List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: So what does everyone think of the "out of the ashes" storyline?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

So what does everyone think of the "out of the ashes" storyline?

Started by needsoap at 2007/10/24 08:47PM
    Latest post: 2007/10/28 10:07AM, Views: 2890, Replies: 81
    « 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #71   2007/10/26 06:23AM
    Re: So what does everyone think of the
    BabygirlAH

I like it.

#72   2007/10/26 06:25AM
    BabygirlAH

Quote calliope: Am I the only person who likes JT? It seems like someone is always saying he should die!
    I keep looking for John to show up and impart words of wisdom to Jack!

I really like JT and I think he is gorgeous.

#73   2007/10/26 06:27AM
    BabygirlAH

Quote Bellydancing_Fool:
    Quote GENOACITYSLICKR: I liked it...it was nice to see everyone coming together for a joint cause to rescue friends and foes from the rubble. I got a kick out of Amber & Kay being trapped together. It showed a more human side of Kay. I hope Vikki is okay and that the baby is JT's.

I always thought that Kay had a bit of a soft spot, or could relate to Amber. It was great to see them interacting eh?

Maybe Kay can see a little of Amber in herself.

#74   2007/10/26 06:48AM
    EmmyB

I suppose the hype was a wee bit over the top - but - it was a good vehicle to provide some of the actors an opportunity for exceptional work. Nikki for example. Being fairly new to this soap, I've yet to warm to the character of Nikki. However I've got to tell you, this week MTS had me wrapped around her finger. She made Nikki's grief and fear very believable - well done!!! There were some very, very touching moments. I liked the combination of Amber and Katherine. I thought the letter Jack wrote was very moving. The way each of the characters dealt with their fear and grief. Jill fretting over Cane and Katherine. It was interesting to watch the whole dynamics of their relationship play out. The time with Nick and Jack was moving. I can see too where there will be fallout (pardon the pun) from the building collapse - relationship shifts, financial shifts. A lot of the really well-off players in GC have invested heavily in the project ... what happens now? The investigation of the collapse - lawsuits a plenty to be sure. I think we have just seen the episode which might drastically change the relationship between Lauren and Michael. All in all - I thought it was well done.

#75   2007/10/26 06:56AM
    Kimberly46

Quote Jentra:
    Quote Evsmom: I just wanted to say that all the actors and actresses have really done a super duper job with this story! I was afraid it was going to be hokey but it's really very good.

Some stand out performances:

Nick, of course when he found out Noah was in there.

Amber and Katherine were very believable together and fun to watch.

Colleen! Man, that girl nailed it today! Very believable!

Those are the ones I can think off right off the top of my head.

I think they all did great. But you are right about Colleen. Up until today, she just hasn't moved me. But today, zowie! She was so believable! Great acting.

I sure agree. Awesome acting on her part. I just wish they would pair her up with Kevin. I still can't see her with Adrian.

#76   2007/10/26 09:07AM
    GL_YRfan1979

This hasn't lived up to the hype. And I hate the ridiculous ideas of half of Genoa City just being in CS at the same time, and Phyllis acitng like she runs the jailhouse with the phone calls in and out and taking over the tv.

It's so much bs.

#77   2007/10/26 09:41AM
    cheley124

I really had my doubts that this storyline would work and it hasn't. Y&R cannot compete with big-time Hollywood movies so why try? I was touched by the reactions to Noah being trapped in the rubble but other than that, I've fast-forwarded my DVR through 99% of the rest. I have watched Y&R since the 70's when it was only a 30 minute show -- watching with my great-grandmother. I am a fan for life but come on? Were they trying to mimic 9/11? I sure hope not. Victor running into the building and nobody stopping him or following him? And then JT? And the piece of styrofoam that bounced off of Vickie's head sends two people tumbling??? PLEASE!!!!! And don't get my started oh Phyllis trying to run the prison. With her attitude, in the real world she would not be on work-release she would be in solitary and working all the time. Why do we only see her in the room with the phone??? What about her "JOB"? I'd love to see her with a sweaty head folding laundry.

#78   2007/10/26 09:45AM
    Blondie-n-Lex

I thought the flipping back and forth to Phyllis was wasted footage. I never understood why we had to see and listen to her and Jana in jail. Just another FF for me! They had nothing to do with the "Out of The Ashes Whatever..."

#79   2007/10/26 09:55AM
    granny45

I thought it was terrific!! Naturally Phyllis and Jana had a big part of it - worrying that their friends and loved ones were hurt or killed. This is a daytime soap not an MGM production. With the budget they must have to work with, I think it was good. I truely think that people expect to much of daytime dramas sometimes. I have watched this soap since the beginning and I think this was a good storyline and good entertainment. I don't watch a lot of movies - maybe I didn't anticipate as much as some who watch many movies. I am glad that we didn't lose any major characters! I love them all!!

#80   2007/10/26 09:56AM
    capricorn27

:( waiting to get invested, much less interested in this particular storyline was like waiting to see the egress. i don't think the hype lived up to the presentation. there were some elements which could have been very gripping, but were executed wrong. i think it was a directing and editing issue, not an acting one. the only part that i liked was adrian and victoria, before she was conked on the head with the fake rocks. this had none of the elements that made the ice storm so gripping last year. if i had watched these episodes instead of the ice storm, i never would have started to watch y&r again. i think that this was a triumph of marketing over substance and if y&r gets a rating boost as a result, the old saying is wrong. there is more than one sucker born every minute. lml has managed to up the ante.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list