List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: We need Pyhllis.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

We need Pyhllis.

Started by grammapam at 2013/11/22 08:43AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/25 01:15PM, Views: 3716, Replies: 127
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:
    #91   2013/11/24 02:31PM
    Re: We need Pyhllis.
    Ona34

Believe it or not a step parent is deeply effected by their step childs death. They spend a lot of time with their step child and learn to love them as much as a bio parent does. If you have never walked in the steps of a person that lost a step child then you cannot know how the step parent feels an mourns.
    I know because I have walked in the shoes of a step parent that lost a step child and believe me them dying can tear your world apart

#92   2013/11/24 02:36PM
    Savoy

Quote LaBrae: I have to say we actually don't need Phyllis. All it takes is for writers to create interesting SLs, and this show will be fine. There was a time years ago when Phyllis was my favorite character, but over the years she's been so annoying...I just don't miss her. Another thing is it was Michelle Stafford's choice to leave, and I have a strong feeling if they recast the role a large number fans aren't going to be satisfied.

So i'm actually okay without Phyllis, because she really isn't a needed character for stories to move forward.

IA, Phyllis hasn't driven any s/l's for years, the show is thriving without the presence of the character.

#93   2013/11/24 03:10PM
    pgl35

Thriving? LOL , I have never seen this show so tedious and boring. No one on this show now has the ability to bring it like MS and Phyllis did..we need Phyllis back the show is dying without her. Even with a recast, Phyllis is very much needed and lots of people think the same thing.

#94   2013/11/24 03:13PM
    yandrfan99

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote yandrfan99:
    Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote ajsp35801: Actually, we DON'T need Phyllis. The stories have not suffered in her absence...and neither has the ratings.

you write nothing but the truth..

hopefully, the writers will just kill her off offscreen then we can get a scene of jack telling summer...
    jack is one of the best male criers on the show.

I agree I don't think Phyllis is needed in GC at all. The ratings haven't changed and the s/l's are the same as when She was in GC nothing has changed and she is not missed. I do think it is time for her to be killed off. This coma thing is just a waist of time.

Speak for yourself.

I am.

#95   2013/11/24 03:27PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote pgl35: Thriving? LOL , I have never seen this show so tedious and boring. No one on this show now has the ability to bring it like MS and Phyllis did..we need Phyllis back the show is dying without her. Even with a recast, Phyllis is very much needed and lots of people think the same thing.

LOL thriving is an overstatement, that is for sure.

#96   2013/11/24 03:39PM
    Savoy

The show is thriving, they are maintaining their market shares in the rating's. The show has moved on from Phyllis. If Phyllis was so integral to the show, they would have done whatever necessary to keep the character viable.

#97   2013/11/24 03:46PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Savoy: The show is thriving, they are maintaining their market shares in the rating's. The show has moved on from Phyllis. If Phyllis was so integral to the show, they would have done whatever necessary to keep the character viable.

The show obviously has gone on without Phyllis. I don't think they should recast her, but I think the show is lacking without her type of female character. Characters like Avery and Leslie just don't cut the mustard for me. I would love to see someone with fire.

ETA: The ratings are the same as they were under MAB generally, so I guess it is up to you to say if that is thriving.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/24 03:46PM
    #98   2013/11/24 03:56PM
    calliope

[quote]Quote Sunnyflower: [quote]Quote Savoy: The show is thriving, they are maintaining their market shares in the rating's. The show has moved on from Phyllis. If Phyllis was so integral to the show, they would have done whatever necessary to keep the character viable.[/quote]

The show obviously has gone on without Phyllis. I don't think they should recast her, but I think the show is lacking without her type of female character. Characters like Avery and Leslie just don't cut the mustard for me. I would love to see someone with fire.

ETA: The ratings are the same as they were under MAB generally, so I guess it is up to you to say if that is thriving.[/quote

This is true. I would love Phyllis to be back to expose Sharon but overall it is not especially the character of Phyllis. We need a woman to be out there, outspoken and not afraid to take chances. The closest we have to that now is Gloria! every woman on this show, maybe not Hillary she may have potential, is tedious and meh!

#99   2013/11/24 04:23PM
    Savoy

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Savoy: The show is thriving, they are maintaining their market shares in the rating's. The show has moved on from Phyllis. If Phyllis was so integral to the show, they would have done whatever necessary to keep the character viable.

ETA: The ratings are the same as they were under MAB generally, so I guess it is up to you to say if that is thriving.

They have moved on from the character, I'm really enjoying Hilary whom I think fills the vixen role nicely. The rating's under MAB dipped to a 2.9 a few times, I haven't seen the rating's falling that low under this regime yet. So they are thriving, Les Moonves commented on the show being profitable now, it's all about the market shares with how much money they are making with them.

#100   2013/11/24 04:26PM
    vet1983

Quote yandrfan99:
    Quote valleycliffe:
    Quote ajsp35801: Actually, we DON'T need Phyllis. The stories have not suffered in her absence...and neither has the ratings.

you write nothing but the truth..

hopefully, the writers will just kill her off offscreen then we can get a scene of jack telling summer...
    jack is one of the best male criers on the show.

I agree I don't think Phyllis is needed in GC at all. The ratings haven't changed and the s/l's are the same as when She was in GC nothing has changed and she is not missed. I do think it is time for her to be killed off. This coma thing is just a waist of time.

Sorry as long as Summer is in GC Phyllis is needed. She is missed by her fans that's all that matters

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list