List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Jess Walton says SHE created Cane! HER idea!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Jess Walton says SHE created Cane! HER idea!

Started by sabiney at 2013/11/12 05:28PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/18 12:26PM, Views: 3870, Replies: 49
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #11   2013/11/12 07:38PM
    Re: Jess Walton says SHE created Cane! HER idea!
    aussieoi

Quote Gracewashere: So why is Jess Walton saying this now???

Jess & MTS were asked a question about if they ever had input into their storylines, MTS said no, none, but Jess Walton said yes, she came up with the Cane story, it was her idea that Katherine switched babies when her son was born. Jess pitched her idea to one of the writers and the Producer, they met after an hour, and the Producer came back and said they loved it, and that's how Cane was added to the show as Jill's son. Jess felt a instant connection to Daniel Goddard who she describes is like her real son.

#12   2013/11/12 07:40PM
    TowerOfBabble

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote sabiney: In today's Live Video Chat, Jess Walton took credit for Cane!

Jess says Cane was all HER idea. Cane was her own brain child.

Jess Walton created Cane. She pitched the idea of Cane to the Executive Producer and Y&R Writers.

They all loved her ideas & quickly got on board. Jess had input in the whole storyline.

So that is her fault., shame on her.

Wow!!! well good on her for owning up to it...so she "wanted" another son, Billy was not good enough for her??? yes indeed "shame on her"...

she has never been a good mom to Billy.. I really despise the Cane character and now not loving Jess.. this is HER fault

You are aware that Jess is not Jill??? You seem to be blurring the line between the two with this comment.

Fancy now disliking an actress now because a character was her idea! .

#13   2013/11/12 07:48PM
    aussieoi

Jess runs through her favorite men to work with.

Peter -- Familiar with his rhythm.

Eric -- He made it so safe to cry with him. He was great. Jill & Victor had a love story once.

Devon -- She loves to work with him. So soulful, she just stares into his eyes. He's so right there with her.

Daniel Goddard -- She had this amazing AMAZING connection with him, from the moment they met, they have this sympatico, he reminds Jess of her own son's energy.

Doug Davidson & Christian -- They always make her laugh.

Greg -- She loves Greg!

Jerry Douglass - They laughed the whole time.

Jeanne Cooper, she is so iconoclastic, both Jess & MTS miss her a lot.

#14   2013/11/12 07:54PM
    aussieoi

Question: Do you ever get to come up with plot or storyline?

Jess Walton: I have! The Cane storyline, actually.

MTS: It's yours?

Jess Walton: I came up with the storyline that she [Katherine] had stolen Phillip. Phillip wasn't really dead, she had stolen that baby. That's how we came up with Cane and that whole thing! I read it to the Producer at the time who said OH MY GOD I LOVE IT SO MUCH she pitched it immediately and she came back an hour later saying everybody loved it! And that's how the whole Cane thing came to be.

#15   2013/11/12 07:56PM
    aussieoi

Melody Thomas Scott and Jess Walton

www.dailymotion.com/video/x1748ck

Enjoy!

#16   2013/11/12 11:40PM
    sumatra

Quote aussieoi: Melody Thomas Scott and Jess Walton

www.dailymotion.com/video/x1748ck

Enjoy!

Thanks! That was a fun chat! JW and MTS are great!

#17   2013/11/13 12:39AM
    Ona34

Michael Mulhney said on twitter that he had to thank Sharon Case for coming up with the character of Adam.. She pitched the idea to MAB and she loved it. Then MAB decided to write a s/l for Sharon and Adam and SC had made a request that she wanted more screen time. Therefore Adam was created. SC verified it.

#18   2013/11/13 02:06AM
    Sinny

Quote TowerOfBabble:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote sabiney: In today's Live Video Chat, Jess Walton took credit for Cane!

Jess says Cane was all HER idea. Cane was her own brain child.

Jess Walton created Cane. She pitched the idea of Cane to the Executive Producer and Y&R Writers.

They all loved her ideas & quickly got on board. Jess had input in the whole storyline.

So that is her fault., shame on her.

Wow!!! well good on her for owning up to it...so she "wanted" another son, Billy was not good enough for her??? yes indeed "shame on her"...

she has never been a good mom to Billy.. I really despise the Cane character and now not loving Jess.. this is HER fault

You are aware that Jess is not Jill??? You seem to be blurring the line between the two with this comment.

Fancy now disliking an actress now because a character was her idea! .

Yes I am quite aware thanks. I am not blurring the lines at all. Jess said it was her idea for Cane. That is what I don't like. CANE and since it was Jess who gave that idea.. I am not loving her so much .. fancy that..

#19   2013/11/13 01:31PM
    Soap Fan

Jess didn't say a single thing about Billy Miller , David Tom are Thom Beiz? They all played her on screen sons too WOW.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/13 01:34PM
    #20   2013/11/13 03:26PM
    Lady53

Quote Ona34: Michael Mulhney said on twitter that he had to thank Sharon Case for coming up with the character of Adam.. She pitched the idea to MAB and she loved it. Then MAB decided to write a s/l for Sharon and Adam and SC had made a request that she wanted more screen time. Therefore Adam was created. SC verified it.

Yeah I saw that too, but MAB wasn't even around when Hope had Victor Adam Newman in 1995 and as we all know characters on soaps have kids all the time and we rarely see them then in most cases not at all after they start school. Then boom they show up in their late teens or after college to take their rightful place in the fabric of the family they were born into. So Adam was bound to become a part of GC and the Newman family and for the first year and a half he didn't even interact with Sharon. So I don't believe Sharon came up with the CHARACTER, confirmation on her part or not. JMHO

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list