List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: So what does everyone think of the "out of the ashes" storyline?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

So what does everyone think of the "out of the ashes" storyline?

Started by needsoap at 2007/10/24 08:47PM
    Latest post: 2007/10/28 10:07AM, Views: 2900, Replies: 81
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #41   2007/10/25 11:27AM
    Re: So what does everyone think of the
    pussykat

I thought it was okay....I did get chill bumps when they brought someone up...the scene with Amber and Kay was really sweet...maybe Amber will change and quit whinning over Cane.

#42   2007/10/25 11:37AM
    kimyla

Quote coolkraft:
    Quote needsoap: i found it genuinely underwhelming...to the point that i barely followed it.

agreed....no one died....no big changes...cheezy set fake looking bricks etc....another disappointment from these dull new Y & R writers....LML go home

I think they did what they could with the budget constraints they have. It did look cheesy at times. I think they pulled it off well. But they didn't have the multi-million dollar budget that action adventures have. Some of those are really cheesy, fake looking sets. Given that, this had more realism in it then some the multi-million dollar budgeted moves do. I am happy that no major characters were killed off. I don't think that Y&R can afford to loose another key character. The writers.. well.. I think they put a lot of work into it.. and needed to do something to bring in new storylines or revamp them. This was the vehicle they used to accomplish that. It certainly kept my attention all week.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/10/25 11:40AM
    #43   2007/10/25 12:23PM
    ILuvNY

I think it's one of the best s/ls that they've had in recent months. I like the fact that it involved more than a few characters and featured some of the vets!
    I also think it was needed to move the plot along and as the impetus for some changes in the s/l (s).
    Wonderful acting by everyone involved in the Clear Springs debacle!!!

#44   2007/10/25 12:47PM
    suegerry

Well said ILuvNY....the way I feel as well......more of these s/l's are needed......

#45   2007/10/25 01:33PM
    Bellydancing...

Quote kimyla: I was glued to the TV all week.. for what it was, I liked it. The actors did well with what they were given to work with and made it as convincing as they could. I was teary eyed a few times. I am really interested to see is the aftermath and how this effects/affects the personal relationships of the charactors.

me too Kim! it was the first time in a very long time that I actually sat and watched for most of the hour.

#46   2007/10/25 01:34PM
    GENOACITYSLICKR

I liked it...it was nice to see everyone coming together for a joint cause to rescue friends and foes from the rubble. I got a kick out of Amber & Kay being trapped together. It showed a more human side of Kay. I hope Vikki is okay and that the baby is JT's.

#47   2007/10/25 01:35PM
    Bellydancing...

Quote ILuvNY: I think it's one of the best s/ls that they've had in recent months. I like the fact that it involved more than a few characters and featured some of the vets!
    I also think it was needed to move the plot along and as the impetus for some changes in the s/l (s).

excellent post as per usual ILUV ITA

#48   2007/10/25 01:36PM
    Bellydancing...

Quote GENOACITYSLICKR: I liked it...it was nice to see everyone coming together for a joint cause to rescue friends and foes from the rubble. I got a kick out of Amber & Kay being trapped together. It showed a more human side of Kay. I hope Vikki is okay and that the baby is JT's.

I always thought that Kay had a bit of a soft spot, or could relate to Amber. It was great to see them interacting eh?

#49   2007/10/25 01:36PM
    KeepingItReal

Quote ILuvNY: I think it's one of the best s/ls that they've had in recent months. I like the fact that it involved more than a few characters and featured some of the vets!

ITA

#50   2007/10/25 02:33PM
    OttawaSweetie

I do enjoy the drama! I like the action. It's the aftermath that bites! Don't get me wrong I love the show!!

The one thing that really bothers me is how they have to put in all that super sappy stuff. IT'S TOO MUCH!!! The I'm so grateful sniff sniff...and so lucky sniff sniff that you're {I'm} alive. I love you so much. I don't know what I would have done without you sniff sniff whaaa or I would give both eyes if I knew the baby would be ok! Uck! The sad faces, the tears . . .aghhhh!

The one part I really do think was done well was the Kay & Jill scene. Now that's how they all should be.

How many hospital stays and traumas can one person go through? I mean look at Vicky. She's in the hospital again. Nicky and Victor just thought they lost Nick and Vicky lost 2 babies. They lost Cassie. I mean you get the point. Now let's talk about Lauren. How much can one person go through? Where are Lauren's anti-anxiety meds? Shouldn't they be with her in her purse at all times?

Imagine if we tried to remember all the bad things & trauma and deaths that have happened to each character in 24 years? Whew!

Like how many times can Sharon be in traumatic experiences and not be traumatize?

Ok, I feel better now. LOL!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list