List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Cane

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Cane

Started by Lizzytish at 2013/10/26 10:38AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/16 02:35AM, Views: 2666, Replies: 45
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2013/10/29 06:05PM
    Re: Cane
    Gracewashere

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Gracewashere: Cane, of all people, should abide by that saying "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"...how dare he be so sanctimonious when it comes to Hilary...has he not made a few mistakes in his life??? ... so dislike pompous Cane...

I hope the writers allow him to throw some bricks! Its time Cane is santimonious, judgmental, physically abusive, etc. to anyone who attempts to cause harm to him or his family. The writers have written him to be too passive during the last 5 years & that is not Cane at all. I want the real Cane Ashby to come out and play!

"Physically abusive"???? to whom...Lily??? or anyone is totally, totally, totally, not acceptable, by anyone's standards???? Really???? Should he be "physically abusive" to Hilary??? boggles the mind here...

#22   2013/10/29 06:20PM
    Gracewashere

Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote Gracewashere: Cane, of all people, should abide by that saying "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"...how dare he be so sanctimonious when it comes to Hilary...has he not made a few mistakes in his life??? ... so dislike pompous Cane...

I hope the writers allow him to throw some bricks! Its time Cane is santimonious, judgmental, physically abusive, etc. to anyone who attempts to cause harm to him or his family. The writers have written him to be too passive during the last 5 years & that is not Cane at all. I want the real Cane Ashby to come out and play!

"Physically abusive"???? to whom...Lily??? or anyone is totally, totally, totally, not acceptable, by anyone's standards???? Really???? Should he be "physically abusive" to Hilary??? boggles the mind here...

I am still pondering your post...Cane...you want him to be a "physically abusive" person??? You want the real Cane Ashby to come out and play???

#23   2013/10/29 06:23PM
    shalaydra75

Quote MsSuperSuds:

Thank you. I am ready for Lane and the Winters to fight back. I am sick of this forgiveness crap.

#24   2013/10/29 06:28PM
    Gracewashere

Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

Thank you. I am ready for Lane and the Winters to fight back. I am sick of this forgiveness crap.

Advocating for "physical abuse" against women is not the way to go here folks, but if that is your opinion, then I can't change it...there is a line being drawn in the sand here, almost reportable to administrators...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 06:32PM
    #25   2013/10/29 06:36PM
    Sinny

Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

I am still pondering your post...Cane...you want him to be a "physically abusive" person??? You want the real Cane Ashby to come out and play???

The real Cane is abusive.. we saw how he treated Amber.. totally and completely abusive. Cane is the ultimate creep. Let his wife think she was going crazy.. all for what? Some lame ass reason. I wish someone would abuse that creep.

#26   2013/10/29 06:36PM
    shalaydra75

Quote MsSuperSuds:
    Quote shalaydra75: When ane and the Winters were integrated within the rest of the cast, Y&R reached more than 6 million viewers. Now that they are segregated, TPTB brag about getting fewer than 4.6 viewers. Barbyboo-TPTB heard your cry of Cane being boring. Unfortunately, they do not understand that many viewers like Cane. TPTB's selection of one group of fans over another group fans is killing this soap.

When it came to Cane & Lily as a couple, too many viewers sipped MAB's cool-aid so she supplied more of it to the point they gulped it down. None of the reasons given were honest--the age difference being the most widely cited. Canes a bore! He's an imposter, a liar & a con-man! Well, who made him all those things? When MAB took Lily's whole life & gave it to Chloe for no good reason, even a dunce knows what's going on here. Haters, baiters, critics, cyber bullies are a small vocal segment of the audience; but MAB fed them what they wanted. What a symbiotic relationship these two entities had!

Y&R isolated, sidelined, or backburnered all the people of color & anybody associated w/ them. She refused to write good stories for them. So this is where we are today--still trying to overcome racist & mysogynistic attitudes and lack of diversity on screen. I agree with you, Shalaydra! Y&R has suffered b/c of these attitudes. If JFP decides to continue excluding & segregating major characters whom fans want to see, there is no growth for Y&R. Ratings will still suffer. The vision of an ensemble cast is lost & that is what made Y&R a popular, classic soap from its origins.

Yep, just think that Y&R had from the mid-5 to over 6 million viewers before MAB bowed down to the miniscule minority on boards. I bet if you add up all posters from all boards, you will not have over 2,000. Poor, unqualified MAB never learned that the majority of American women are working housewives who do not have time to post regularly on the boards. Since MAB got her job through nepotism, knuckled down to soap critics and posters. Posters told her to minimize the Winters and break up Lane. Every time she did, the ratings crashed. They told her that Phyllis was the star of the show. As soon as she became EP and HW, Phyllis was on 5 days week, the ratings tanked even more. Phyllis falling into a coma and now absence had no bearing on the ratings. Actually, they have ticked up a little without her.

#27   2013/10/29 06:42PM
    Rfan

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

The real Cane is abusive.. we saw how he treated Amber.. totally and completely abusive. Cane is the ultimate creep. Let his wife think she was going crazy.. all for what? Some lame ass reason. I wish someone would abuse that creep.

Cane was never abusive to Amber he did the same thing to her she did to him he lied to her. She got him drunk had her girl friend pretend to be him in a pretend marriage forged his name on a marriage certificate and lied about it for months. When Cane found out about it he slept with her and lied that they were getting back together. That is not abuse Amber got exactly what she deserved.

#28   2013/10/29 06:45PM
    Gracewashere

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

Cane is mentally "abusive" and now that some his fans are advocating for him to be "physically abusive" to me is offensive to all women...am thinking of reporting to administrators, but it will probably be me who is banned...what a sad state of affairs, but thanks Sinny for your views here...

#29   2013/10/29 06:45PM
    Sinny

I think he totally abused her.. the way he got joy out of humiliating her was disgusting.. and then the way he let Lily think he was dead was disgusting.. Cane is trash.

#30   2013/10/29 06:47PM
    shalaydra75

Quote Sinny:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote Gracewashere:
    Quote MsSuperSuds:

I know that this is hard for you to understand. Many Lane fans disassociate the writing from characters. Had MAB not had so many conflicting facts within her numerous rewrites of Cane. I would be pushing you out of the way to throw rocks at Cane. The fact that Cane cannot be an executive and married to Lily make some say hummmmmmmmm! For instance, JG used his great skills as a romantic writer to push Lily on Tyler. When the ratings did not pan out, he was smarter than MAB, he backed down. Had Lily-Tyler worked, they would be segregated at Jabot fashion, and Cane would be the CEO today. Had the fans accepted Chane, Cane would be a Chancellor today. You can talk all day and all night, but certain people, (I should say me) think that Cane is only discredited and strip of his power when he is with Lily. It you cannot read between the lines, this conversation is over.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list