List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Boycott the Emmys!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Boycott the Emmys!

Started by Sylviastel at 2013/10/15 04:30AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/15 12:28PM, Views: 1129, Replies: 18
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2013/10/15 08:12AM
    Re: Boycott the Emmys!
    JBosh

I suggest you find another show to watch! Just a suggestion?

#12   2013/10/15 08:19AM
    sweetangel.

BOYCOTT WILL PROVE NOTHING IMO
    WE ALL NEED TO SIGN A PETITION TO RETIRE HER WRITINGS

#13   2013/10/15 08:43AM
    Rilynne

Quote Lanie1959:
    Quote calliope: Why punish the actors who are giving great performances because you disagree with a sl? They work hard everyday to deliver even if the don't like the sl.

exactly! the emmys are for the actors and when they work hard they should be acknowledged..............if people don't like the stories then turn off your TV .

My comments are in no way meant as disrespectful to you. This is just my theory on these awards shows for actors/musicians etc. They should be acknowledged because they work hard..is what they all think but really??? The reward is the exuberant amount of money they make in comparison to the "real" world. Why do they need to be so self-congratulatory to each other with awards and lavish gifts worth thousands of dollars from vendors most of us regular folk can't afford to buy from anyway. They are on stage "you're great - no you're great- okay we all are. I find it ridiculous. The real heroes are the people working each and every day to actually save lives and where is their awards show and lavish gift baskets? Just my little rant on these stupid shows.

#14   2013/10/15 08:50AM
    calliope

I don't care much who gets the awards, but the TV community does.
    Yes it is frivolous but I love to see what they wear.

#15   2013/10/15 09:10AM
    Sylviastel

Quote Rilynne:
    Quote Lanie1959:
    Quote calliope: Why punish the actors who are giving great performances because you disagree with a sl? They work hard everyday to deliver even if the don't like the sl.

exactly! the emmys are for the actors and when they work hard they should be acknowledged..............if people don't like the stories then turn off your TV .

My comments are in no way meant as disrespectful to you. This is just my theory on these awards shows for actors/musicians etc. They should be acknowledged because they work hard..is what they all think but really??? The reward is the exuberant amount of money they make in comparison to the "real" world. Why do they need to be so self-congratulatory to each other with awards and lavish gifts worth thousands of dollars from vendors most of us regular folk can't afford to buy from anyway. They are on stage "you're great - no you're great- okay we all are. I find it ridiculous. The real heroes are the people working each and every day to actually save lives and where is their awards show and lavish gift baskets? Just my little rant on these stupid shows.

Thank you! My point exactly

#16   2013/10/15 10:12AM
    Lanie1959

Quote Rilynne:
    Quote Lanie1959:

My point was that boycotting the emmys accomplishes nothing while turning the channel and not watching drops the ratings and that is something they don't want to happen

#17   2013/10/15 10:44AM
    Yale Steam

Quote Sylviastel: If you really want to get through to phelps, boycott the daytime emmys next year! its the main reason for delias storyline so they can submit their emmy reels in for the next daytime Emmys! Let phelps know how irrelevant they are in actuality. There are only 4 soaps around now so what's the point of winning stupid awards if the storylines drive viewers away!

Boycott the Emmys? Are you actually serious here? Over a soap opera and just because you don't like a storyline being written?

No comment.

#18   2013/10/15 10:58AM
    shiesty86

Quote Rilynne:
    Quote Lanie1959:

Are you serious????? Doctors receive awards all the time which is like their Emmy or Oscar. You can add to the list lawyers, engineers, architects, and scientists. And they even receive lavish gifts. So your argument makes no sense. If you work hard and are talented you deserve and should be lauded with awards and then some. Why try to diminish others accomplishments simply because you don't understand or know what it is truly like.

#19   2013/10/15 12:28PM
    Sylviastel

My reasoning is this. JFP had won Emmys in the past by killing off a beloved soap character. On Gl, it was Maureen Bauer which was also a car accident! On aw, it was Frankie who was brutally murdered by a serial killer. On gh, she killed off Alan & drove Lila to an early grave in real life too. She also killed dr Rick off as well as Georgie & Jake's hit & run which won Emmys for Geary & JFP. I don't care so much about the awards anyway when this storyline is going to send away viewers! I hate this storyline but I've watched worse! I don't see why JFP has to do this now especially after Kay's death.
    JFP & her writers aren't that creative if they keep recycling the same plot lines! Too much darkness under JFP!

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list