List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

The Young and the Restless - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: The Young and the Restless Forum :: Boycott the Emmys!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Boycott the Emmys!

Started by Sylviastel at 2013/10/15 04:30AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/15 12:28PM, Views: 1126, Replies: 18
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/15 04:30AM
    Boycott the Emmys!
    Sylviastel

If you really want to get through to phelps, boycott the daytime emmys next year! its the main reason for delias storyline so they can submit their emmy reels in for the next daytime Emmys! Let phelps know how irrelevant they are in actuality. There are only 4 soaps around now so what's the point of winning stupid awards if the storylines drive viewers away!

#2   2013/10/15 04:35AM
    Re: Boycott the Emmys!
    taramartin

IMO if we don't support the soaps, they will all disappear. You can always write a letter to the show if you are unhappy. Remember though that other soaps have similar storylines, sadly they reflect real life.

#3   2013/10/15 04:46AM
    Sylviastel

Boycotting the Emmys is a way to get our message across about our anger over Delia's death! You can always watch the soaps! I'm not encouraging a soap boycott at all! By boycotting the daytime Emmys, you are sending a message that winning is hollow victory if you have to kill off a child to do it!
    That's my message even though the Emmys are months away! You can support the remaining soaps by still watching them.

#4   2013/10/15 04:49AM
    Rilynne

Quote taramartin: IMO if we don't support the soaps, they will all disappear. You can always write a letter to the show if you are unhappy. Remember though that other soaps have similar storylines, sadly they reflect real life.

I agree!! We have to support the soaps or we will lose them all and I don't want that. I still miss my daily dose of AMC and GL so much. I have been watching the soaps since I was a little girl with my mother. I would come home from school in time to catch the last 1/2 hour of ATWT and all of GL. And on days off my mom and I would have a nice lunch and watch the stories together gossiping about the characters we loved and hated and sl's too. I am in my 40's so that has been a long time. I can't remember a time when I didn't hate a character or a sl on any soap. The writers can't please everyone all the time. I don't like the Delia sl either, in fact I hate it. But I will continue to support Y&R always. But I agree with social media available today fans should definitely let the writers know what they like and don't like. It may help them know the best direction to take future sl's.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/15 04:51AM
    #5   2013/10/15 05:41AM
    calliope

Why punish the actors who are giving great performances because you disagree with a sl? They work hard everyday to deliver even if the don't like the sl.

#6   2013/10/15 05:57AM
    shiesty86

Quote Sylviastel: If you really want to get through to phelps, boycott the daytime emmys next year! its the main reason for delias storyline so they can submit their emmy reels in for the next daytime Emmys! Let phelps know how irrelevant they are in actuality. There are only 4 soaps around now so what's the point of winning stupid awards if the storylines drive viewers away!

This is insane. No matter how you slice it this show is their job, their livelihood. I find this incredibly hypocritical. All I've read on the board the past couple of days is how black hearted and evil Phelps and her team is. But tell me how is your post and all the other posts about cancelling the show any different. This is a business, and just because you don't like the storyline doesn't mean you should act like a petulant child. This storyline has been great for the actors and if they want it the viewers should respect it. So why would anyone want to Boycott the Emmys when the actors we love could possibly win. I don't get your reasoning.

#7   2013/10/15 06:07AM
    calliope

Quote shiesty86:
    Quote Sylviastel: If you really want to get through to phelps, boycott the daytime emmys next year! its the main reason for delias storyline so they can submit their emmy reels in for the next daytime Emmys! Let phelps know how irrelevant they are in actuality. There are only 4 soaps around now so what's the point of winning stupid awards if the storylines drive viewers away!

This is insane. No matter how you slice it this show is their job, their livelihood. I find this incredibly hypocritical. All I've read on the board the past couple of days is how black hearted and evil Phelps and her team is. But tell me how is your post and all the other posts about cancelling the show any different. This is a business, and just because you don't like the storyline doesn't mean you should act like a petulant child. This storyline has been great for the actors and if they want it the viewers should respect it. So why would anyone want to Boycott the Emmys when the actors we love could possibly win. I don't get your reasoning.

Like!

#8   2013/10/15 07:05AM
    Sunnyflower

I never watch the Emmy's anyway, so I could pretend I did it for boycotting reasons.

#9   2013/10/15 07:57AM
    Lanie1959

Quote calliope: Why punish the actors who are giving great performances because you disagree with a sl? They work hard everyday to deliver even if the don't like the sl.

exactly! the emmys are for the actors and when they work hard they should be acknowledged..............if people don't like the stories then turn off your TV .

#10   2013/10/15 08:10AM
    Sylviastel

Cause phel

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list