List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: JFP hiring Tony Geary to play Dylan's father?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

JFP hiring Tony Geary to play Dylan's father?

Started by siddyhartha at 2013/10/29 05:29PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/10 05:55AM, Views: 11584, Replies: 81
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #41   2013/10/30 08:22AM
    Re: JFP hiring Tony Geary to play Dylan's father?
    pink kiity

Good question because most actors here are taking. A pay cut too. Also

#42   2013/10/30 08:29AM
    valleycliffe

might as well change the name of this soap to "all my generally restless children"

how would they afford tg?

by making OUR VETS take huge paycuts...

#43   2013/10/30 08:50AM
    ladycam

Quote valleycliffe: might as well change the name of this soap to "all my generally restless children"

how would they afford tg?

by making OUR VETS take huge paycuts...

If she does that what a shame. GH had all these people she's wasting money on and still Y&R were ahead of them. That she tell them who the viewers tune in for. And all she has do is write better from them. Nothing is wrong with adding to the cast but not a the expense of those that kept the soap at number #1.

#44   2013/10/30 10:11AM
    lovealldogs

I agree with YICK, YUK and I'll add mine....PUKE!!

He will always be Luke the rapist.
    OMG>....come on Y&R get a clue!!!!!!!!!!!

#45   2013/10/30 10:27AM
    pink kiity

lovealldogs ----- that was funny im still laughing you have a sense of humor yours funny

#46   2013/10/30 10:30AM
    ronsgirl2

OH GOD I HOPE NOT!!!I had been a GH fan for many years and towards the end I had had enough of Tony Geary. It would be nice if Steve Burton could do a show without having to deal with the "awe" of Geary.

#47   2013/10/30 10:54AM
    jilltidwell

Quote Gideon58: I had read that Geary had been asked to take a pay cut at GH, I wonder how Y&R can afford him?

He was asked to take a 50% pay cut.

#48   2013/10/30 10:56AM
    jeanie5815

Ok. Did some "research"on
    www.soapcentral.com/yr/whoswho/index.php.
    In 1980, Peggy Brooks was a reporter with her dad's newspaper along with Steve Williams.
    They went to investigate the cult, The New World Brotherhood, which was a scam.
    Paul and Nikki had joined thinking it was a commune. Peggy, Nikki and Paul were locked up by the cult leader Sumiko, don't know "why" Paul and Nikki call him Ian.
    Sumiko tried to kill Peggy, but Paul saved her. They were saved by Paul's father. Sumiko was arrested but nothing said after the arrest.
    Now I just can't remember Tony being on Y/R. The person that raped Peggy in 1977, was Ron Becker, and was Chris's and Snapper's neighbor in the building they lived in. Peggy went to Chris's apartment and Ron, thinking it was Chris,raped Peggy instead. And they don't say the actor's name who played him.
    As far as Tony /Laura s/l on GH, I quit watching after he raped her. I just couldn't get into that s/l, as he made my skin "crawl", as they made him look so "creepy." I came back to "see" the "wedding of the century" at the time, "before" Hope and Bo's wedding on DOOL's.
    "If" it's true that he is coming to Y/R, I think it will be a "short-term" contract like Laura's was on Y/R. "If" it's true, then how are they playing his s/l on GH to leave? Are they going to "kill" him off, or his face gets disfigured that he has to go off to have plastic surgery, or is he and Laura, "if" they are still married, going "off into the sunset" to retire to some tropical island and live out their days?

#49   2013/10/30 12:04PM
    alanadz

Quote siddyhartha: JFP hiring Tony Geary to play Dylan's father?

According to insider buzz, Tony Geary is leaving General Hospital due to failing contract negotiations. It is reported that Jill Farren Phelps (JFP) is interested in bringing Geary to Y&R to play to the charismatic cult leader, Ian Ward, who is Dylan's biological father and the man who abused Nikki.

This move would reunite former GH castmates Steve Burton and Tony Geary who worked together for 20 years and a decade under Jill Phelps.

Stay tuned!

I can take him or leave him. meh

#50   2013/10/30 07:21PM
    jaxiejoy

Quote siddyhartha: JFP hiring Tony Geary to play Dylan's father?

According to insider buzz, Tony Geary is leaving General Hospital due to failing contract negotiations. It is reported that Jill Farren Phelps (JFP) is interested in bringing Geary to Y&R to play to the charismatic cult leader, Ian Ward, who is Dylan's biological father and the man who abused Nikki.

This move would reunite former GH castmates Steve Burton and Tony Geary who worked together for 20 years and a decade under Jill Phelps.

Stay tuned!

I saw this one coming. GH is asking TG to take a 50% pay cut, so he told them to kill off Luke. TG is ready to walk. He only works 6 months put of the year, and lives in Amsterdam the rest of the time.

Yes, I can see JFP hiring TG for a short term gig as Dylan's cult leader daddy. It's exactly the type of role TG would relish playing.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list