List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Peanut's Name?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Peanut's Name?

Started by FL senior fan at 2013/11/11 11:54AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/12 12:22PM, Views: 2198, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/11/11 12:47PM
    Re: Peanut's Name?
    ajsp35801

Quote hubbardfan: 'Connor' is still inappropriate! The name should be changed to AJ or something other than Connor. I don't blame Adam for not calling him that...that was the name CHELSEA gave him!

Chelsea was, is, and always will be Connor's mother. No man should have the right to change a name she gave him! What is the world coming to when someone thinks that a man has more right to name a child than the woman that carried and nurtured her/him in her own body! The misogyny on this board just slays me! Sad part is that it is mostly perpetrated by women!

#12   2013/11/11 12:55PM
    hubbardfan

GMAB, calm down, and stop taking my words out of context! I just think IF Chelsea had told the truth to begin with, they BOTH could have decided on a name for Peanut; NOWHERE did I say Adam had more right to name the baby than Chelsea...she and DYLAN came up w/that name; Adam was deprived of any input! This is a chance for them now to come up w/a name they both find acceptable; but I doubt that will happen now, since the writers have moved on past that. I'll think of him as AJ rather than Connor, whether they actually change his name or not!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/11 12:58PM
    #13   2013/11/11 01:01PM
    countryMomof4

I could see them changing his first name since he goes by his middle name of Connor. Besides, IMO, CONnor is very appropriate for their child.

I love hearing Adam call him "peanut" that is what my late father called me.

#14   2013/11/11 02:54PM
    ajsp35801

Quote hubbardfan: GMAB, calm down, and stop taking my words out of context! I just think IF Chelsea had told the truth to begin with, they BOTH could have decided on a name for Peanut; NOWHERE did I say Adam had more right to name the baby than Chelsea...she and DYLAN came up w/that name; Adam was deprived of any input! This is a chance for them now to come up w/a name they both find acceptable; but I doubt that will happen now, since the writers have moved on past that. I'll think of him as AJ rather than Connor, whether they actually change his name or not!

The easiest way to ensure that readers don't misunderstanding your meaning is to add context to it, which you did not do. Actually, you did. You take umbrage with Chelsea naming her own child. I could see if you had said it was a name dylan gave the baby. But you didn't. You said Chelsea. As if there is a problem with Chelsea naming her child. Input or no input from Adam, Chelsea has a right to name her kid. And Adam should not be dictating to her at this point in time what the child's name will be as if she doesn't matter, regardless of her lying. That is still her child.

#15   2013/11/11 05:52PM
    restless2

Hopefully, after this hit & run is over, Victor, Jr. will be able to focus on Baby Newman and change his name.

#16   2013/11/11 06:31PM
    Sylviastel

Quote restless2: Hopefully, after this hit & run is over, Victor, Jr. will be able to focus on Baby Newman and change his name.

Conner is a fine name. I think Adam other things on his mind right now!

#17   2013/11/11 08:17PM
    jorie

Quote Mich921:
    Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote jorie:
    Quote ajsp35801: The child's name should remain Connor IMO. Now if they want to change his last name or middle name. Fine. But the fan's know him as Connor. Leave it.

Connor is his middle name , Terrence is is his first name.DYLAN'S adopted father WAS CALLED Terry.they could drop Terrence and name him CONNOR ADAMS NEWMAN,ADAMS WAS Hopes birth name .

That's true. I stand corrected. At the end of the day whatever the kid's birth certificate says, he should still be refered to as Connor.

I really just wish he would stop calling him peanut! lol

why ?its sweet ,its probably Michael calling him Peanut ,THE Twins names are BRADY AND COOPER FRIEDMAN.

#18   2013/11/11 10:40PM
    REDMIDGET

Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote hubbardfan: 'Connor' is still inappropriate! The name should be changed to AJ or something other than Connor. I don't blame Adam for not calling him that...that was the name CHELSEA gave him!

Chelsea was, is, and always will be Connor's mother. No man should have the right to change a name she gave him! What is the world coming to when someone thinks that a man has more right to name a child than the woman that carried and nurtured her/him in her own body! The misogyny on this board just slays me! Sad part is that it is mostly perpetrated by women!

Didn't Dylan name him. I thought Dylan said he wanted to name him after his father and Chelsea went a long with it, I really think it was Dylan who ask Chelsea to name him after his dad,

#19   2013/11/12 03:11AM
    FL senior fan

Quote countryMomof4: I could see them changing his first name since he goes by his middle name of Connor. Besides, IMO, CONnor is very appropriate for their child.

I love hearing Adam call him "peanut" that is what my late father called me.

-----------
    AGREE, calling a little baby Peanut seems so sweet...I like it too. Calling one Sweetpea is cute to (I've heard that one also) So, when he grows up and says "where did you get my name from", she'll say...oh, my former husband's father??

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/12 03:12AM
    #20   2013/11/12 06:59AM
    alanadz

Connor is still his name. I don't think they will change it.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list