List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Oct 14-18, 2013 YR40 Ratings UP after 2-Wks Slide

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Oct 14-18, 2013 YR40 Ratings UP after 2-Wks Slide

Started by MsSuperSuds at 2013/10/25 12:24PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/30 10:49AM, Views: 869, Replies: 15
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/25 12:24PM
    Oct 14-18, 2013 YR40 Ratings UP after 2-Wks Slide
    MsSuperSuds

Ratings Report: Week of October 14-18, 2013

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
    1. Y&R 4,759,000 (+235,000/+257,000)

Households
    1. Y&R 3.5/12 (+.2/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers
    1. Y&R 853,000 (+127,000/+13,000)
    2. GH 745,000 (+10,000/+73,000) * <——- 2 year high

* New high for Valenitni/Carlivati regime
    * Highest since September 26-30, 2011 (746,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
    1. Y&R 1.3/9 (+.2/same)
    2. GH 1.2/7 (+.1/+.1) * <——- 2 year high

* New high for Valenitni/Carlivati regime
    * Highest since September 26-30, 2011 (1.2/7

Women 18-34 Viewers
    1. GH 254,000 (-31,000/-7,000)
    2. Y&R 248,000 (+22,000/+27,000)
    3. B&B 223,000 (+70,000/+64,000)
    4. DAYS 206,000 (-1,000/+33,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
    1. GH 0.8 (same/same)
    2. B&B 0.7 (+.2/+.2)
    2. Y&R 0.7 (same/same)
    4. DAYS 0.6 (same/+.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

Y&R
    Monday: 3.6/4,811,000
    Tuesday: 3.5/4,728,000
    Wednesday: 3.4/4,671,000
    Thursday: 3.5/4,730,000
    Friday: 3.4/4,856,000

Hooray! This is an UP week in the ratings for YR40; but then the viewership for all four soaps was UP. Seems as if Delia's death enticed more viewers to watch and/or DVR the show than I expected. Y&R also recaptured the 18-49 demographic this week; but GH seems to be holding on to the 18-34 with a firm grip for now. We shall see what happens to the ratings for each show in the following weeks. One other thing that I notice is that when Y&R's viewership falls, so does B&B's viewership. Although Y&R comes on in the late afternoon (4 p.m.) in my area, Y&R is the lead-in show for B&B in most markets.

Nothing spectacular happened this week as far as I am concerned. Few characters other than the same ones from the Abbott & Newman families are on screen at the moment, so I have little to add here. All are mourning Dealyah's death in one way or another; so I have little to add here. From all accounts I have read, the actors & actresses are doing a wonderful job w/ the storyline. I am still not watching & have no desire to watch. I had five (5) long, grueling years of suffering thru mysogyny, sexcapades, gloom, doom & misery w/ MAB's regime so I need a rest from my favorite soap right now. I get more pleasure from reading tweets, articles, blogs & posts on this & other MBs. I am done rambling, so if you would like to comment, please feel free to post. Any and all comments are welcome.

#2   2013/10/25 02:26PM
    Re: Oct 14-18, 2013 YR40 Ratings UP after 2-Wks Slide
    shalaydra75

I am sorry, but I do not see the gains. It's only 7,000 more viewers than the week before last. Without Primetme advertisement, y&r will probably never hit 5 million viewers. It certainly will never hit 6 million. It simple does not presentation of characters that will capture a diverse audience. As other cancelled soaps, y&r might get numerous Emmies along, with pink slip.

#3   2013/10/25 02:33PM
    Sunnyflower

Great. So I guess this means we are in for more dead characters.

#4   2013/10/25 03:19PM
    luvroflife

Quote shalaydra75: I am sorry, but I do not see the gains. It's only 7,000 more viewers than the week before last. Without Primetme advertisement, y&r will probably never hit 5 million viewers. It certainly will never hit 6 million. It simple does not presentation of characters that will capture a diverse audience. As other cancelled soaps, y&r might get numerous Emmies along, with pink slip.

Shalaydra, I was thinking the same thing about the 'net increase'. But glad they rebounded from last week's drop. Now if they could sustain these ratings, even with a nominal increase, for more than one week. But really, most viewers have favs and watch for them. So it would seem that the answer is a more diversified canvas/better mix of characters, to attract the most 'eyes' weekly. While there are some characters I could take or leave, I would never begrudge their appearance for their fans. Just don't see the sport in "love/hate" if the Show is what matters.

#5   2013/10/25 07:50PM
    MsSuperSuds

I just saw a thread about JFP killing Dealyah just to write meaty material for the actors & actresses affected by her death--in this case, specifically for EH. I cannot read it b/c I have no interest in the character or Dealyah's death. The thought alone of killing a child is too much to consume; but to kill a child just to write meaty material for the cast is insane! And according to the posters, JFP is not thru killing characters on the show just yet! HORRORS! And I thought MAB & her wingmen were the "killing team." Well buckle up & Get ready for some more deaths--that is, if you are still watching by then. Sweeps are coming & something spectacular has to happen to keep viewers tuned in. She can kill all the characters so she can write meaty material; but that gimmick won't last long on Y&R. Viewers are already bored to death & sick of the gloom, doom, & misery. Ratings are already fluctuating from week to week; so I want to see what effect that has on the viewership & the ratings.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/25 07:53PM
    #6   2013/10/25 09:09PM
    TwoOfEach

Last week was good. I watched every day for the first time in weeks. People tuned in to see Delia's death but stayed to watch the aftermath. For all the people threatening to quit, Y&R did not take a hit in the immediate aftermath. if its gloom and doom for too long, I expect we'll see a drop but right now I imagine that TPTB are pleased. BM, AH, EH, GR, MCE, MM, IS and PB all deserve praise for a job well done.

