. Her character is anything but boring and a lot of that has to do with Michelle Stafford. I often wonder if the actress who plays Lauren (and Michael's character too) is ever drained because her story line has been quiet dramatic and depressing for a long time(after the Carmine affair). I miss Phyllis. I hope she comes back soon.

#118   2013/11/25 11:45AM
    ..wombat44

Quote Savoy:
    Quote Sinny:

So many Phylliss fans said that if she left, the show would sink...because SHE IS THE SHOW!!! She was no more the show than anyone else.

Well she left, the show didn't sink, and npw they look foolish and have to keep pretending that the show is doomed.

#119   2013/11/25 11:52AM
    Sinny

Quote mgmad1993:
    Quote volfan: I don't dislike Phyllis but I don't miss her much either. I don't think her being on the show made it better, because for a while I thought she was getting too much screen time and it was becoming the Phyllis show. She was either lying, humping or hiding evidence for something she's done, whether it was business, sexual, family, or criminal. Her life is made up of a bunch of hidden things and lies. She's slightly less crazy than Sheila. And although that can be fun to watch sometimes, it gets a little boring to watch her at times because you already know whatever scheme she comes up with she's going to get away with it. That is not good writing to me. The good writing part was when the writers gave us all a break from too much Phyllis. Sometimes you need a break from certain irritating characters. It helps you kind of forget some of the bad things they do and when they start doing them again it's more interesting to watch instead of piling it on day after day. That’s why watching Carmine was boring and they are still dragging this storyline on. Watching Michael, Lauren and Fen is boring, makes you think all the Baldwins do is stay in trouble. Lily & Cane are boring, they need to send them to Paris for a while and maybe they will come back with Drucilla who didn't die but lost her memory & was staying there and they find her. Anyway when Phyllis comes back whether it’s Michelle Stafford or not, I think her character will be more refreshing to watch, until it becomes the Phyllis show again. For a minute I thought they were going to name the show PHYLLIS, YOUNG & RESTLESS.

I find Phyllis entertaining. Her character is anything but boring and a lot of that has to do with Michelle Stafford. I often wonder if the actress who plays Lauren (and Michael's character too) is ever drained because her story line has been quiet dramatic and depressing for a long time(after the Carmine affair). I miss Phyllis. I hope she comes back soon.

I found her entertaining too.. she was out there .. I love a character that is on the edge.. she was never boring.. opinionated and passionate.. perfect for a soap character.. I hope she comes back too. I used to love her and Michaels' friendship till the writers ended that..

#120   2013/11/25 11:53AM
    1Elvis

Quote ..wombat44:
    Quote Savoy:
    Quote Sinny:

So many Phylliss fans said that if she left, the show would sink...because SHE IS THE SHOW!!! She was no more the show than anyone else.

Well she left, the show didn't sink, and npw they look foolish and have to keep pretending that the show is doomed.

And some said they were going to stop watching if MS left. I guess they are hooked. I love this show and I will watch it until the end. Sharon was what made this show alone with JM, EB. The show is making money everyday and getting new fans everyday.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list