List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Canadian spoilers, early?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Canadian spoilers, early?

Started by twocentsworth at 2013/10/30 06:43PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/31 02:06PM, Views: 1258, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2013/10/30 06:43PM
    Canadian spoilers, early?
    twocentsworth

It's always been a mystery to me that maybe someone can clear up. Why does Y&R broadcast in Canada a day ahead of the U.S. show? Thanks a bundle, twocentsworth...

#2   2013/10/30 06:47PM
    Re: Canadian spoilers, early?
    ping123

It airs later in the day in Canada, it might air a day ahead so that there are no spoilers for Canadians because it shows earlier in the US.

I don't really know

#3   2013/10/30 08:01PM
    JRTA

Global TV Canada owns the broadcast rights for the show. When that deal was originally made, we didn't have all this technology. While CBS was available in major centres, it wasn't always available in smallers areas. Global allowed Y&R to reach a wider audience in Canada. Global TV negotiated the day ahead broadcast to make it worth it to them to carry it. It was a success and other then a time change or two (it was on at 4pm years ago), it has been that way for 30 plus years.

#4   2013/10/31 02:02PM
    twocentsworth

Quote JRTA: Global TV Canada owns the broadcast rights for the show. When that deal was originally made, we didn't have all this technology. While CBS was available in major centres, it wasn't always available in smallers areas. Global allowed Y&R to reach a wider audience in Canada. Global TV negotiated the day ahead broadcast to make it worth it to them to carry it. It was a success and other then a time change or two (it was on at 4pm years ago), it has been that way for 30 plus years.

Thank you very much. Now I know.

#5   2013/10/31 02:06PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote JRTA: Global TV Canada owns the broadcast rights for the show. When that deal was originally made, we didn't have all this technology. While CBS was available in major centres, it wasn't always available in smallers areas. Global allowed Y&R to reach a wider audience in Canada. Global TV negotiated the day ahead broadcast to make it worth it to them to carry it. It was a success and other then a time change or two (it was on at 4pm years ago), it has been that way for 30 plus years.

Not only that we see the US show at 12:30 here, the current show at 4:30 and I sometimes what it on Rogers Timeshift at 6:00 or 7:00

Y&R got the market cornered and the best time slots.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list