#7   2013/10/26 04:45AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote MsSuperSuds: I just saw a thread about JFP killing Dealyah just to write meaty material for the actors & actresses affected by her death--in this case, specifically for EH. I cannot read it b/c I have no interest in the character or Dealyah's death. The thought alone of killing a child is too much to consume; but to kill a child just to write meaty material for the cast is insane! And according to the posters, JFP is not thru killing characters on the show just yet! HORRORS! And I thought MAB & her wingmen were the "killing team." Well buckle up & Get ready for some more deaths--that is, if you are still watching by then. Sweeps are coming & something spectacular has to happen to keep viewers tuned in. She can kill all the characters so she can write meaty material; but that gimmick won't last long on Y&R. Viewers are already bored to death & sick of the gloom, doom, & misery. Ratings are already fluctuating from week to week; so I want to see what effect that has on the viewership & the ratings.

Horrors is absolutely right! I think Delia is only the beginning!

I think there is a misunderstanding that those that are not watching want the show cancelled. That is not the case at all! I think they can build a better mouse trap, just not with Phelps. I don't believe that CBS wants to cancel the show. If they wanted to why not do it a year ago at the end of MAB's tenure when the ratings were at an all time low? I think they want to save it, but Phelps is clearly not the answer. Phelps only knows doom and gloom. It's only dark now, I expect much worse! I look for a major catastrophe before the end of the year. Or at least in the next six months if she's not fired.

Thanks again for posting the ratings as always!

#8   2013/10/26 09:27AM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote Homesick Cajun:
    Quote MsSuperSuds: I just saw a thread about JFP killing Dealyah just to write meaty material for the actors & actresses affected by her death--in this case, specifically for EH. I cannot read it b/c I have no interest in the character or Dealyah's death. The thought alone of killing a child is too much to consume; but to kill a child just to write meaty material for the cast is insane! And according to the posters, JFP is not thru killing characters on the show just yet! HORRORS! And I thought MAB & her wingmen were the "killing team." Well buckle up & Get ready for some more deaths--that is, if you are still watching by then. Sweeps are coming & something spectacular has to happen to keep viewers tuned in. She can kill all the characters so she can write meaty material; but that gimmick won't last long on Y&R. Viewers are already bored to death & sick of the gloom, doom, & misery. Ratings are already fluctuating from week to week; so I want to see what effect that has on the viewership & the ratings.

Horrors is absolutely right! I think Delia is only the beginning!

I think there is a misunderstanding that those that are not watching want the show cancelled. That is not the case at all! I think they can build a better mouse trap, just not with Phelps. I don't believe that CBS wants to cancel the show. If they wanted to why not do it a year ago at the end of MAB's tenure when the ratings were at an all time low? I think they want to save it, but Phelps is clearly not the answer. Phelps only knows doom and gloom. It's only dark now, I expect much worse! I look for a major catastrophe before the end of the year. Or at least in the next six months if she's not fired.

Thanks again for posting the ratings as always!

YW, as always. I notice that the Winters/Ashby clan made on screen appearances in 2 episodes toward the end of the week. Nothing really earth shattering! All were short and used as filler to perhaps lighten the atmosphere. The Abbott family will reconvene once again to support Billy when Ashley returns; but even that rings a bit hollow. Families, family ties, friends & relationships have been lost during MABs tenure & this regime does not know how to recapture it. Anyway, here's hoping for better days on Y&R!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/26 09:28AM
    #9   2013/10/26 09:41AM
    valleycliffe

there is one big exception tho...EH apparently had a scene in the morgue talking to delia and it was CUT. i guess it was just too emotional. and yet bm and ah get their emotional scenes...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/26 09:41AM
    #10   2013/10/26 09:56AM
    MsSuperSuds

Quote valleycliffe:

there is one big exception tho...EH apparently had a scene in the morgue talking to delia and it was CUT. i guess it was just too emotional. and yet bm and ah get their emotional scenes...

I have seen the posts where Billy & Vikki's grief for Dealyah are more on display than Chloe's; and that is a sad mistake for JFP's drama. I am at a loss for reasons why the decision was made to focus on the father & not the mother's grief. I am not a Chloe fan, never have been & never will be; but I do recognize that she had physical custody of this child on a daily basis since she was born. To trivialize her grief to show more of Billy & Vikki's is horrible--and unfair. Also Chloe is the mother--NOT Vikki! Evidently that twist of fate did not affect the ratings for the week.

By the way, where is Esther in all of these grieving processes? Chloe needs her mother's support. Besides Dealyah spent more time w/ Esther (off screen) than with anybody else. I hope to understand at some point what Dealyah's death will do to and for all the players on Y&R!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/26 10:00AM
    1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list