List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Writers are testing the waters/Jack/Hillary b/c

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Writers are testing the waters/Jack/Hillary b/c

Started by Joy T at 2013/11/02 06:46AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/06 04:39PM, Views: 2831, Replies: 41
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #11   2013/11/02 01:22PM
    Re: Writers are testing the waters/Jack/Hillary b/c
    Jackie10

Quote alanadz:
    Quote Jackie10: Phyllis isnt the reason for the fan loss its the poor writing. The poor pairing of couples. The death of a child. And the pushing of characters that are just not entertaining or interesting.

They are not testing the waters with me as I am not interested in Jack/Hillary. The only women Jack was good with were #1 Emily/Stacy Haiduk #2 Phyllis any Phyllis will do. #3 Dian a love hate relationship.

What fan loss? The ratings are great.

The ratings are not great. The emotional scenes are great. The story line is crap. People are still not watching and the ones that are do so because of certain characters at the moment not the show.

#12   2013/11/02 03:54PM
    LaBrae

I don't mind Hilary working with Jack at Jabot, but as a couple....NO! People have talked about Neil being too old to date Hilary, well Jack is even older so it just wouldn't appeal. I'd much rather see Hilary dating one the guys in her own age rage. These other gentleman can just be mentors for her.

As for Phyllis being competition for Hilary.....Nah! I don't think its needed. If she does return, and her and Jack reunite, we don't need her and Hilary battling each other for his affection.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/02 03:58PM
    #13   2013/11/02 04:42PM
    alanadz

Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote alanadz: What woman has become popular by being paired with Jack?

Phyllis...but that had more to do with the heavy handed writing between her and Diane than anything.

Was Phyllis popular because of Jack or in spite of him?

#14   2013/11/02 04:53PM
    hubbardfan

Hilary and this sudden 'about face' is just ridiculous! I don't see her paired w/anyone...she and Mason can both GO! They're both obnoxious and boring! *maybe she'll hit on TYLER and push Abby out of the way...another very boring character! But Jack? really???? I don't think so...Adam? Get real! No way in hell!

#15   2013/11/02 06:05PM
    alanadz

Quote Jackie10:
    Quote alanadz:
    Quote Jackie10: Phyllis isnt the reason for the fan loss its the poor writing. The poor pairing of couples. The death of a child. And the pushing of characters that are just not entertaining or interesting.

They are not testing the waters with me as I am not interested in Jack/Hillary. The only women Jack was good with were #1 Emily/Stacy Haiduk #2 Phyllis any Phyllis will do. #3 Dian a love hate relationship.

What fan loss? The ratings are great.

The ratings are not great. The emotional scenes are great. The story line is crap. People are still not watching and the ones that are do so because of certain characters at the moment not the show.

The ratings ARE great. Y&R scored a 4.7 last week! They are doing extremely well.

#16   2013/11/03 05:04AM
    sugarann

Hilary is a snake!!!!!!!I wonder whose bed will she slither into first!!!!!JACK or NEIL. They are not to old for Hilary because they can still do gymnastic exercises.!!!!!!!!

#17   2013/11/03 08:36AM
    notsorestless

Jack does not need to be paired romantically with Hillary. Let him fall for a woman closer to his age, 50-60. Hillary is too young and way to evil. Who on the show would be able to trust her?

Neil will probably fall for her and ruin his relationship with Leslie, just like he did when he was with Karen and he cheated on her with Devon's aunt.

#18   2013/11/03 09:13AM
    JaNell36

I'm thinking that she maybe paired with the new younger Abbott that is coming and in order for her to be in that new guys orbit is to work for or be around the Abbott's!

#19   2013/11/03 09:24AM
    ajsp35801

Quote JaNell36: I'm thinking that she maybe paired with the new younger Abbott that is coming and in order for her to be in that new guys orbit is to work for or be around the Abbott's!

I wouldn't mind that based on age alone....but Jack and Neil...no to both.

#20   2013/11/03 09:29AM
    ajsp35801

Quote alanadz:
    Quote ajsp35801:
    Quote alanadz: What woman has become popular by being paired with Jack?

Phyllis...but that had more to do with the heavy handed writing between her and Diane than anything.

Was Phyllis popular because of Jack or in spite of him?

I think he helped. Never underestimate the name Abbot or Newman with the viewers of this show.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list