List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: OT If Allowed - Lest we Forget -November 11

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

OT If Allowed - Lest we Forget -November 11

Started by Gracewashere at 2013/11/04 03:50PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/06 05:41PM, Views: 798, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/11/04 03:50PM
    OT If Allowed - Lest we Forget -November 11
    Gracewashere

I,as an older (in age) poster wanted to just put aside our differences (and we have many), just to say thanks to those who have gone before us. Join me in saying thanks and posting your thoughts. (if allowed)

I had two uncles who came ashore in Normandy many, many years ago, one uncle was at Dunkirk (the Miracle at Dunkirk) and one uncle who died as a Canadian soldier in Hong Kong, not sure they would be too proud of us here on this board at times...but nonetheless...Lest We Forget...Join Me anyone in saying thanks...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/04 03:53PM
    #2   2013/11/05 02:21PM
    Re: OT If Allowed - Lest we Forget -November 11
    alanadz

God Bless our vets!

#3   2013/11/05 02:45PM
    ajsp35801

A grandfather who served in the Korean War. And uncle who served in Vietnam. My father was drafted for Vietnam but never got to go but he still was made to serve 4 years stationed in Korea. Now I have two first cousins who have served more tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan than I care to say (the military should really restrict deployments but that is another story altogether)...

I thank all the military men and women, along with their families, for their sacrifice.

#4   2013/11/05 02:45PM
    ajsp35801

double post

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/05 02:46PM
    #5   2013/11/05 02:50PM
    alanadz

Thanks CBS and Y&R for the way you treat our Vets.

#6   2013/11/05 03:28PM
    jacksmyguy

Quote Gracewashere: I,as an older (in age) poster wanted to just put aside our differences (and we have many), just to say thanks to those who have gone before us. Join me in saying thanks and posting your thoughts. (if allowed)

I had two uncles who came ashore in Normandy many, many years ago, one uncle was at Dunkirk (the Miracle at Dunkirk) and one uncle who died as a Canadian soldier in Hong Kong, not sure they would be too proud of us here on this board at times...but nonetheless...Lest We Forget...Join Me anyone in saying thanks...

What a great idea and you're right, we don't thank those who fought for our rights near enough. My father was in Europe in World War II and my brother did a tour of duty in Viet Nam. They served their country with honor and I am very proud of both of them, just as I am of all people who serve in the armed forces, no matter what the branch of service. I also think we all need to remember those who became missing in action and were never brought home to be honored for their sacrifice. God bless them all.

#7   2013/11/05 03:48PM
    habbyfan

Quote jacksmyguy:
    Quote Gracewashere: I,as an older (in age) poster wanted to just put aside our differences (and we have many), just to say thanks to those who have gone before us. Join me in saying thanks and posting your thoughts. (if allowed)

What a great idea and you're right, we don't thank those who fought for our rights near enough. My father was in Europe in World War II and my brother did a tour of duty in Viet Nam. They served their country with honor and I am very proud of both of them, just as I am of all people who serve in the armed forces, no matter what the branch of service. I also think we all need to remember those who became missing in action and were never brought home to be honored for their sacrifice. God bless them all.

My father was in Europe with the Royal Canadian Engineers during the First World War ... my two brothers were in the second World War,Dad was an older soldier and stayed in England as home Guard ...

I hate war,but God love our Vets !!!

#8   2013/11/05 03:53PM
    Gracewashere

Quote habbyfan:
    Quote jacksmyguy:

My father was in Europe with the Royal Canadian Engineers during the First World War ... my two brothers were in the second World War,Dad was an older soldier and stayed in England as home Guard ...

I hate war,but God love our Vets !!!

Thank you all for responding. I have read each and every one. Thank you. Royal Canadian Engineers! My father was a "sapper" with the Royal Canadian Engineers in the second world war.

#9   2013/11/05 04:19PM
    jeanie5815

Thanks from a Viet Nam vet's spouse to all vets now or gone.
    My Dad- Army-Korea-deceased
    Oldest of 2 bros.- Army-Viet Nam-deceased
    Older bro. next to me-retired Navy-Viet Nam-alive. b/d 11/11/ 1950
    Hubby-Army-Viet Nam and 20 yr.s Tn. National Guard.
    Hubby's older bro.-Army-Korea-deceased.

Thank you for all your service. God Bless the world for all the sacrifices.

#10   2013/11/06 08:34AM
    alanadz

Thanks for this!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list