List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: JFP on Delia Abbott's DEATH...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

JFP on Delia Abbott's DEATH...

Started by Arckangel at 2013/10/25 12:29PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/27 04:57PM, Views: 11164, Replies: 67
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #41   2013/10/26 04:28PM
    Re: JFP on Delia Abbott's DEATH...
    ChargerGirl

If JFP is intent on killing off GC residents as some posters comment, why not Victor? He's had 60 years longer than poor little Delia who was a breath of fresh air not one who sucks the air out of the room as does Victor. He is a pompus blowhard who has outlived his usefulness in GC. I would love to see him gone be it through death or just leaving town. My vote is for Victor to be the next one axed. PS - If I have to hear him say "Jackass Abbott" one more time I might kill him myself!!

#42   2013/10/26 04:33PM
    hopey pix

DON'T EVER GIVE JFP AN EMMY FOR THIS!!I ONLY would want to see Billy and Delia get an Emmy for this next year!AND I SO HOPE THEY DO FOR THIS!!God!!It's hard enough to see this on TV,and last night at the corner store,I saw a lady hit and an ambulance coming to help her!!Oh,I felt awful,and I don't know how shw was even!!PLEASE,JFP,GO AWAY!!!

#43   2013/10/26 04:36PM
    pvpfan

This has been the most depressing, sad story line I've watched in a long time however could it be this little actress has better fish to fry and is moving on to bigger and better things. She's adorable and a good actress. Maybe she or her agent opted out.

#44   2013/10/26 04:40PM
    janetb

Quote ChargerGirl: If JFP is intent on killing off GC residents as some posters comment, why not Victor? He's had 60 years longer than poor little Delia who was a breath of fresh air not one who sucks the air out of the room as does Victor. He is a pompus blowhard who has outlived his usefulness in GC. I would love to see him gone be it through death or just leaving town. My vote is for Victor to be the next one axed. PS - If I have to hear him say "Jackass Abbott" one more time I might kill him myself!!

I doubt they'll ever kill off Victor unless EB decides to quit.He's been supposed dead a number of times and had a heart transplant. Sadly,he always survives.At least they could quit the revenge against Billy and Jack s/l.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/26 04:41PM
    #45   2013/10/26 04:40PM
    Deana4Villy

Quote Kelly777: Billy Miller's first Emmy was because of a light hearted scene--One of my favorite's--The doorknob scene! You don't have to kill off a kid to get an Emmy.

There was a writing Emmy for that scene. Billy's first Emmy was for his NYE episode take on "It's a Wonderful Life". The one where Victoria saved him from freezing at the very end.

#46   2013/10/26 04:58PM
    Lifetime Viewer

I still say that JFP did the Delia storyline for shock value, and I do not consider that entertainment - it's sick. Also, why would she repeat the Colleen and Victor storyline where an Abbott always has to die to give a Newman a needed organ. It is downright stupid, silly, and insulting to viewers' intelligence. Bring ATWT back! The storylines were so much better! I have even watched Y and the R for 40 years! Yep, that's right - 40 years! And, for Dylan to be Nikki's son, right under her nose, is so silly. Give me a break.

#47   2013/10/26 06:26PM
    hopey pix

I also agree that Nikki NOT remembering she had a son IS AWFUL!!And killing Delia was just shock value!I really do want to see Billy get another Emmy though!!He was great all through this awful s/l!!The only one,since we don't get top see Delia anymore,except in clips!Oh,how I miss her,and I hope she and Billy will get Emmy Awards for their great work next year!!

#48   2013/10/26 07:13PM
    ladycam

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Sylviastel:
    Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: First of all, I could not get the link to work, so I don't know if those quotes were taken out of context.. but none the less.. JFP is NOT doing anything that alllllll EP and Head writers do...... they allllllllllll write and produce for Emmies.. top ratings.. sooo what's new?

I don't see Delia's death as the big sad thing that some of the Posters are going nuts over... it was a necessary move to put life into this dying soap.. it needed a HUUUUUUUUUGE EVENT to make changes in almost everyone life....

I still say this was written with great sensitivity.. we did not have to watch her die like we did with Cassie that lasted for days and days.. and that was a huge incicent... changed almost everyone's life.

I have not fogotten this is a SOAP... not real life.. A struggling soap will go for the saddest thing to shake it up..

I dont think this will backfire on JFP at all.. the actors involved LOVE, LOVE the story line.. they are allllllll praising her for the story line..

We have the funeral to see.. and then the fall out to everyone's life.. I think it is moving along very fast..I am most anxious to see how much this Soap will now change..

Only the Adam lovers are upset over him having such a dim light on him.. sooooooo what??? He needs to "really" pay for his dirty deeds of the past that MAB created..

