List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Cane

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Cane

Started by Lizzytish at 2013/10/26 10:38AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/16 02:35AM, Views: 2619, Replies: 45
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/28 08:44PM
    Re: Cane
    shalaydra75

Unfortunately, he and the Winters are isolated and neither should be. Y&R will never obtained 6 million (heck it probably will not get 5.5 million) viewers again because its writers do not know how to integrate characters. For viewers such as myself, Y&R has very little to offer. (I use to watch every day, even when characters I thought were boring were presented.

#12   2013/10/28 09:05PM
    Barbyboo

Quote Soap Fan: Lily still works at jabot. So she is the breadwinner now. I guess Cane will be a stay at home dad now.

Lily works at a coffee table at crimson lights

#13   2013/10/28 09:07PM
    Barbyboo

Cane was a imposter creep and he is a bore ...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/28 09:08PM
    #14   2013/10/29 04:10PM
    shalaydra75

When ane and the Winters were integrated within the rest of the cast, Y&R reached more than 6 million viewers. Now that they are segregated, TPTB brag about getting fewer than 4.6 viewers. Barbyboo-TPTB heard your cry of Cane being boring. Unfortunately, they do not understand that many viewers like Cane. TPTB's selection of one group of fans over another group fans is killing this soap.

#15   2013/10/29 05:11PM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75: When ane and the Winters were integrated within the rest of the cast, Y&R reached more than 6 million viewers. Now that they are segregated, TPTB brag about getting fewer than 4.6 viewers. Barbyboo-TPTB heard your cry of Cane being boring. Unfortunately, they do not understand that many viewers like Cane. TPTB's selection of one group of fans over another group fans is killing this soap.

When it came to Cane & Lily as a couple, too many viewers sipped MAB's cool-aid so she supplied more of it to the point they gulped it down. None of the reasons given were honest--the age difference being the most widely cited. Canes a bore! He's an imposter, a liar & a con-man! Well, who made him all those things? When MAB took Lily's whole life & gave it to Chloe for no good reason, even a dunce knows what's going on here. Haters, baiters, critics, cyber bullies are a small vocal segment of the audience; but MAB fed them what they wanted. What a symbiotic relationship these two entities had!

Y&R isolated, sidelined, or backburnered all the people of color & anybody associated w/ them. She refused to write good stories for them. So this is where we are today--still trying to overcome racist & mysogynistic attitudes and lack of diversity on screen. I agree with you, Shalaydra! Y&R has suffered b/c of these attitudes. If JFP decides to continue excluding & segregating major characters whom fans want to see, there is no growth for Y&R. Ratings will still suffer. The vision of an ensemble cast is lost & that is what made Y&R a popular, classic soap from its origins.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 05:18PM
    #16   2013/10/29 05:23PM
    Gracewashere

Cane, of all people, should abide by that saying "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"...how dare he be so sanctimonious when it comes to Hilary...has he not made a few mistakes in his life??? ... so dislike pompous Cane...

#17   2013/10/29 05:26PM
    Sinny

Quote Gracewashere: Cane, of all people, should abide by that saying "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"...how dare he be so sanctimonious when it comes to Hilary...has he not made a few mistakes in his life??? ... so dislike pompous Cane...

He is such a creep.

#18   2013/10/29 05:31PM
    Rfan

Quote Gracewashere: Cane, of all people, should abide by that saying "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"...how dare he be so sanctimonious when it comes to Hilary...has he not made a few mistakes in his life??? ... so dislike pompous Cane...

Is Cane and Lily suppose to thank Hillary for trying to destroy their lives not caring about Lily, Cane or their children's lives. Cane never went after anyone's family to destroy them because he was in pain. He is not being sanctimonious because he is not sucking up to Hillary. Who is Hillary Cane nor Lily owes her anything. This is a new day Cane and Lily have been dumbed down enough to make someone else shine it is time they stand toe to toe with whomever gets in their space and let them know to back off. He gave that girl a job and she thanks him by photo shopping pictures that were all lies to destroy his marriage because she decided Lily deserve to be hurt and to lose everything because her mother drank her self to death Lily nor Cane knew her mother and they certainly did not buy her drinks or pour them in her mouth.

#19   2013/10/29 05:39PM
    calliope

I loved Cane when he first arrived. He had an edge to him that was sexy. Now he just hovers. Too bad.

#20   2013/10/29 05:43PM
    MsSuperSuds

I hope the writers allow him to throw some bricks! Its time Cane is santimonious, judgmental, physically abusive, etc. to anyone who attempts to cause harm to him or his family. The writers have written him to be too passive during the last 5 years & that is not Cane at all. I want the real Cane Ashby to come out and play!

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list