List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: These lame sauna scenes.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

These lame sauna scenes.

Started by Sinny at 2013/11/08 03:26AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/08 01:11PM, Views: 1520, Replies: 38
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/11/08 04:20AM
    Re: These lame sauna scenes.
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sinny:
    Quote Homesick Cajun: This is what Phelps thinks we want to see. She's a navel gazer so that's her production style. Skinny women and mostly undressed men is supposed to replace good dialogue. Guess she thinks if we're distracted we won't notice.

A little bit of that goes a long way with me.

I read on another board that phelps is having this diet food shipped in and that the women have to use this diet plan.. I sure hope this is not true.. it is abusive if the truth.. but all of the women look like they have all lost weight and too much IMO. naked men are fine when there is an actual story.

It is abuse! I don't doubt it for one minute! Phelps is horrible to the women that work for her!

I have read so many things it is hard to know what is the truth.. but the overall picture is that she is a woman hater and the females on the show never look good.. they are always chasing the men and the men treat them like crap while they lap it up like starving cats. BLECK.. not what I want to see.. I like to see a few strong women and the men doing the begging not the other way around.

You won't see that, not as long as Jill Farren Phelps is the executive producer anyway. That's what I want to see too! But Phelps has to go in order for that to happen.

#12   2013/11/08 04:42AM
    Sinny

Quote Barbyboo:
    Quote Sinny: They give us these instead of good writing.. what horrible cheesy writing.. There have been so many lately that it has lost its thrill.. Adam in the middle of the day meets chavez in the sauna? how stupid.. as if.

Why would Chavez be in a sauna ? Out of character

not only that... but in the middle of the day.. in the middle of this case he is working.. such an out of place scene with such crap writing.

#13   2013/11/08 06:07AM
    J_Bosh

It's really funny how these "creative minded" writers huddle up and discuss."So Jill how do you want us to use IS and MM in a scene together". Jill replies"I know, I've got the perfect idea ,we can put them in towels in a sauna, having Adam and Alex talking about the hit and run, and the murderer who killed Delia" The writers reply" But Jill it's the middle of the afternoon in GC?" Jill replies"ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh, just do as i tell or you'll end up like JG, besides you guys know I give SB all the spotlight, why would i make Alex and Adam shine?".

Are you kidding me?

#14   2013/11/08 06:14AM
    pgl35

Quote canada gal:
    Quote Sinny: They give us these instead of good writing.. what horrible cheesy writing.. There have been so many lately that it has lost its thrill.. Adam in the middle of the day meets chavez in the sauna? how stupid.. as if.

oh man, I was thinking the same thing. LMAO, yes the writing is very lame. IT's like watching SNL, which I adore.

Do you think they are going to enlarge that sauna room so it can accommodate more naked men?

LOL CG, I could go for more Chavez he is hawt,

#15   2013/11/08 06:16AM
    pgl35

The writing is so silly I feel like they are getting their ideas from a second grader. And the way everyone is always running into each other at the park..so stupid.

#16   2013/11/08 06:17AM
    countryMomof4

I disagree. I didn't find it lame at all. Adam was thisclose to revealing himself and Chavez picked up on it. Alex isn't stupid and he knew exactly how to direct the conversation.

Both of these men are stressed due to the accident, Adam because he thinks he actually hit Dee and Alex because he so desperately wants to solve the crime. For me, it wasn't far fetched for them to go to the sauna as a way to relieve some of that stress.

#17   2013/11/08 06:21AM
    pgl35

Quote Homesick Cajun: This is what Phelps thinks we want to see. She's a navel gazer so that's her production style. Skinny women and mostly undressed men is supposed to replace good dialogue. Guess she thinks if we're distracted we won't notice.

That might work if we were all teenagers with an attention span of two minutes, but for adult people it just don't fly. If I wanted to watch that I would watch one of the 100 reality shows on tv, I want to lose myself in a good story for that hour at day. For someone who has been in the business as long as she has, she sure hasn't learned much.

#18   2013/11/08 06:22AM
    pgl35

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote canada gal:

oh man, I was thinking the same thing. LMAO, yes the writing is very lame. IT's like watching SNL, which I adore.

Do you think they are going to enlarge that sauna room so it can accommodate more naked men?

I'm just surprised Phelps didn't include Steve Burton in the sauna!

I am sure his sauna scene will be one with all the women in it telling him how gorgeous he is and how blue his eyes are..

LOL Sinny, this made me laugh..but it's true non the less..

#19   2013/11/08 06:27AM
    TwoOfEach

Quote countryMomof4: I disagree. I didn't find it lame at all. Adam was thisclose to revealing himself and Chavez picked up on it. Alex isn't stupid and he knew exactly how to direct the conversation.

Both of these men are stressed due to the accident, Adam because he thinks he actually hit Dee and Alex because he so desperately wants to solve the crime. For me, it wasn't far fetched for them to go to the sauna as a way to relieve some of that stress.

Exactly. And the sauna set is from the Bill Bell days. Brad Carlton in the sauna--yummy! Same goes for a much younger KSJ.

#20   2013/11/08 08:17AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote pgl35:

That might work if we were all teenagers with an attention span of two minutes, but for adult people it just don't fly. If I wanted to watch that I would watch one of the 100 reality shows on tv, I want to lose myself in a good story for that hour at day. For someone who has been in the business as long as she has, she sure hasn't learned much.

Just because JFP has the attention span of a mosquito she thinks we do as well.

You're right about Chavez though, if I'm forced to be a navel gazer, that's the navel I want to gaze!

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list