List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Oct 14-18, 2013 YR40 Ratings UP after 2-Wks Slide

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Oct 14-18, 2013 YR40 Ratings UP after 2-Wks Slide

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2013/10/25 12:24PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/30 10:49AM, Views: 808, Replies: 15
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/10/28 10:36AM
    Re: Oct 14-18, 2013 YR40 Ratings UP after 2-Wks Slide
    MsSuperSuds

Is this (October 28 - November 1) going to be another weekof more gloom, doom, misery and destruction? Dealyah's funeral or memorial comes up on Tuesday's episode; but I can rest assured that will not be the last of the mourning and grief on Y&R. Halloween happens on a Thursday, so I hope that all the children who do venture out to "trick or treat" in reel or real life will be safe.

November sweeps should have already started, shouldn't they? I thought sweeps started the last week in October thru the week before last in November. Wonder whats on tap for that? Or is more of the death of Dealyah storyline IT? Or maybe the ??much anticipated???plot point of Dylan being Nikki Newman's son will take over.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/28 10:43AM
    #12   2013/10/28 10:51AM
    Sylviastel

Quote MsSuperSuds: Ratings Report: Week of October 14-18, 2013

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 4,759,000 (+235,000/+257,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.5/12 (+.2/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 853,000 (+127,000/+13,000)
    2. GH 745,000 (+10,000/+73,000) * <——- 2 year high

* New high for Valenitni/Carlivati regime
    * Highest since September 26-30, 2011 (746,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.3/9 (+.2/same)
    2. GH 1.2/7 (+.1/+.1) * <——- 2 year high

* New high for Valenitni/Carlivati regime
    * Highest since September 26-30, 2011 (1.2/7

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. GH 254,000 (-31,000/-7,000)
    2. Y&R 248,000 (+22,000/+27,000)
    3. B&B 223,000 (+70,000/+64,000)
    4. DAYS 206,000 (-1,000/+33,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. GH 0.8 (same/same)
    2. B&B 0.7 (+.2/+.2)
    2. Y&R 0.7 (same/same)
    4. DAYS 0.6 (same/+.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R
    Monday: 3.6/4,811,000
    Tuesday: 3.5/4,728,000
    Wednesday: 3.4/4,671,000
    Thursday: 3.5/4,730,000
    Friday: 3.4/4,856,000

Hooray! This is an UP week in the ratings for YR40; but then the viewership for all four soaps was UP. Seems as if Delia's death enticed more viewers to watch and/or DVR the show than I expected. Y&R also recaptured the 18-49 demographic this week; but GH seems to be holding on to the 18-34 with a firm grip for now. We shall see what happens to the ratings for each show in the following weeks. One other thing that I notice is that when Y&R's viewership falls, so does B&B's viewership. Although Y&R comes on in the late afternoon (4 p.m.) in my area, Y&R is the lead-in show for B&B in most markets.

Nothing spectacular happened this week as far as I am concerned. Few characters other than the same ones from the Abbott & Newman families are on screen at the moment, so I have little to add here. All are mourning Dealyah's death in one way or another; so I have little to add here. From all accounts I have read, the actors & actresses are doing a wonderful job w/ the storyline. I am still not watching & have no desire to watch. I had five (5) long, grueling years of suffering thru mysogyny, sexcapades, gloom, doom & misery w/ MAB's regime so I need a rest from my favorite soap right now. I get more pleasure from reading tweets, articles, blogs & posts on this & other MBs. I am done rambling, so if you would like to comment, please feel free to post. Any and all comments are welcome.

This still means more JFP! Sony & CBS will let her do anything with show! Delia will be the first of many deaths & changes! Unlike MAB, JFP is far more vindictive & vengeful than she ever was! Also JFP is a misogynist even worse than MAB was! I thought MAB was horrible & should have been fired but to be replaced by Jill farren phelps is sort of giving a death sentence to this show! Listen to tommy lightfoot Garrett last week!

#13   2013/10/28 11:45AM
    alanadz

I am sure JFP has learned from post mistakes. She has to know that the doom and gloom is not the way to continue to get good ratings.

