List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: I think Hllary should have been cast as Mariah

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I think Hllary should have been cast as Mariah

Started by bern916 at 2013/11/10 05:37AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/11 04:30PM, Views: 4476, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2013/11/10 05:37AM
    I think Hllary should have been cast as Mariah
    bern916

If this ex-fiance of Tyler's makes it to Genoa City, it should have been cast as the actress who plays Hillary. Tyler is one good-looking, sexy guy - i love his character. And Hillary is just well, amazingly beautiful. The two of them together would have been perfect!

In my opinion, Hillary's character was a waste - fans dislike the character ... hard to come back from that. Tyler and Abby have zero chemistry - they are trying really hard but it's a stretch for me to believe them as a couple. Putting Tyler with someone like "Hillary" would have been pure gold and made way more sense. I can already imagine the chemistry these two would have had. But unfortuately .... too late for that now ...

Anyone else share my thought?

#2   2013/11/10 05:48AM
    Re: I think Hllary should have been cast as Mariah
    dairymaid

Quote bern916: If this ex-fiance of Tyler's makes it to Genoa City, it should have been cast as the actress who plays Hillary. Tyler is one good-looking, sexy guy - i love his character. And Hillary is just well, amazingly beautiful. The two of them together would have been perfect!

In my opinion, Hillary's character was a waste - fans dislike the character ... hard to come back from that. Tyler and Abby have zero chemistry - they are trying really hard but it's a stretch for me to believe them as a couple. Putting Tyler with someone like "Hillary" would have been pure gold and made way more sense. I can already imagine the chemistry these two would have had. But unfortuately .... too late for that now ...

Anyone else share my thought?

Bern916: I somewhat agree with you. But, I am still trying to figure out where the writers were going when Hillary first showed up! At first, I thought that she was related to Leslie and Tyler because of their father's connection to Hillary's mother, Rose. But, the storyline became more and more confusing when Neil was placed into the mix. Yes, they should have brought this actress who is gorgeous on as Tyler's fiancée instead. But, I am sure that more will come on the situations and that Hillary is here to stay at least for awhile working for Jack.

#3   2013/11/10 04:40PM
    ajsp35801

I disagree that MM should have played Mariah. For one, not ,any viewers want to watch two new characters not connected to core families interact. Who would care about Tyler and his fiancée when people barely care about Tyler. Just no. Besides, Abby doesn't stand a chance against Hilary. No one in their right mind would believe that Tyler would choose Abby over Hilary. Abby doesn't hold a candle to her.

And it seems to me that Hilary was well received despite her stupid story. There are quite a few on this board who find her very interesting and want her around.

I think that the writers did well in bringing her in involved with core characters who are veterans. The story was just crap.

#4   2013/11/11 03:26PM
    alanadz

Maybe. I feel bad for the actress because the think the writers wrote her into a corner.

#5   2013/11/11 03:39PM
    ajsp35801

Quote alanadz: Maybe. I feel bad for the actress because the think the writers wrote her into a corner.

I disagree. If a viewer can tolerate Adam Newman, then no one is written into a corner. Especially when there were no lasting effects for their actions. Hilary did not succeed, unlike Adam.

#6   2013/11/11 04:11PM
    alanadz

Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote alanadz: Maybe. I feel bad for the actress because the think the writers wrote her into a corner.

I disagree. If a viewer can tolerate Adam Newman, then no one is written into a corner. Especially when there were no lasting effects for their actions. Hilary did not succeed, unlike Adam.

One has nothing to do with the other. Dylan is also the victim of very poor writing.

#7   2013/11/11 04:24PM
    ajsp35801

Quote alanadz:
    Quote ajsp35801:

One has nothing to do with the other. Dylan is also the victim of very poor writing.

Of course one has to do with the other. You claim the writers wrote Hilary into a corner. This means that the writers have put the character in a position where they can only go one way with him/her and that is off the show. Usually this happens when characters commit crimes like murder where jail time MUST be meted out. So the character has to go. They can't be redeemed. Hilary is not to that point, but Adam has been on more than one occasion yet there he is still on the show. Hilary hasn't done close to what Adam had, so I think she is still very viable. If viewers can forgive Adam, then they can forgive Hilary.

#8   2013/11/11 04:30PM
    hopey pix

You are right about Hilary!More and more she's been written into a corner,and Mason just creeps me out the way he's eyeing up Devon!!No good can come of that!Tyler and Hilary would be better,as this Abby isn't a very good actress at all!!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list