List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Nick And Sharon Are Pathetic!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Nick And Sharon Are Pathetic!

Started by Charlie Big at 2013/11/02 02:54PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/04 04:06PM, Views: 1716, Replies: 32
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/11/02 07:58PM
    Re: Nick And Sharon Are Pathetic!
    PixiePower

Well the latest ratings have been astronomical so I hardly think putting any couple back together,no matter which one,will make people stop watching.In fact the ratings were so great that there is talk of extending the show's conmtract another 3 years.I think that's awesome.I love my soap!!!

#12   2013/11/02 08:48PM
    Charlie Big

Quote PixiePower: Well the latest ratings have been astronomical so I hardly think putting any couple back together,no matter which one,will make people stop watching.In fact the ratings were so great that there is talk of extending the show's conmtract another 3 years.I think that's awesome.I love my soap!!!

Yea, well, all that makes for real good coffee talk but I wouldn't go getting too excited. Considering the Neilson ratings scandal, there has been alot of money spread around to hype this dying soap. Y&R is no great big hit with fans. In fact, this show is barely making it and that is on its good days, which aren't many anymore.

#13   2013/11/03 01:51AM
    Sinny

Quote Jackie10: Sharon is great with out Little Nicky. Little Nicky is good with Avery or alone. Together they are a bore. They lost their shine years ago. Now they are like brother, sister not interesting in the least. I will be FF them together if I am watching again by that time. Which is unlikely anyway.

That is how I see them too.. they been there done that so many times it just is not soapy anymore.. it is more a who cares.. we all know shick will get back together for a nano second and then Sharon's secret will get out and Nick will get on his high horse again and beat sharon down.. just do not see the appeal for this pair.. and I really don't understand why any Sharon fan would want Nick paired with her.. he treated her like crap for so many years. And he knows if he cheats on her she will be just fine with it and will welcome him back with open arms.

#14   2013/11/03 03:33AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Jackie10: Sharon is great with out Little Nicky. Little Nicky is good with Avery or alone. Together they are a bore. They lost their shine years ago. Now they are like brother, sister not interesting in the least. I will be FF them together if I am watching again by that time. Which is unlikely anyway.

That is how I see them too.. they been there done that so many times it just is not soapy anymore.. it is more a who cares.. we all know shick will get back together for a nano second and then Sharon's secret will get out and Nick will get on his high horse again and beat sharon down.. just do not see the appeal for this pair.. and I really don't understand why any Sharon fan would want Nick paired with her.. he treated her like crap for so many years. And he knows if he cheats on her she will be just fine with it and will welcome him back with open arms.

I agree with both of you. The writers have simply gone to that particular well a few too many times. I don't get either why any Sharon fan would want this for Sharon. If I were a Sharon fan, I would not want to see her with any Newman, or any man for that matter for a long time. That's not what she needs. Nick will only hurt her in the long run. That's what he does. However, this round, they can go ahead and bring it on as far as I'm concerned. The sooner the better. The sooner Shick happens, the sooner Sharon will get busted for her latest lie. Time to pay the piper.

#15   2013/11/03 03:54AM
    Sinny

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sinny:

I agree with both of you. The writers have simply gone to that particular well a few too many times. I don't get either why any Sharon fan would want this for Sharon. If I were a Sharon fan, I would not want to see her with any Newman, or any man for that matter for a long time. That's not what she needs. Nick will only hurt her in the long run. That's what he does. However, this round, they can go ahead and bring it on as far as I'm concerned. The sooner the better. The sooner Shick happens, the sooner Sharon will get busted for her latest lie. Time to pay the piper.

the writing is so boring and predictable with this couple.. the same thing every time.. if Sharon were to really get better she would never be with a Newman male ever again.. she would move off that ranch.. sell her place and finally move on..

I would rather a story about her finding her dad and where he has been all her life.. sharon bedding another round of newmans just is not why I tune in.. sharon and her daddy issues would be way more interesting.

#16   2013/11/03 04:46AM
    pgl35

I just don't see where a Shick pairing can go anywhere. What can they do with these two that they haven't done 100 times already? To me they seem more like brother and sister than anything. I see no chemistry in a romantic way at all between these two.

#17   2013/11/03 05:34AM
    Sinny

Quote pgl35: I just don't see where a Shick pairing can go anywhere. What can they do with these two that they haven't done 100 times already? To me they seem more like brother and sister than anything. I see no chemistry in a romantic way at all between these two.

I see brother and sister too.. sharon had chemistry with adam but she ruined that

#18   2013/11/03 05:41AM
    calliope

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sinny:

the writing is so boring and predictable with this couple.. the same thing every time.. if Sharon were to really get better she would never be with a Newman male ever again.. she would move off that ranch.. sell her place and finally move on..

I would rather a story about her finding her dad and where he has been all her life.. sharon bedding another round of newmans just is not why I tune in.. sharon and her daddy issues would be way more interesting.

I agree that the father issue could be interesting. Could shed light on her years of fascination with TGVN.
    Unless Sharon is doing something outrageous she is a pretty bland character. Nick gets more bland every month. Bland + bland = very, very bland

#19   2013/11/03 10:37AM
    Charlie Big

Quote pgl35: I just don't see where a Shick pairing can go anywhere. What can they do with these two that they haven't done 100 times already? To me they seem more like brother and sister than anything. I see no chemistry in a romantic way at all between these two.

That is the most interesting testament to this pair yet. Sharon is like Nick's sister. She seems to conduct herself like the family concubine when it comes to the Newman men as she squats on that ranch like she couldn't be bulldozed off it. In fact, when I think about it, she is like this sick creature who would do anything to be a Newman, even if she isn't one anymore. It is a very wierd thing that she has going on in her head about that family and the men in it. Any woman I know would be so in a hurry to get off that ranch, they couldn't pack fast enough, but not this trick, she will squat there, on the outside looking in and coming through the back door for as long as she can keep her fantasy going. It is really sick and pathetic. It is also really creepy!

#20   2013/11/03 10:56AM
    Charlie Big

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote Sinny:

Exactly! That is why I think that they need to expose what she did and then send her to a mental hospital. Sharon can't make it with any man and it is because she is mentally ill. She really needs to get herself stable and in an environment that helps her to understand herself and accept who she really is. Otherwise she just goes through the motions and ends up in dead end relationships just hanging on for an enabling warm body. Sharon is to the point that she is starting to look too desperate to think straight and if she continues, that is all she will be. She and Nick have no future. They have been done to death and anything between them now is nothing more than boring life support. They are not children. That old puppy love stuff ended years ago when they started cheating on each other and Sharon couldn't stop. Nick only had Grace but it seems to have given Sharon license to become the serial cheater in the marriage and even after Phyllis finally dumped Nick because of his guilt over this trick, she was what was left for him and what did she do? Heck, the trick up and left him and the kid and took off to go find herself in New Orleans with Adam! And the sick part of that story is that when Nick and Phyllis caughter her, she started tring to tell Nick that she wanted him! Lawdy, the trick had just come out of the bed, doing his brother and telling him that it was really him that she wanted.

That is why Nick and Sharon are a bust. And, Nick really needs to know how she has betryaed him this time. In a way that is horrible. She took his daughter from him! Nick needs to know that and Sharon needs to pay for what she has done to Summer and Nick and Phyllis and Jack and thier families.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list