#14   2013/10/28 12:02PM
    Sylviastel

Quote alanadz: I am sure JFP has learned from post mistakes. She has to know that the doom and gloom is not the way to continue to get good ratings.

Under JFP, she'll continue to destroy soaps!

#15   2013/10/28 03:50PM
    shalaydra75

Quote luvroflife:
    Quote shalaydra75: I am sorry, but I do not see the gains. It's only 7,000 more viewers than the week before last. Without Primetme advertisement, y&r will probably never hit 5 million viewers. It certainly will never hit 6 million. It simple does not presentation of characters that will capture a diverse audience. As other cancelled soaps, y&r might get numerous Emmies along, with pink slip.

Shalaydra, I was thinking the same thing about the 'net increase'. But glad they rebounded from last week's drop. Now if they could sustain these ratings, even with a nominal increase, for more than one week. But really, most viewers have favs and watch for them. So it would seem that the answer is a more diversified canvas/better mix of characters, to attract the most 'eyes' weekly. While there are some characters I could take or leave, I would never begrudge their appearance for their fans. Just don't see the sport in "love/hate" if the Show is what matters.

I agree with your statement about the hate threads. I am disrespectful because I felt that writers have chosen to listen some fans. For instance, some fans claimed that my favorite characters are boring. Resultantly, MAB, JG and Jill have been destroying them in hopes of making them “interesting.” There are numerous characters that I will not turn on my TV to watch, but I do not think that the writers should change or get rid of them to satisfy me. I use to watch every day, but when I realized that certain fans are favored and certain fans are disdained, I refused to support this blatant form of favoritism. Plus, I am just not into it, especially when my favorite characters are rarely seen and when they are, the writers try to make fools of them.

#16   2013/10/30 10:49AM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote shalaydra75:
    Quote luvroflife:
    Quote shalaydra75: I am sorry, but I do not see the gains. It's only 7,000 more viewers than the week before last. Without Primetme advertisement, y&r will probably never hit 5 million viewers. It certainly will never hit 6 million. It simple does not presentation of characters that will capture a diverse audience. As other cancelled soaps, y&r might get numerous Emmies along, with pink slip.

Shalaydra, I was thinking the same thing about the 'net increase'. But glad they rebounded from last week's drop. Now if they could sustain these ratings, even with a nominal increase, for more than one week. But really, most viewers have favs and watch for them. So it would seem that the answer is a more diversified canvas/better mix of characters, to attract the most 'eyes' weekly. While there are some characters I could take or leave, I would never begrudge their appearance for their fans. Just don't see the sport in "love/hate" if the Show is what matters.

I agree with your statement about the hate threads. I am disrespectful because I felt that writers have chosen to listen some fans. For instance, some fans claimed that my favorite characters are boring. Resultantly, MAB, JG and Jill have been destroying them in hopes of making them “interesting.” There are numerous characters that I will not turn on my TV to watch, but I do not think that the writers should change or get rid of them to satisfy me. I use to watch every day, but when I realized that certain fans are favored and certain fans are disdained, I refused to support this blatant form of favoritism. Plus, I am just not into it, especially when my favorite characters are rarely seen and when they are, the writers try to make fools of them.

I totally agree with you; so I don't watch all of the other characters who are supposedly A-listers and who are on screen daily. They mean absolutely nothing to me. I look at Neil right now and he is throwing away the thing he most prizes (family) just to offer some forgiveness to a young misguided female who tried to damage his daughter's family life. I don't get it! Neil was harder on Cane than this newcomer. Whatever he is doing, I think the writers are allowing him to wade into deep doo-doo; & its going to be difficult for him to save face.

By the way, I just saw the perfect romantic partner on The Chew for Neil--Tosha Smith. Neil needs a take-charge woman w/ lots of fire! Tosha fits the bill like no one else in show business! I know she already has a prime time sitcom on OWN (For Better or Worse); but she could moonlight on Y&R! Sure would help the ratings and take the onus off some of the boring newbies & frontburners who are on daily. There ought to me something to attract a wider audience than the few who are on daily. Bring back the ensemble production & balance the rotations where everyone gets a story & a chance to shine on screen.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/30 10:55AM
    « 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list