List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Devon

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Devon

Started by calliope at 2013/11/06 04:01PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/06 06:46PM, Views: 851, Replies: 20
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/11/06 05:44PM
    Re: Devon
    Cabo

Quote daneerose:
    Quote Cabo:
    Quote SLEUTH:
    Quote Cabo: Poor, poor, Devon..............
    Not even millions and millions of dollars can make this
    dude interesting !!!

No matter how many different writers this show has had,
    he is still the most boring charater on the show. His grandmother
    that he knew for a hot minute, left him a redicous sum of
    money............stupid writing !!!
    By the way..what happened to the "eye roll" emoticon? I feel lost without it....
    Now he is waltzing up to the bar ordering scotch, neat......
    leaving hundred dollar tips. Buying expensive gifts for a
    girlfriend that I don't even think works on the show anymore.
    GMAB with this guy......he's been an executive, a music
    producer.......with no education, hearing loss, homeless.....

Why is this guy still on the show ?!?!

Beats me, his fans can't say "bad writing" IMO they all have received their fair share of bad scripts--there is not much you could do to this self righteous character to make him likable IMO.

You are right ! They have all had their share of poor writing......
    He seems so uncomfortable all the time, to me.

Adam gets crappy s/l all the time......IT'S CALLED ACTING !!!

Goodness I had to login to answer this post. Devon/Bryton is a great actor he actually has a Emmy and your beloved Adam doesn't. You cannot compare Devon to Adam. Adam has been on two to three times a week compared to Devon being on once a month. How can he show what he can do, good script or not, if he is never seen? The times he has been on I have no complaints. To me Devon isn't boring he gets nothing at all to work with. Devon gets a girl friend but the writers don't want to give him a love life. He hasn't had a compelling story line since Dru left. I will repeat a character is only boring for two reasons. One is when they are on daily with good s/l and the audience continues not to like them. Two, if the writers refuse to write interesting s/l for them then of course people will not be interested. I hate seeing actors bashed and called boring when they get nothing compared to others on this show. Not one AA on this show has ever gotten what Adam or even Dylan gets. Dylan, now that is what you can call boring. He has been given the brass ring on this show and he is still dullen.

You say Adam is interesting. I disagree. He has two expressions neither of which I find interesting. All Adam is, is popular with the writers and some viewers. If Devon was half as popular with the writers the viewers would get interested.

We are all entitled to our opinions.........It's cool......
    So you can bash Dylan by calling him boring......???

#12   2013/11/06 05:53PM
    MsSuperSuds

dude interesting !!!

WOW! You called Devon boring! So why can't someone call Dylan boring?

#13   2013/11/06 06:00PM
    Cabo

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    dude interesting !!!

WOW! You called Devon boring! So why can't someone call Dylan boring?

Oh myyyyyy.......I was being called out for actor bashing for calling
    Devon boring........that's why I was asking THAT person why they
    were doing it........sorry. They are both boring !!! I'm out !

#14   2013/11/06 06:05PM
    daneerose

Quote Cabo:
    Quote daneerose:
    Quote Cabo:
    Quote SLEUTH:
    dude interesting !!!

By the way..what happened to the "eye roll" emoticon? I feel lost without it....

Beats me, his fans can't say "bad writing" IMO they all have received their fair share of bad scripts--there is not much you could do to this self righteous character to make him likable IMO.

Goodness I had to login to answer this post. Devon/Bryton is a great actor he actually has a Emmy and your beloved Adam doesn't. You cannot compare Devon to Adam. Adam has been on two to three times a week compared to Devon being on once a month. How can he show what he can do, good script or not, if he is never seen? The times he has been on I have no complaints. To me Devon isn't boring he gets nothing at all to work with. Devon gets a girl friend but the writers don't want to give him a love life. He hasn't had a compelling story line since Dru left. I will repeat a character is only boring for two reasons. One is when they are on daily with good s/l and the audience continues not to like them. Two, if the writers refuse to write interesting s/l for them then of course people will not be interested. I hate seeing actors bashed and called boring when they get nothing compared to others on this show. Not one AA on this show has ever gotten what Adam or even Dylan gets. Dylan, now that is what you can call boring. He has been given the brass ring on this show and he is still dullen.