Adam is becoming a major character and he CANNOT be a villain.. therefore, he has to become human in some way.. even if he did not really do it... fans of the soap need to watch him suffer and suffer before they will accept him as the major character they have planned.

I for one think this is the best thing that has happened to this soap in years..

JFP is NOT killing off people. Who???? Catherine really died in real life.. Ricky has never been a character on this soap.. that just gave Paul the chance to do fantastic acting.. but we as viewers did not have any attachment to
    the nut case Ricky..

Previous writers have killed off more characters than JFP... much needed characters.. that had been on for years.. John Abbott was the worst mistake EVER made.. Colleen is another that should not have been killed off along wth Brad..

My God, give this woman a break to have the guts to do what she is doing... she sounds tough and ready to take on this job and change this Soap.. so far, I have seen big, big improvements since she took over..

I will say it again.. I am enjoying this Soap for the first time in years and years.. Yes Delia death is sad.. and riviting.. great, great acting.. but a necessary plot point. and mostly, I have not fogottten this is a SOAP.. where drama is "EXPECTED".. along with romance, love, mystery and yes death

I think will now see romance.. and other necessities of a soap..in time.

MAB left the worst G.D. mess I have ever seen.. did horrible, horrible damage.... it will take at least a couple of years to get over MAB's influence.

Dru is badly needed back.. but I will say it again.. she will not come back.. until VR stops flapping her gums along
    with her fans.

If you want to see jfp's history of misogyny & killing off beloved characters, be prepared for more deaths to come. On gh, she killed Alan & Emily quartermaines & drove poor Lila to an early grave in real life. There are plenty of horror stories about JFP. The writers only write the dialogue that JFP orders them to do. On gh, she turned that show into the daytime version of the sopranos! She's killed other beloved characters too!
    Don't be fooled by JFP! She used the cast members to shield her decisions. Remember how Sharon case how to defend her character changing the paternity test. For Delia's storyline, she is using the actors like mm, eh to defend this! I guess JFP is getting heat for killing off Delia!

No worries. That poster is all alone.

It's good you enjoy JFP work. But she's retelling MAB s/l only her version is duller and less riveting IMO. Lucky for her she has good actor and actress who has being doing a great job. But I would like to see her ideas and less of MAB work. Has for Adam paying for his crimes well MAB knock him down so many times that JFP going there again lack of creativity. And that's why Adam fans are complaining we are tired of redemption and karma. Get creative rotate the bad guys and give them karma and redemption. Instead of Adam all the time. So nothing new has happen since JFP took over the reigns.This is the first since I've being watching soap where the romance s/l doesn't interest me at all. The days of loving a couple even though they have major secrets between them are gone with this regime. Am hoping the new guy joining the team can help them change things. But with all my negativity the positive thing is I've really enjoy some of friendships they created and that replace my love for couples. Now the friendships are enough for me.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/26 07:20PM
    #49   2013/10/26 07:26PM
    Sylviastel

Quote ChargerGirl: If JFP is intent on killing off GC residents as some posters comment, why not Victor? He's had 60 years longer than poor little Delia who was a breath of fresh air not one who sucks the air out of the room as does Victor. He is a pompus blowhard who has outlived his usefulness in GC. I would love to see him gone be it through death or just leaving town. My vote is for Victor to be the next one axed. PS - If I have to hear him say "Jackass Abbott" one more time I might kill him myself!!

Getting rid of victor Newman would be the end of the show! Love or hate him! Eric braeden's victor Newman is iconic character has become da caricature now thanks to the abysmal writing! Under bell, victor was complex & multi dimensional! That's what missing now! Bell developed every character very carefully & slowly! That's why it's so heartbreaking to see this show now! It's pitiful!

#50   2013/10/26 07:29PM
    Jackie10

Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Jackie10:
    Quote Sunnyflower:
    Quote Jackie10: I think if this is the only way these writers know how to give Adam, Billy, Chloe and Victoria meaty story lines its a damn shame. They are way better than this. Besides I though JFP said she didnt write this JG did. I think we all know the truth though.

As far as I understand it, it is the only way JFP knows how to write "meaty s/l's" period. She murdered a large portion of GH's cast.

Thats sad Sunny and I personally dont think she is done on Y&R either! I see more deaths in the future. Pointless and done to the wrong characters. They are keeping the ones not many care about and getting rid of the good ones. Get rid of the newbies and boring characters first then work on some good story lines!!!!

ICAM Jackie. I am very, very worried on who is next.

The newbies push is killing me!! I'm baffled.

Me to girl I havent seen a newbie grace our screen worth two bits since MM came on board. He was a spectacular find in my opinion.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list