List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: If Y & R gets cancelled if it were to

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

If Y & R gets cancelled if it were to

Started by Axl Rose at 2013/11/02 05:10AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/03 06:55AM, Views: 601, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2013/11/02 05:10AM
    If Y & R gets cancelled if it were to
    Axl Rose

If Y & R gets cancelled or if it were to get cancelled I can honestly say even as a Y & R fan that personally it would be a great thing for Y & R to get cancelled and why? Because of JFP because she is single-handedly destroying this show especially with not only doing rehashes of her GH storylines but also hiring all of her favorites, killing off children and what not, SBu being her favorite pet like she lives to serve him, that is why I have been turned off of Y & R but also because Y & R's ratings seemingly have been going down but has seen a rise as of late but still I just don't see how Y & R can survive as a soap unless they get rid of JFP altogether, if they can do that then maybe just maybe Y & R can go back to basics and have the ratings skyrocket

#2   2013/11/02 05:38AM
    Re: If Y & R gets cancelled if it were to
    Gracewashere

Quote Axl Rose: If Y & R gets cancelled or if it were to get cancelled I can honestly say even as a Y & R fan that personally it would be a great thing for Y & R to get cancelled and why? Because of JFP because she is single-handedly destroying this show especially with not only doing rehashes of her GH storylines but also hiring all of her favorites, killing off children and what not, SBu being her favorite pet like she lives to serve him, that is why I have been turned off of Y & R but also because Y & R's ratings seemingly have been going down but has seen a rise as of late but still I just don't see how Y & R can survive as a soap unless they get rid of JFP altogether, if they can do that then maybe just maybe Y & R can go back to basics and have the ratings skyrocket

I think I understanding what you are saying, but just not sure Y&R can go back to "basics" as you mentioned. Things in the big world have just changed so much with the advent of the "internet", message boards, etc. There will always be people who do not like things and can now express that frustration/displeasure so easily. I don't think we can ever really go back. We just have to move forward hoping for good story lines. I am willing to give JFP a chance, who is to say the next person will be better or worse??

#3   2013/11/02 06:00AM
    Sylviastel

Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote Axl Rose: If Y & R gets cancelled or if it were to get cancelled I can honestly say even as a Y & R fan that personally it would be a great thing for Y & R to get cancelled and why? Because of JFP because she is single-handedly destroying this show especially with not only doing rehashes of her GH storylines but also hiring all of her favorites, killing off children and what not, SBu being her favorite pet like she lives to serve him, that is why I have been turned off of Y & R but also because Y & R's ratings seemingly have been going down but has seen a rise as of late but still I just don't see how Y & R can survive as a soap unless they get rid of JFP altogether, if they can do that then maybe just maybe Y & R can go back to basics and have the ratings skyrocket

I think I understanding what you are saying, but just not sure Y&R can go back to "basics" as you mentioned. Things in the big world have just changed so much with the advent of the "internet", message boards, etc. There will always be people who do not like things and can now express that frustration/displeasure so easily. I don't think we can ever really go back. We just have to move forward hoping for good story lines. I am willing to give JFP a chance, who is to say the next person will be better or worse??

Jfp's history of soaps is deplorable! I've seen it on Gl & gh.
    Of all the people to replace MAB, JFP was the worst choice.
    Her misogyny is all too obvious! Delia's death was for their Emmy reels!
    The possibility of fen being raped in prison disgusts me!
    The upswing in ratings means JFP will be here to stay & wreck havoc on gc.
    I'm actually enjoying gh again though after it became the mobsters series under JFP! I'm much more upset about Delia than Dylan. Delia's was awful, unnecessary, & poorly written! Why didn't she scream in horror? The accident & mourning was poorly done! Jill, Esther, Gloria, Murphy, were ignored!

#4   2013/11/02 06:08AM
    Homesick Cajun

They would have to dig a pretty deep hole to find someone worse than Jill Phelps.

Honestly, I believe that if CBS/Sony wanted to cancel the show, they would have done so a year ago at the very end of MAB's tenure when the ratings were in the toilet. But, the answer for the program certainly doesn't fall within the realm of JFP's vision.

What is merely dark and depressing now, I expect will soon be graphic and violet along with the depressing tone that now permeates the entire program.

Since she is obviously re-hashing what did not work on GH, I look for the mob to be in town very shortly. Probably connected to the drug angle already playing out with Courtney and Zach (whoever he turns out to be). So, here comes the violence associated with that aspect.

The prospect of Fen being raped in jail also disgusts me! As with the killing of Delia, serves no purpose.

#5   2013/11/02 07:29AM
    Lanie1959

if that's pretty messed up saying it would great if Y&R got cancelled just because it would make JFP look bad ...I've lost two beloved soaps due to cancellation and it sucked to lose them..there was no solace in the fact that EP and HW lost their lost jobs..case guess what ?they moved on so will JFP if Y&R get cancelled...if you really wish you that the show would cancelled then it's time to simply stop watching it ...why wish for everybody to lose it?

#6   2013/11/02 07:32AM
    sweetangel.

IF IT WERE TO BE CANCELLED it's a sign of the times Viewership has been going no where

#7   2013/11/02 09:34AM
    Sylviastel

Quote Lanie1959: if that's pretty messed up saying it would great if Y&R got cancelled just because it would make JFP look bad ...I've lost two beloved soaps due to cancellation and it sucked to lose them..there was no solace in the fact that EP and HW lost their lost jobs..case guess what ?they moved on so will JFP if Y&R get cancelled...if you really wish you that the show would cancelled then it's time to simply stop watching it ...why wish for everybody to lose it?

Jfp is partially responsible for digging gl's cancelation. She chased beverlee McKinsey away. She killed off beloved Maureen Bauer & for what? Emmys!
    She nearly destroyed gh & killed the beloved quartermaines one by one. The past few weeks have been painful to watch because some cast members got more airtime than others regarding Delia's loss. This uneven balance is hurting the show! We can now tell who are becoming FOJ on the series. Why didn't Delia scream? The whole accident is just a poorer rehash of jakes death on gh. Jfp's vision of soaps are rather dark. We have seen sonny & Jason on gh become acceptable despite their crimes. JFP is my least favorite choice to be Ep! I think anybody would have been better! Anybody else! Not JFP! To call her a witch is an insult to witches! Sorry!

#8   2013/11/02 10:06AM
    TwoOfEach

YR is in no danger of being cancelled. Rumor has it that CBS in on the verge of announcing a 3-year contract renewal.

daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/11/01/rumor-report-the-young-and-the-restles...

#9   2013/11/02 10:20AM
    pink kiity

She's is a soap killers she's kills. Soaps. She's. does what she's good as killing soaps she's didn't get the name for no reason

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/02 10:22AM
    #10   2013/11/03 06:55AM
    Axl Rose

Quote pink kiity: She's is a soap killers she's kills. Soaps. She's. does what she's good as killing soaps she's didn't get the name for no reason

I know right

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list