You say Adam is interesting. I disagree. He has two expressions neither of which I find interesting. All Adam is, is popular with the writers and some viewers. If Devon was half as popular with the writers the viewers would get interested.

I hate seeing actors bashed and called boring when they get nothing compared to others on this show.

Please read my complete statement. When Devon(who has been on the show for 9 years) gets what Dylan(who has been on the show for 9 months) has gotten, then you can call him boring too.

A better statement should be that he doesn't interest you just as Dylan doesn't interest me no matter who's family they make him a part of.

#15   2013/11/06 06:08PM
    Pravda

Quote daneerose:
    Quote Cabo:
    Quote SLEUTH:
    dude interesting !!!

Well well well. First I am angry that Devon is so stupid that he wants to give the money away. Second, why does he not trust his dad? Neil is very shrewd and knows everything he needs to be successful. Devon's claim to fame used to be his deafness. He's not a $ex symbol but a really nice guy. I'd rather he team up with anyone but Mason. Maybe he should hook up with crazy Sharon. He needs a cougar to give him some swag.

#16   2013/11/06 06:21PM
    calliope

That is what got me too! He is sitting with his father who, as far as I can remember, has always been very smart and honest in business, and telling him maybe Victor should be the man he aligns with. He certainly knows that Victor has not always been kind to Neil or Jack. Maybe he really doesn't have the brains for that money after all!

#17   2013/11/06 06:22PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote daneerose:
    Quote Cabo:
    Quote daneerose:
    Quote Cabo:
    Quote SLEUTH:
    dude interesting !!!

I hate seeing actors bashed and called boring when they get nothing compared to others on this show.

Please read my complete statement. When Devon(who has been on the show for 9 years) gets what Dylan(who has been on the show for 9 months) has gotten, then you can call him boring too.

A better statement should be that he doesn't interest you just as Dylan doesn't interest me no matter who's family they make him a part of.

I just want to point out that both Dylan and Devon are characters on the reel scene while Steve Burton and Bryton James are the actors in real life who play these guys. So no one is bashing the actors--just the characters. There is a difference. Besides the board allows character-bashing but not actor-bashing. I definitely agree w/ Danneerose about the word "boring" being applied when it comes to the difference in screen time and storyline for each.

Neil should be Devon's mentor and financial advisor. I don't know what these dumb writers are thinking.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/06 06:26PM
    #18   2013/11/06 06:24PM
    Cabo

9 years.......9 months.........WTH !
    Boring, not boring.......it's only our opinions !
    I have been watching for 40 years.
    I regret commenting on this post.......
    No one is going to tell me what, and how to
    think ......and how to make a statement.
    Good grief !!!

#19   2013/11/06 06:28PM
    daneerose

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote daneerose:
    Quote Cabo:
    Quote daneerose:
    Quote Cabo:
    Quote SLEUTH:
    dude interesting !!!

I just want to point out that both Dylan and Devon are characters on the reel scene while Steve Burton and Bryton James are the actors in real life who play these guys. So no one is bashing the actors--just the characters. There is a difference. Besides the board allows character-bashing but not actor-bashing.

Yep! I used the wrong wording! I should have said character bashing not actor bashing. Which is why I used the characters name and not the actors. I really have no problem with bashing as long as its fair to the character. Devon shouldn't be called boring until he gets a real well written character driven story line with plenty of airtime. When he does and that flops then have at it.

#20   2013/11/06 06:32PM
    daneerose

Quote Cabo: 9 years.......9 months.........WTH !
    Boring, not boring.......it's only our opinions !
    I have been watching for 40 years.
    I regret commenting on this post.......
    No one is going to tell me what, and how to
    think ......and how to make a statement.
    Good grief !!!

Why are you getting so angry? I just disagreed with your POV. That is what posting on a MB is all about. You state your POV and I state mine and we agree to disagree. There is no way I can tell you what to think just by posting my opinion. You can read what I think and still continue to think the way you want. I meant no harm no foul!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list