List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Why kill Delia?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why kill Delia?

Started by Brom at 2013/10/15 10:00AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/22 05:36PM, Views: 20108, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/15 04:33PM
    Re: Why kill Delia?
    ksmmm

I dont mind the story-line. It brings out some real emotion and shows some awesome acting. The Chloe actress was so good,it made me tear up a little.The actors involved love being a part of these kind of sl.

#12   2013/10/15 04:34PM
    ksmmm

Quote Peggy B.: Why kill Delia? Why not??? Unfortunately, children die every day. My 13 year old nephew passed away three months ago so this storyline is hitting very close to home for me right now. Whether it be by illness or accidents, children do pass away prematurely and it is heartbreaking and tragic. Having experienced this type of traumatic event, I must say that all the actors involved in this storyline, major and minor characters have risen to the occasion. Their performances resonate with me and their emotions are heartfelt and gut wrenching. Bravo to all! And let's not forget, this is a soap opera, a genre that creates drama, therefore, the more tragic the event, the more drama and more rippling effects for all concerned. It really isn't too far off from real life

I agree!!

#13   2013/10/15 04:36PM
    hopey pix

I want Delia back!This is so emotional!I think it's all the emotion and loosing that sweet little child!!It's awful!!Bring back our Delia!!!

#14   2013/10/15 05:04PM
    Donnetta

>) I so agree. I have watched Y&R since the beginning. It has always been my favorite show. But I am sick of all the death. Now of course Mrs. C, we all understand and they done a great job with her death. But John Abbott, Cassie Newman, both of which are ghost now and now Delia. I watch Y&R to see what's going on in Genoa City. Not to see death and ghost. I don't think they should of killed off this baby. She was a fantastic little actress who had a great story line. This was totally unnecessary. Now I cry as I watch and don't care if I miss an episode.

#15   2013/10/15 05:09PM
    mimimak

Quote Donnetta: I so agree. I have watched Y&R since the beginning. It has always been my favorite show. But I am sick of all the death. Now of course Mrs. C, we all understand and they done a great job with her death. But John Abbott, Cassie Newman, both of which are ghost now and now Delia. I watch Y&R to see what's going on in Genoa City. Not to see death and ghost. I don't think they should of killed off this baby. She was a fantastic little actress who had a great story line. This was totally unnecessary. Now I cry as I watch and don't care if I miss an episode.

Me too! Why did they have to kill Colleen and Delia? Sick and tired of death. They could have accomplished much of what was sought in this sl without killing Delia. Put her in a coma like Phyl and wait months or years to recast. Won't watch. Emmys may be won for the great performances but viewers will be lost. I don't fault the actors, they are great. Writers, not so much.

#16   2013/10/18 06:17AM
    Mememe2

I have watched this soap since its inception - 1972. I have NEVER seen such botched up writing and dramatics. Killing Delia was the last straw for me. I have stopped recording the thing and am not watching it any more. I just wanted to say this to someone. What is wrong with these writers? It seems they want Y&R to get ousted off the network. I, for one, think they should backtrack and say it was only a nightmare someone had. Bring Delia back - alive!!! Sick writers who thought of this scenario. Bad acting on some of the actors' parts. They should have put their foot down about this story line and not done it at all!!

#17   2013/10/18 08:52AM
    Mememe2

Why do we need anything like reality? It's escapism I want. I surely don't want to be reminded of the reality of the death of a small child.

Anyway, there was no point to killing Delia or Colleen, for that matter. None of the storylines that follow this one could possibly be very good - CAN'T be: not with the end result being Delia's death. As I mentioned before, this might be the straw that broke the camel's back, as far as Y&R and I are concerned. I will not watch it again. I just wanted to see if anyone felt as I did about it. I have my answer since, in this thread, most feel the same as I do: this was a bad move - TOTALLY!

Modified 5 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/18 09:00AM
    #18   2013/10/18 08:59AM
    Homesick Cajun

There was no reason to kill Delia. The resulting story lines are not a good enough reason for me. For me, this story line shows a complete lack of creativity. Jill Phelps just recently did the same story line on GH when Jake was killed off. That story line resulted in her being fired. Hope this one has the same results.

There was a rumor going around that Sophie Pollono (Delia) was leaving for another show. That was a rumor and is not true.

I am not watching this story line. It's entirely too sad and depressing for me. What's really surprising for me, is I really don't miss it like I thought I would. Maybe I'll tune back in, but as of now, reading updates and spoilers on this board is enough for me.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/18 09:00AM
    #19   2013/10/18 09:42AM
    dedish59

How did the winos explain to the child actress that she is now dead and her services are no longer needed? Or did the pass the job to her agent/parent?

#20   2013/10/18 10:12AM
    Homesick Cajun

Quote dedish59: How did the winos explain to the child actress that she is now dead and her services are no longer needed? Or did the pass the job to her agent/parent?

Jill Farren Phelps had no problem firing 91 year old Anna Lee who had played Lila Quartermaine on GH for over 25 years, so I seriously doubt she had any problems firing a child. Probably enjoyed it!

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list