List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: JFP on Delia Abbott's DEATH...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

JFP on Delia Abbott's DEATH...

Started by Arckangel at 2013/10/25 12:29PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/27 04:57PM, Views: 11335, Replies: 67
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/25 12:29PM
    JFP on Delia Abbott's DEATH...
    Arckangel

According to JFP, Delia was killed in order to give the actors meaty material... This is what JFP told actress Elizabeth Hendrickson:

“I know it’s not easy killing a kid. I know that I am going to get hell for this. But this is for you guys.” - Jill Farren Phelps on Delia Abbott's death

tvsourcemagazine.com/2013/10/elizabeth-hendrickson-interview-emotional-storyline... />
    What do you think?

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/25 12:32PM
    #2   2013/10/25 12:32PM
    Re: JFP on Delia Abbott's DEATH...
    bettyblack

“I know it’s not easy killing a kid. I know that I am going to get hell for this. But this is for you guys.”

EMMY BAIT!

That's why the actors love JFP.

She wins them the most AWARDS.

#3   2013/10/25 12:34PM
    Jackie10

I think if this is the only way these writers know how to give Adam, Billy, Chloe and Victoria meaty story lines its a damn shame. They are way better than this. Besides I though JFP said she didnt write this JG did. I think we all know the truth though.

#4   2013/10/25 01:12PM
    Lee4748

To put it another way, the audience does not vote for the Emmy's only the acting union members. So therefore, I do not give too hoots if the fans are happy or not. They do not vote. Nice attitude Miss Phelps.

#5   2013/10/25 01:20PM
    Homesick Cajun

Phelps said "This is for you guys!" That's the most ludicrous thing I've heard yet. And with all the spin on this story line, that's saying a lot!

Since when did Phelps care about anything but furthering her own agenda. Never, that's when!

#6   2013/10/25 01:21PM
    ericlizafan

If she wanted to come up with a meaty storyline, there are lots of ways she could have done that without killing off a child.

#7   2013/10/25 01:22PM
    glh1950

The actors want high drama so they can show their chops and of course the more emmys for the show the better. So killing off main characters is a way to get high drama OK but JFP could have chosen better and avoided using a child. Maybe it was the fast track to sweeps but we have enough child death in real life we don't need or want it in our fantasy vicarious thrills life. I want to see romance, rich and famous getaways, women in posh outfits with cool jobs, and men with some brains not just muscles. Cute kids with fun grandpas and ponies. I can watch the trash and the crazies out my windows or on primetime or the news, give us some mystery, house beautiful, travel&leisure, forbes and maybe a little politics/sports with humor, a town council election or football coach / cop with a midwest humor or local westwing meets evening shade. Any or all of the above just no more dead kids out, gee, add a few more in! Crime, death and sadness is inevitable and all around us so why do we need JFP to keep bringing us more and more, episode upon episode?

#8   2013/10/25 01:23PM
    Sinny

I think this is going to back fire on Phelps. This was not emmy winning material. I don't see any of them taking home that statue for this story. It was so poorly written.

#9   2013/10/25 02:12PM
    Sylviastel

The daytime Emmys are a joke since there. Are only 4 shows now?
    A daytime Emmy is useless in this industry! Nobody really cares who wins!

#10   2013/10/25 02:17PM
    Sunnyflower

Quote Jackie10: I think if this is the only way these writers know how to give Adam, Billy, Chloe and Victoria meaty story lines its a damn shame. They are way better than this. Besides I though JFP said she didnt write this JG did. I think we all know the truth though.

As far as I understand it, it is the only way JFP knows how to write "meaty s/l's" period. She murdered a large portion of GH's cast.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list