List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why Did They Kill Delia?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why Did They Kill Delia?

Started by deceived at 2013/10/28 12:56PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/30 10:33AM, Views: 5325, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2013/10/28 11:46PM
    Re: Why Did They Kill Delia?
    jorie

Quote Ethelmae02:
    Quote Lifetime Viewer: JFP killed Dehlia for shock value, and it is totally sick. I am 50 years old, and I have watched Y and the R since I was 10 - and I am no longer watching. The show is now dark, has creepy music, and reminds me more of "Dark Shadows" when I was little. JFP needs to really be careful in her storylines - ATWT was a lot better written soap when it was cancelled, and it is now replaced by that awful "The Talk". Even Y and R is not protected. Who would ever think we would not have ATWT's Lily and Holden and Reva Shayne on Guiding Light? I find her Dehlia storyline to be disgusting, and no wonder Lily and Sharon are carefully watching their kids. There is a Mack truck around the corner! Watch out kids!
    lol! I used to watch Dark Shadows as well and that show was so eerie and scary. I agree on the killing off of Delia. Its just something wrong with this. I for one dont want to be sad and depressed just to watch this show. Ive heard bad things about this JP and her ex soaps she ran into the ground. I think Y&R is in trouble down the road due to this horrific kind of writing.

AT LEAST IT WAS A ACCIDENT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO ANYONE AND DEE WASN'T MURDERED LIKE HOPE WAS BY JOHNNY ON GH.

#22   2013/10/29 01:31PM
    trinilisa

Quote Lifetime Viewer: JFP killed Dehlia for shock value, and it is totally sick. I am 50 years old, and I have watched Y and the R since I was 10 - and I am no longer watching. The show is now dark, has creepy music, and reminds me more of "Dark Shadows" when I was little. JFP needs to really be careful in her storylines - ATWT was a lot better written soap when it was cancelled, and it is now replaced by that awful "The Talk". Even Y and R is not protected. Who would ever think we would not have ATWT's Lily and Holden and Reva Shayne on Guiding Light? I find her Dehlia storyline to be disgusting, and no wonder Lily and Sharon are carefully watching their kids. There is a Mack truck around the corner! Watch out kids!

I am with you; have been watching since 1987 when I was 11 (now I've dated myself but that's all right lol!), and these are some dark days at Y&R; reminds me of the days of the babynapping and the gas lighting...Did they win any emmies for those? (I don't remember).

#23   2013/10/29 01:42PM
    trinilisa

Quote Lanie1959:
    Quote Emma48:
    Quote ladycam: Apparently to give the actor/actress meaty s/l. But my only problem was the killing was graphic. She could have given Delia any disease and let her die same effect. But she wanted the buzz so she killed her in this horrible way. And will drag it out with a who dunnit s/l on top of everything else. Hope this doesn't last has long as Summer paternity s/l that was just be gross. To ruin all actors involve by leaving them in a dark place.

Graphic? What are you talking about? Nobody saw her get hit. We didn't even see her on the ground. It would have been worse if our last memory of Delia was of her looking deathly for episodes on end. To each his own, I guess.

I agree while tragic is wasn't graphic ,,not by a long shot, we never saw her get hit or worked on after the accident and I was pleased we didn't have to see the little actress play dead no instead she smiled and wave goodbye to her daddy....as sad of a story as it is the young actress wasn't subjected to a lot of emotional upset and I'm happy she didn't have to deal the emotional impact of the story.

Awesome point Lanie!

#24   2013/10/29 01:47PM
    trinilisa

Quote Lifetime Viewer: I think everyone has to agree that killing Colleen, killing Kassie, and now killing Dehlia is so stupid. Doesn't anyone agree that Abbotts dying to give Newmans' organs is really reaching for a storyline? I remember the storyline when a young Paul Williams was undercover and his mom and dad cried at Christmas because they thought he didn't love them anymore. I remember Lauren Fenmore being buried alive by the crazy Shawn - and Paul rescuing her in the nick of time! Y and the R doesn't need to stoop this low for a storyline. Get new writers! This is not the Y and the R I've loved over the years. Aren't the Bells in charge of Y and the R anymore? The Bells would have to be upset all of this nonsense, stupid writing.

I definitely agree that it's disgusting that another case, an Abbott had to die in order to benefit a Newman (accident or not; Delia Abbott gave Connor Newman the gift of sight). It's like the Abbotts are destined to play second fiddle to the Newmans, down to their damn lives and organs!

#25   2013/10/30 09:18AM
    alanadz

JFP explained this. It's to give meaty material to some of the actors. But I hate that a precious little girl has to die for this to happen.

#26   2013/10/30 10:33AM
    Capucine

If killing off Delia was purely so the actors could get Emmys then Boo!
    There are plenty of other story lines out there to accomplish that.

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list