List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Jess Walton says SHE created Cane! HER idea!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jess Walton says SHE created Cane! HER idea!

Started by sabiney at 2013/11/12 05:28PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/18 12:26PM, Views: 3840, Replies: 49
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2013/11/13 04:42PM
    Re: Jess Walton says SHE created Cane! HER idea!
    Sunnyflower

Quote sabiney: In today's Live Video Chat, Jess Walton took credit for Cane!

Jess says Cane was all HER idea. Cane was her own brain child.

Jess Walton created Cane. She pitched the idea of Cane to the Executive Producer and Y&R Writers.

They all loved her ideas & quickly got on board. Jess had input in the whole storyline.

Thanks for nothing Jess!

#22   2013/11/13 05:11PM
    TowerOfBabble

I try hard to not be a selfish viewer...that means I don't ask for characters to be thrown out, nor hate writers or the occassional actor who creates one., like Jess did.

The reason I don't do that, is because, God help me...lots of people LOVE Lane! Lane bores me to tears!

And *Shudder, some viewers LOVE Adam...has the world gone MAD? But they do!

So Jess Walton, if you ever lower yourself to read silly MBs...I don't like Cane really, but I wont hold that against you. (Mainly because the scenes of you and Colin were priceless!)

T

#23   2013/11/13 06:15PM
    Jackie10

Quote Ona34: Michael Mulhney said on twitter that he had to thank Sharon Case for coming up with the character of Adam.. She pitched the idea to MAB and she loved it. Then MAB decided to write a s/l for Sharon and Adam and SC had made a request that she wanted more screen time. Therefore Adam was created. SC verified it.

No MM thanked Sharon for talking him into coming back after he left the soap. The writers wanted him back and he wasnt going to come back but Sharon helped them convince him to return. MM and SC pitched Shadam to MAB and she ran with it.

#24   2013/11/13 08:21PM
    Sinny

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote sabiney: In today's Live Video Chat, Jess Walton took credit for Cane!

Jess says Cane was all HER idea. Cane was her own brain child.

Jess Walton created Cane. She pitched the idea of Cane to the Executive Producer and Y&R Writers.

They all loved her ideas & quickly got on board. Jess had input in the whole storyline.

Thanks for nothing Jess!

LMAo teeehee even

#25   2013/11/13 09:46PM
    cowmoofia

Quote aussieoi: Question: Do you ever get to come up with plot or storyline?

Jess Walton: I have! The Cane storyline, actually.

MTS: It's yours?

Jess Walton: I came up with the storyline that she [Katherine] had stolen Phillip. Phillip wasn't really dead, she had stolen that baby. That's how we came up with Cane and that whole thing! I read it to the Producer at the time who said OH MY GOD I LOVE IT SO MUCH she pitched it immediately and she came back an hour later saying everybody loved it! And that's how the whole Cane thing came to be.

It was a brilliant idea! Ms Walton is a very talented writer! Bravo!

#26   2013/11/13 10:33PM
    Ona34

Not what I read

#27   2013/11/14 02:39AM
    Sinny

Quote cowmoofia:
    Quote aussieoi: Question: Do you ever get to come up with plot or storyline?

Jess Walton: I have! The Cane storyline, actually.

MTS: It's yours?

Jess Walton: I came up with the storyline that she [Katherine] had stolen Phillip. Phillip wasn't really dead, she had stolen that baby. That's how we came up with Cane and that whole thing! I read it to the Producer at the time who said OH MY GOD I LOVE IT SO MUCH she pitched it immediately and she came back an hour later saying everybody loved it! And that's how the whole Cane thing came to be.

It was a brilliant idea! Ms Walton is a very talented writer! Bravo!
    Cane is such a creep..

#28   2013/11/14 01:30PM
    ajsp35801

Quote aussieoi: Jess runs through her favorite men to work with.

Peter -- Familiar with his rhythm.

Eric -- He made it so safe to cry with him. He was great. Jill & Victor had a love story once.

Devon -- She loves to work with him. So soulful, she just stares into his eyes. He's so right there with her.

Daniel Goddard -- She had this amazing AMAZING connection with him, from the moment they met, they have this sympatico, he reminds Jess of her own son's energy.

Doug Davidson & Christian -- They always make her laugh.

Greg -- She loves Greg!

Jerry Douglass - They laughed the whole time.

Jeanne Cooper, she is so iconoclastic, both Jess & MTS miss her a lot.

I can see all this happening...I find myself looking into Devon's eyes also when he is on screen. BJ is a very good dramatic actor.

Crying with EB...I don't remember Jill every crying with Victor.

#29   2013/11/14 01:33PM
    ajsp35801

Quote Soap Fan: Jess didn't say a single thing about Billy Miller , David Tom are Thom Beiz? They all played her on screen sons too WOW.

TB and DT are not currently on the show so I can see her not mentioning them. But to omit BM...makes you wonder...and I know I shouldn't type this but I will anyways...makes you wonder if that is why Billy and Jill never get scenes because she prefers to work with DG. Well, I hope her love of working with BJ means more airtime for them together. I would love that. Devon needs a mother like figure to interfere in his business the way that we know Dru would have. I think that would make a big difference in his story.

#30   2013/11/14 01:38PM
    ajsp35801

Quote Lady53:
    Quote Ona34: Michael Mulhney said on twitter that he had to thank Sharon Case for coming up with the character of Adam.. She pitched the idea to MAB and she loved it. Then MAB decided to write a s/l for Sharon and Adam and SC had made a request that she wanted more screen time. Therefore Adam was created. SC verified it.

Yeah I saw that too, but MAB wasn't even around when Hope had Victor Adam Newman in 1995 and as we all know characters on soaps have kids all the time and we rarely see them then in most cases not at all after they start school. Then boom they show up in their late teens or after college to take their rightful place in the fabric of the family they were born into. So Adam was bound to become a part of GC and the Newman family and for the first year and a half he didn't even interact with Sharon. So I don't believe Sharon came up with the CHARACTER, confirmation on her part or not. JMHO

Adam was not bound to become a part of the show...I cite Keemo Abbot and Scotty Baldwin as exhibit A and B. I won't rule out that Sharon was the catalyst that brought Adam on as an adult because it took them a while to have alot of story together. Many writers will introduce a character with one story before introducing them to where they are intended. Of course I am playing devil's advocate to my own opinion by saying that MAB was not the best at this.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list