List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: rant of the day/ reality of the soaps

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

rant of the day/ reality of the soaps

Started by clanw at 2007/10/27 02:17PM
    Latest post: 2007/10/27 08:36PM, Views: 398, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2007/10/27 02:17PM
    rant of the day/ reality of the soaps
    clanw

Hello, I'm here to let out a rant. Reality CHeck Folks.

On aleast half dozen threads, I've been hearing, "If the show doesn't maek Summer Jack's daughter I'll stop watching," or "If Gloria doesn't get caught soon, I'll stop watching" Believe me I was oen of them, but yet I'm still a viewer. Is it rage, or is it instinct. WHy do we make open threats. The writer knows that we won't do it. I now people who stay true to their word and then their us who don't. Example is Summer's paternity. Some want it to be Nick's while some want it to be Jacks. me personaly want it to be Nicks. THey made it that way, and I hate when soaps change apternity, on every freeken child born on the hsow. pretty soon Fen will turn out to be Paul's son and not Michaels. the question is, what will we the viewrs do?, will we let these writers walk all over us, creating a wall of storylins that make us wanna scream. ethier way someone is going to be upset. Instead of hsowing anger, sit back and enjoy the show.

Thanks folks for listening to my rant,a nd ahve a great day

#2   2007/10/27 02:20PM
    Re: rant of the day/ reality of the soaps
    EmeraldEyes

Quote clanw: Hello, I'm here to let out a rant. Reality CHeck Folks.

On aleast half dozen threads, I've been hearing, "If the show doesn't maek Summer Jack's daughter I'll stop watching," or "If Gloria doesn't get caught soon, I'll stop watching" Believe me I was oen of them, but yet I'm still a viewer. Is it rage, or is it instinct. WHy do we make open threats. The writer knows that we won't do it. I now people who stay true to their word and then their us who don't. Example is Summer's paternity. Some want it to be Nick's while some want it to be Jacks. me personaly want it to be Nicks. THey made it that way, and I hate when soaps change apternity, on every freeken child born on the hsow. pretty soon Fen will turn out to be Paul's son and not Michaels. the question is, what will we the viewrs do?, will we let these writers walk all over us, creating a wall of storylins that make us wanna scream. ethier way someone is going to be upset. Instead of hsowing anger, sit back and enjoy the show.

Thanks folks for listening to my rant,a nd ahve a great day

Did you ever think those posters were ranting when they posted those types of posts?!

#3   2007/10/27 02:24PM
    taxman

:shrugging shoulders: Not sure? Maybe it's easier to complain then do something?
    I've REALLY tried to not "complain" about the crap you have no control over.....I said tried.

#4   2007/10/27 02:39PM
    calliope

It's all just fiction! I have been a viewer since day one, get upset with s/l but always get sucked back in!

#5   2007/10/27 02:46PM
    Eppy

I get very upset with the dopey storylines sometimes and just groan and bang my head at some of this stuff, but I still come back hoping it will begin to make sense someday! And, I love the character's and the acting (altho, they have changed the character's personalities to the point where some of them are unrecognizible). I don't think I'd stop watching unless they feature the character of Phyllis even more than they do now. That's where I think I'd draw the line!!

#6   2007/10/27 02:55PM
    Gwyn

Quote Eppy: I get very upset with the dopey storylines sometimes and just groan and bang my head at some of this stuff, but I still come back hoping it will begin to make sense someday! And, I love the character's and the acting (altho, they have changed the character's personalities to the point where some of them are unrecognizible). I don't think I'd stop watching unless they feature the character of Phyllis even more than they do now. That's where I think I'd draw the line!!

Have to disagree with you about Phyllis. She makes the show interesting. She and Nick are great together.

#7   2007/10/27 02:58PM
    Eppy

Quote Gwyn:
    Quote Eppy: I get very upset with the dopey storylines sometimes and just groan and bang my head at some of this stuff, but I still come back hoping it will begin to make sense someday! And, I love the character's and the acting (altho, they have changed the character's personalities to the point where some of them are unrecognizible). I don't think I'd stop watching unless they feature the character of Phyllis even more than they do now. That's where I think I'd draw the line!!

Have to disagree with you about Phyllis. She makes the show interesting. She and Nick are great together.
    Not for me - obviously. Anymore Phyllis screen time would drive me up the wall. More Phyllis means less for many of the others I like!!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/10/27 02:59PM
    #8   2007/10/27 03:04PM
    Gwyn

Why is it that no one likes Phyllis?

#9   2007/10/27 03:11PM
    pussykat

Quote Gwyn: Why is it that no one likes Phyllis?

I love Phyllis....she is the main reason I watch...I think she is fantastic...and I love her with Nick.

#10   2007/10/27 03:15PM
    Eppy

Quote Gwyn: Why is it that no one likes Phyllis?
    I think a lot of people like Phyllis. I like Phyllis to a point, but like I said, I think alot of people feel that in order to feature Phyllis so much, many of the other charcters and S/L are pushed to the back burner, mostly the Veteran characters.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list