List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Writers you ruining Adam!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Writers you ruining Adam!

Started by Barbyboo at 2013/11/21 05:10AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/25 01:45PM, Views: 1547, Replies: 35
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/11/21 05:13PM
    Re: Writers you ruining Adam!
    LaBrae

Quote Barbyboo:
    Quote Sinny: He is a big fat bore.. Not an Adam fan anymore.. Phelps and her writing team don't have a clue how to write any of the characters.

It's the writers it's not the sexy guys fault

Now that's something we must remember regarding ALL of the these characters. Its all in the writing.

#22   2013/11/21 05:14PM
    Gemini50

The Adam character was ruined long ago as a poster stated on this thread. The homosexual lie with Raffe, the purple dress, Patty Williams, buring the fetus, switching Faith
    to Ashley, etc. He was one dimensional then and was fired but someone went to bat for him and gave him new life.
    The con did not destroy this character. In fact it gave Adam another dimension and life that was badly needed. Ask yourself how long could he continue doing all these bad things (which he is still paying for today) before getting seriously axed. Thanks the con story he got to stay. A brilliant move in my opinion. I agree JFP has made him a dummy but she is the dummy pulling for her fav not for anyone else on this soap. He can still be a greatfather and husband and still have the character we all love. The narky remarks, the loner, the unacepted one. I believe he is finally accepting himself. The writers are to blame along with JFP. It occurred to me that the PTB stole Adams story or copied it to get Dylan in as the main man (talk about one dimensional and boring). Adam is the outcast Victor's son and Dylan will be the outcast Nikki's son. Somehow I doubt JFP will have Dylan as outcasAdam... At least Adam has come to terms about his father and what is and always has been important to him, love and acceptance
    self respect and family. Adam will be the snarky Adam again
    but for now he is truly becoming a stronger character and man, at least if the writers' write it well and stop with the moping. Adam has always done that from way back. He wants to be loved and accepted at least now he knows he has to love himself first. I hope this Delia story improves the character and gives it depth and substance. If you notice JFP is trying to do this will the the characters, same story but different players. JFP is boring and should be fired asap. Again, the beautiful burnett doe eyed con is not to blame for Adam's problems. she married the problems and had to deal with the devil.

#23   2013/11/21 05:18PM
    LaBrae

Quote weatherholt3:
    Quote greengrass: The writers aren't just ruining Adam they are ruining every character on that show.

I'm with you the only things that is similar is Victor and Jack hate for each other

Exactly! And thats duller than dishwater. Very bored with the Newman VS Abbott stories.

Atleast back in the 90s, the stories actually had interesting stories. Now the SLs just lag on, it feels like very little goes on witin and episode.

#24   2013/11/21 05:30PM
    jorie

Quote ajsp35801: Adam was ruined years ago...when he dressed and Sabrina and threw that fetus in the fire...he was over then!

Adam is being redeemed/humanized that's why ADAM HAS TO GO THROUGH THIS PAINFYL JOURNEY ABOUT LOSS FEAR AND GROWTH.MM'S WORDS I'M GLAD,And just b/c he'll be humanized doesn't mean he can't be tough and sarcastic ,and take his father down ,and be a better father AND husband than his father ever was ,I luv him with CONNOR and Chelsea, Ieven enjoyed his scenes with Connor and Vikki (Fridays)today.

#25   2013/11/21 05:33PM
    jorie

Quote ladycam:
    Quote TowerOfBabble:
    Quote ajsp35801: Adam was ruined years ago...when he dressed and Sabrina and threw that fetus in the fire...he was over then!

ITA...the writers made a big goof there...there is no coming back for a character who throws a baby in the fireplace.

Well if he was ruin and had no fans they would have gotten rid of him long ago. Like Sheila,Ryder,Daisy, and some many that was waste with bad writing. Adam has fans and haters like many character on Y&R and so they write for him. MM didn't wear the purple dress it CE the first Adam. To each their own forgive the character or hate him. He has enough fans that they keep writing for him

that's why his numbers keep going up since this storyline started we love him and I love that they're turning him into a better person,

#26   2013/11/21 05:39PM
    jorie

Quote Gemini50: The Adam character was ruined long ago as a poster stated on this thread. The homosexual lie with Raffe, the purple dress, Patty Williams, buring the fetus, switching Faith
    to Ashley, etc. He was one dimensional then and was fired but someone went to bat for him and gave him new life.
    The con did not destroy this character. In fact it gave Adam another dimension and life that was badly needed. Ask yourself how long could he continue doing all these bad things (which he is still paying for today) before getting seriously axed. Thanks the con story he got to stay. A brilliant move in my opinion. I agree JFP has made him a dummy but she is the dummy pulling for her fav not for anyone else on this soap. He can still be a greatfather and husband and still have the character we all love. The narky remarks, the loner, the unacepted one. I believe he is finally accepting himself. The writers are to blame along with JFP. It occurred to me that the PTB stole Adams story or copied it to get Dylan in as the main man (talk about one dimensional and boring). Adam is the outcast Victor's son and Dylan will be the outcast Nikki's son. Somehow I doubt JFP will have Dylan as outcasAdam... At least Adam has come to terms about his father and what is and always has been important to him, love and acceptance
    but for now he is truly becoming a stronger character and man, at least if the writers' write it well and stop with the moping. Adam has always done that from way back. He wants to be loved and accepted at least now he knows he has to love himself first. I hope this Delia story improves the character and gives it depth and substance. If you notice JFP is trying to do this will the the characters, same story but different players. JFP is boring and should be fired asap. Again, the beautiful burnett doe eyed con is not to blame for Adam's problems. she married the problems and had to deal with the devil.

I luv that they're humanizing him.doesn't mean he can' be snarky .

#27   2013/11/21 05:39PM
    jorie

Quote Gemini50: The Adam character was ruined long ago as a poster stated on this thread. The homosexual lie with Raffe, the purple dress, Patty Williams, buring the fetus, switching Faith

#28   2013/11/21 05:49PM
    ladycam

Chelsea had her own problem when she got with Adam. Her raping Billy is disgusting to many.Also her accusing him of rape after being the rapist also made some sick. And sleeping with Dylan while she was pregnant for another man didn't do her character any favors. MAB tried to redeem both of them at the same time and many fell in love with the pairing. Maybe Shadam fans blame blame Chelsea for Adam's problem. For me it's writers because Chelsea annoys me also. It's being one year and her dialogues are repetitive I can't even stand to look at her anymore. First the miscarriage, then the paternity lie and now it's Delia.Each time she has the same lines over and over again. While I can stand Adam's constant doom and gloom after all he's my favorite. Adding Chelsea and the repetitive lines makes it worse for me. To Chelsea fans am sure they don't care that she repeats they just love the character.JMHO

#29   2013/11/21 05:51PM
    Ona34

Quote jorie:

We know that Adam didn't kill Delia. He thinks he does but if they are humanizing him then why doesn't he go to the authorities telling them he THINKS he killed Delia. If he being humanized he would have already admitted it instead of putting Billy and Chloe thru pure hell wanting to know who killed their daughter. We know they will prove he didn't do it but to me in order for Adam to be humanized he has to admit to the authorities what he thinks.

#30   2013/11/21 06:03PM
    Bebenette

I totally agree. Adam used to be a dynamic character. Now he is mopey boring and weak. He used to have such passion and fire. He needs to get away from Chelsea. She seems to put him to sleep. Adam needs to be back with Sharon so he can find his passion and his fire again.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list