List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Delia's death and grief

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Delia's death and grief

Started by PurrrrrrrKitty at 2013/10/21 10:02AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/21 12:02PM, Views: 1337, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2013/10/21 10:02AM
    Delia's death and grief
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Since I just lost my husband and I am attending Grief Groups, this team of writers are hitting the emotions and a bit of the grief stages right on the button.

People react differently to death... depending upon if it is sudden, long term illness, a spouse, a parent or a child..

I am watching as each character involved is reacting very normal..Someone really did their home work.

Their deep pain has not hit home yet and won't until they recover from their shock, denial etc. since it was a sudden, unexpected death of a small child.

In my Grief Groups, I've watched two Mothers who lost their adult sons still trying to deal with it after almost a year.. One cannot talk without sobbing... one son was killed
    in motorcycle wreck ... the other committed suicide..

I know since this is a Soap, we will not see alllllll that is normal to happen due to this tragedy.. but, we will see major changes in the lives of those who were close to Delia.... and that is why this story line was done.

It might not be a story line that people like.. but it was necessary to bring about needed changes in this Soap... therefore, I applaud the writing.

This also gives the actors an opportunity to show off their skills.

So far, I am impressed.. they are really capturing the core of the story.

It will be interesting to see how much change will happen to these characters.

We allllll know how much change happened to Sharon and Nick and other family members when Cassie died.. it was a major game changer.. and this will be also.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/21 10:03AM
    #2   2013/10/21 10:17AM
    Re: Delia's death and grief
    PurrrrrrrKitty

I forgot to add, Billy watching that video over and over is very, very normal.. I listend to one song played at my husband's funeral over and over and over for hours for almost a month..

I have no idea why.. but I could not help myself.. I no longer do it.

Again, someone really did their home work on this story line and I am anxious to see how this story line plays out.

#3   2013/10/21 10:29AM
    countryMomof4

Thanks for the input Purrrr. I believe those groups are very helpful.

As loathsome as this s/l is, the actors are showing some serious talent. All of them have been fantastic. Congrats to all!

#4   2013/10/21 10:37AM
    calliope

Quote PurrrrrrrKitty: I forgot to add, Billy watching that video over and over is very, very normal.. I listend to one song played at my husband's funeral over and over and over for hours for almost a month..

I have no idea why.. but I could not help myself.. I no longer do it.

Again, someone really did their home work on this story line and I am anxious to see how this story line plays out.

I am sorry for your loss Purrrrrkitty. I lost my husband almost 13 years ago and I would call his cell to hear his voice for months after.
    I lost an adult son 4 weeks ago and am still getting my head wrapped around it. I can understand all these different reactions to grief the characters are showing. For a couple of days I was getting irritated with posters criticizing how grief was portrayed. I have thankfully gotten past that! The actors are doing a great job and, if the death had to occur, the much maligned writers are doing a good job on writing the grief.

#5   2013/10/21 10:38AM
    Licorice_423

I like the way that each of them is showing a different way to grieve and handle the situation. Some posters keep bringing up that they are not all breaking down and crying. Not everyone does that. It is still a shock to them that DD is dead. I like that Jack is trying to be the strong big brother for Billy. Victoria broke down so Billy needs someone to keep it together. Kevin held it together for Chloe but broke down in front of Chelsea. I would think this is all normal considering the situation.

#6   2013/10/21 10:47AM
    habbyfan

Purrrrrr You said it!!! My daughter lost her 2 month old baby boy to crib death.

I had been babysitting him the day before. I kept saying Thank-you G--,because I don't know how I would have handled it had he died on my watch and when she had her second baby and I babysat ... I never put her down to sleep,I kept her in my arms or put her in the arms of one of my daughter's arms.We also didn't let her sleep much.

It was all about us!!!

#7   2013/10/21 10:54AM
    Licorice_423

Quote habbyfan: Purrrrrr You said it!!! My daughter lost her 2 month old baby boy to crib death.

I had been babysitting him the day before. I kept saying Thank-you G--,because I don't know how I would have handled it had he died on my watch and when she had her second baby and I babysat ... I never put her down to sleep,I kept her in my arms or put her in the arms of one of my daughter's arms.We also didn't let her sleep much.

It was all about us!!!

That is so sad to hear!

Crib death was probably the thing that scared me the most when my son was born last year. We registered for a movement monitor that went under his mattress and would monitor his movement. If it didn't detect any movement after so many seconds, an alarm would sound. Definitely worth having for peace of mind.

#8   2013/10/21 10:58AM
    1bluegoose

My sincere condolences to those who lost a loved one. Frankly I think this s/l with Delia is in very poor taste. Most of us are watching daytime drama for entertainment not because we want to use up a box of Puffs.

#9   2013/10/21 11:06AM
    velocity

One of the songs at my Dad's funeral was How Great thou Art. I listened to it on youtube for months after he passed away. It was comforting. The true grief of losing him happened about three months later. It hit me like a ton of bricks realizing I would never see him again. That is when the meaning of the song comforted me the most.

#10   2013/10/21 12:02PM
    PurrrrrrrKitty

Quote 1bluegoose: My sincere condolences to those who lost a loved one. Frankly I think this s/l with Delia is in very poor taste. Most of us are watching daytime drama for entertainment not because we want to use up a box of Puffs.

I don't mean to be rude, but this story line is NOT for entertainment.. if it bothers people, then I suggest they FF..

Allllllll Soaps do this when the Soap is at a stand still.. and we all know Y&R was in a mess.. it needed a major change.. the young actress who played Delia was leaving and they had to know that and they took advantage.. I think a smart move..

Soaps are about love, happiness, sad times, murders and yesss death..

It is not a pleasant story line.... but a much needed one.. to upset this Soap and give it life.

Adam was made into a monster by MAB.. Adam has to pay.. and he has not paid enough yet.. whether or not he did it.. is beside the point... it was an accident.. and it is satisfying to watch Adam suffer.. he also needs to suffer about his child.. yet, they have kept a bit of his dark side by wanting to deal with the black market.. good, good writing.

It will be very interesting to see what this all does to Adam.

Billy had nooooo where to go.. and neither did Victoria.. more than sick of her and her Dad's crap.. she needed something new...the couple needed something new.... they had become silly.

Chloe??? OMG.. I had almost forgotten about her until this happened..

The Abbott's will pull together as a family for Billy.. finally we get the Abbott family involved..

Yep, a big game changer that this Soap needed.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list