List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why Did They Kill Delia?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why Did They Kill Delia?

Started by deceived at 2013/10/28 12:56PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/30 10:33AM, Views: 4852, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/28 02:19PM
    Re: Why Did They Kill Delia?
    1Elvis

Quote deceived: Why did they kill Delia? Does anyone have an idea? Didn't they need her to connect Billy, Chloe, The Abbotts, to grow up with Faith, Johnnie, etc...

They did not have to kill her off & I do not think it was Adam that hit her.

#12   2013/10/28 02:22PM
    Emma48

Quote Lifetime Viewer: JFP killed Dehlia for shock value, and it is totally sick. I am 50 years old, and I have watched Y and the R since I was 10 - and I am no longer watching. The show is now dark, has creepy music, and reminds me more of "Dark Shadows" when I was little. JFP needs to really be careful in her storylines - ATWT was a lot better written soap when it was cancelled, and it is now replaced by that awful "The Talk". Even Y and R is not protected. Who would ever think we would not have ATWT's Lily and Holden and Reva Shayne on Guiding Light? I find her Dehlia storyline to be disgusting, and no wonder Lily and Sharon are carefully watching their kids. There is a Mack truck around the corner! Watch out kids!

Number 1: It's just a show. Number 2: People in real life lose their children to unfortunate tragic accidents every day. It's sad, but it happens.
    It's not disgusting. Oh, the drama of it all with the Mack truck ! Sorry to see you go. Good bye!

#13   2013/10/28 02:33PM
    Lifetime Viewer

I think everyone has to agree that killing Colleen, killing Kassie, and now killing Dehlia is so stupid. Doesn't anyone agree that Abbotts dying to give Newmans' organs is really reaching for a storyline? I remember the storyline when a young Paul Williams was undercover and his mom and dad cried at Christmas because they thought he didn't love them anymore. I remember Lauren Fenmore being buried alive by the crazy Shawn - and Paul rescuing her in the nick of time! Y and the R doesn't need to stoop this low for a storyline. Get new writers! This is not the Y and the R I've loved over the years. Aren't the Bells in charge of Y and the R anymore? The Bells would have to be upset all of this nonsense, stupid writing.

#14   2013/10/28 03:27PM
    ladycam

Quote Emma48:
    Quote ladycam: Apparently to give the actor/actress meaty s/l. But my only problem was the killing was graphic. She could have given Delia any disease and let her die same effect. But she wanted the buzz so she killed her in this horrible way. And will drag it out with a who dunnit s/l on top of everything else. Hope this doesn't last has long as Summer paternity s/l that was just be gross. To ruin all actors involve by leaving them in a dark place.

Graphic? What are you talking about? Nobody saw her get hit. We didn't even see her on the ground. It would have been worse if our last memory of Delia was of her looking deathly for episodes on end. To each his own, I guess.

Like you said to each his own. Since she got hit that was the last episode I watch. I catch my favorites on YT and skip the rest of the show. But my point was clear for me it's more exaggerated than it needed to be. She could have died of illness but nobody would talk about. That really was the point of my post.That IMO she was kill for s/l for buzz that's why she was killed that way.. But to each his own moving on

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/28 03:30PM
    #15   2013/10/28 03:41PM
    ladycam

Quote Emma48:
    Quote Lifetime Viewer: JFP killed Dehlia for shock value, and it is totally sick. I am 50 years old, and I have watched Y and the R since I was 10 - and I am no longer watching. The show is now dark, has creepy music, and reminds me more of "Dark Shadows" when I was little. JFP needs to really be careful in her storylines - ATWT was a lot better written soap when it was cancelled, and it is now replaced by that awful "The Talk". Even Y and R is not protected. Who would ever think we would not have ATWT's Lily and Holden and Reva Shayne on Guiding Light? I find her Dehlia storyline to be disgusting, and no wonder Lily and Sharon are carefully watching their kids. There is a Mack truck around the corner! Watch out kids!

Number 1: It's just a show. Number 2: People in real life lose their children to unfortunate tragic accidents every day. It's sad, but it happens.
    It's not disgusting. Oh, the drama of it all with the Mack truck ! Sorry to see you go. Good bye!

Am sure the poster know it's a show. Some people find death and dying hard even on show brings back painful memories. And they don't want to watch that and saying that on a soap board nothing is wrong it. I stop watching because am not interested in watching weeping and moaning. But not everyone is like me the show goes on. Without me and all who stop watching because they don't want to waste an hour watching a depressing and sad show. Hopefully JFP will maintain enough viewers to run her sad story.

#16   2013/10/28 03:43PM
    yandrfan710

I wonder if Sophie Pollono no longer wanted to be on the show or if her parents no longer wanted her to be on the show or is she is going to be on another show(know people were saying she was going to be on "The Millers"?) but that was never confirmed. I just wish they didn't kill her off and recast her. And had a storyline that was still powerful ,etc without killing her off. There's so many directions they could've gone instead of this one.

#17   2013/10/28 11:00PM
    LaBrae

This was a plot point for Adam more than anything. The minute they said baby Connor needed a cornea transplant...I knew someone was going to die for this story. There was a similar story years ago when Victor needed a Heart, and they killed off young Colleen. Its interesting how those Newmans seem to rank so much higher than the Abbotts in the eyes of TPTB.

This story also is another way to keep Adam Front and Center. I know he didn't hit Delia, but we're supposed to believe there's a chance that he did it. so we have to watch him agonizing over worrying about his son's eyesight, and the chance that he may have killed this child. I still feel there could've been a better story without having to take a young child's life.

#18   2013/10/28 11:05PM
    LaBrae

Quote trinilisa: There was a thread (probably pushed down a couple of pages by now) that says that JFP killed off Delia so that actors/actresses would potentially get emmies. I read the first post and was so disgusted that I had to get out of it. Apparently, there was an article or a something-or-other, which JFP is saying that she killed off Delia for "them"...Hope I interpreted it correctly, but that was my take on the part of the post...

I also believe this to be true. Most of the shows have been heavily featuring MM, BM, AH, EH in dramatic scenes. So yes, the Emmy nominations does seem to be what they're seeking.

They could've had this same story without young Delia having to senselessly die.

#19   2013/10/28 11:41PM
    jorie

Quote Emma48:
    Quote ladycam: Apparently to give the actor/actress meaty s/l. But my only problem was the killing was graphic. She could have given Delia any disease and let her die same effect. But she wanted the buzz so she killed her in this horrible way. And will drag it out with a who dunnit s/l on top of everything else. Hope this doesn't last has long as Summer paternity s/l that was just be gross. To ruin all actors involve by leaving them in a dark place.

Graphic? What are you talking about? Nobody saw her get hit. We didn't even see her on the ground. It would have been worse if our last memory of Delia was of her looking deathly for episodes on end. To each his own, I guess.

IT WASN'T EVEN SOPHIE ON THE GROUD WITH BILLY. IT WAS A OLDER STAND IN. B/C IT WAS SHOT TOO LATE FOR SOPHIE WHO HAD SCHOOL IN THE MORNING,

#20   2013/10/28 11:44PM
    jorie

Quote Lifetime Viewer: I couldn't agree with you more. To tragically kill a precious 7 year old girl by a car on a dark night after her Halloween play is written by a sick cookie.

SHE WAS IN A PLAY ,THE WIZARD OF OZ,

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list